FAIR CITY UNITY

Sjfcu

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

No it's not. It makes absolutely no difference to football.

Yes it does.football is fuqed.

It’s a waste of time for the fans .its too sanitised with sterile areas and where’s the passion in going to games.

sit down .sit on your hands.shut up.go home do not sing  or go to the pub and go home and put your replica top in the wash.

1 hour ago, Abbots Deuglie Saint said:

Handbags

.sensastionalist garbage.the local paper also alluded to mayhem.

what tripe.

are you gloating and believing this bollocks?

3 hours ago, slf said:

Yes it does.football is fuqed.

It’s a waste of time for the fans .its too sanitised with sterile areas and where’s the passion in going to games.

sit down .sit on your hands.shut up.go home do not sing  or go to the pub and go home and put your replica top in the wash.

The fact that some kids got fined for calling each other mean names in a car park will have zero impact on the sport of football or on my enjoyment of it. In fact if it discourages that sort of stuff it might even create a more welcoming atmosphere for young families, which would be an improvement.

I'm all for people singing, chanting, creating an atmosphere, bringing flags and banners, making a noise, supporting the team. If they got fined for doing any of that stuff then I'll completely agree with you, but what's described in that article is just a cringe-worthy embarrassment to Saints.

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

The fact that some kids got fined for calling each other mean names in a car park will have zero impact on the sport of football or on my enjoyment of it. In fact if it discourages that sort of stuff it might even create a more welcoming atmosphere for young families, which would be an improvement.

I'm all for people singing, chanting, creating an atmosphere, bringing flags and banners, making a noise, supporting the team. If they got fined for doing any of that stuff then I'll completely agree with you, but what's described in that article is just a cringe-worthy embarrassment to Saints.

It may not affect your enjoyment of it, but it affects mine. I think the FCU are a massive loss. Don't underestimate the power of creativity on and off the park. They were getting alot of young people interested in coming to the stadium cause they were taking positive energy and turning it into something. That being said I have been finding it hard to find a seat in times of late due to all the young families that have turned up for the welcoming atmosphere. Thank god there is a direct road to the crematorium now.

2 hours ago, scott1982 said:

It may not affect your enjoyment of it, but it affects mine. I think the FCU are a massive loss. Don't underestimate the power of creativity on and off the park. They were getting alot of young people interested in coming to the stadium cause they were taking positive energy and turning it into something. That being said I have been finding it hard to find a seat in times of late due to all the young families that have turned up for the welcoming atmosphere. Thank god there is a direct road to the crematorium now.

Try reading his post again. You just agreed on most of his points.

11 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Try reading his post again. You just agreed on most of his points.

The points I was making is that, the police have been mistreating our young east stand support. I have seen them harass supporters for doing no more than bringing banners and signing. So when I here of a situations when the FCU are accused of causing trouble and the Perth police are involved, unless I see it with my own eyes I ain't believing shit the cops say. They are lying, jobs worth, out of thier depth pricks. 

No one's comming to the stadium cause it's boring. The FCU made it less boring. 

Edited by scott1982

13 hours ago, scott1982 said:

The points I was making is that, the police have been mistreating our young east stand support. I have seen them harass supporters for doing no more than bringing banners and signing. So when I here of a situations when the FCU are accused of causing trouble and the Perth police are involved, unless I see it with my own eyes I ain't believing shit the cops say. They are lying, jobs worth, out of thier depth pricks. 

No one's comming to the stadium cause it's boring. The FCU made it less boring. 

I have also seen the treatment they get in the ground but none of this is about their behaviour in the ground.

They have been exemplary in the atmosphere they have created at home games but they have been idiotic outside that. The grooming from the 'old school' verifies the idiocy.

Their behaviour outside the ground and at away games can't be blamed on excessive over stewarding at home games.

9 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

The grooming from the 'old school' verifies the idiocy.

I personally do not understand what point you are making here. They come with their own identity but others have encouraged them to the point of their own banning ? I don't get this. St Johnstone have always had a naughty support but only the Fair City Unity have been treated this way. It is absolutely shocking.

Edited by PanamaSaint

On 12/01/2018 at 8:19 PM, scott1982 said:

A few kids getting fined for "trading insults" in the car park detracts from your enjoyment of going to the football? Seriously?

I'm totally on board with fans showing "creativity" and "positive energy". But I don't see how any of that is relevant to what's described as happening in this instance.

On 13/01/2018 at 12:02 PM, rik2304 said:

Our attendance is down about 150 this season apparently. 

A decent number of that are likely the infamous FCU.

So I'd tentatively suggest that the absence of our ultras isn't driving folk away in detrimental numbers.

Home support apparently isn't down, it's due to our home game against Aberdeen being midweek this season whereas the comparative fixture last season was a weekend. 

The away crowd from last season would've had our average up. 

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

A few kids getting fined for "trading insults" in the car park detracts from your enjoyment of going to the football? Seriously?

I'm totally on board with fans showing "creativity" and "positive energy". But I don't see how any of that is relevant to what's described as happening in this instance.

Aye. When yous are all watching the game I'm standing in the car park with my scarf waiting for the kids to trade insults. 

I enjoy 150 odd supporters chanting for the whole game. Which must make me strange. But then again it is just a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around a wet field.

3 hours ago, scott1982 said:

Aye. When yous are all watching the game I'm standing in the car park with my scarf waiting for the kids to trade insults. 

I enjoy 150 odd supporters chanting for the whole game. Which must make me strange. But then again it is just a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around a wet field.

I don't get what you're arguing about then. I agreed with you that having fans chanting and creating an atmosphere during the game is a good thing. I said that in the first post that you replied to.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

There has got to be a reason why the vast majority have not come back , if it's a case of one out all out then I back them a 100 % , but I think it's more than that . We need them back.

That's your Trade Union training coming to the fore.

Power to the people.

I would like the FCU to return, even if it's to drown out Ghostie.:laugh:

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

There has got to be a reason why the vast majority have not come back , if it's a case of one out all out then I back them a 100 % , but I think it's more than that . We need them back.

Once a red always a red :laugh:.