The Cathro Conundrum

Dave Ferg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched his post match interview on Wednesday and just read his interview today, the laddie does blether a lot off shet

That covers a lot of football managers.

Incidentally, the bethering must be working...Dundee are heading south...yay!

• 1 month later...

Cathro signs Berra.

Shirt number 2020

Cathro has been busy in the transfer market since he joined, but hadn't realised the club had reached 2020.:wink:

Are they maybe just putting the date they are signed until on their backs so Cathro can keep track?

Talking about Cathro and number - back in the day when I was at Dunfermline coaching we played Dundee United and he wouldn't call any of the kids by name and would only refer to them as numbers!! maybe he is actually at player number 2020 he has worked with now?

• 1 month later...

Surely he is finished after finishing 3rd in a league cup group.

I sort of wanted him to do well to prove Kris Boyd and co wrong but it appears the guy has zero aptitude as a manager.

Actually feel sorry for the guy, he is more a victim of Levien's ego than his own failings.  He was probably quite happy doing the computer analysis at Newcastle, was not aware of him applying for any managerial jobs.

Actually feel sorry for the guy, he is more a victim of Levien's ego than his own failings.  He was probably quite happy doing the computer analysis at Newcastle, was not aware of him applying for any managerial jobs.

I feel sorry for him too. I think ultimately it's been too big a job too early for him. I suspect he has all the coaching ability needed, but not the man management..... yet. That's the kind of thing you can only learn on the job and much easier to mistakes at smaller clubs away from the spotlight. He's not great with the media and maybe not having to have done interviews etc as a player plays a part here.

What money on him leaving Hearts and being a big succcess abroad in a few years.