MOTM Saints 1 - Motherwell 1 - 17/12/16

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Saints 1 - Motherwell 1 - 17/12/16  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny how folk see things differently. I thought Alston should have scored when through, and was also disappointed that he didn't seem to want to put his head on the ball when a cross was perfectly deflected up for him.

He is a player though, but I reckon it might even be next season before we really see him performing at the level he is capable of

Funny how folk see things differently. I thought Alston should have scored when through, and was also disappointed that he didn't seem to want to put his head on the ball when a cross was perfectly deflected up for him.

He is a player though, but I reckon it might even be next season before we really see him performing at the level he is capable of

Having now had a chance to watch the highlights, feel I was a bit harsh on Blair re the chance he had. 

Being at the other end from where I sit, I didn't appreciate that there were Well defenders in such close attendance, and his run and close control were pretty good to enable him to get the shooting opportunity

That said, still think that he should have scored 

Having now had a chance to watch the highlights, feel I was a bit harsh on Blair re the chance he had. 

Being at the other end from where I sit, I didn't appreciate that there were Well defenders in such close attendance, and his run and close control were pretty good to enable him to get the shooting opportunity

For me, having only seen the highlights (or doing an Athens as it is called), I don't think it was as bad an opportunity to miss as Davidson or Macca. Alston did brilliantly to carve out that chance.

I was sitting behind the goal. He should have buried it. You're right about him shying away from a header too - although he wasn't the only guilty one.

I've given Macca by vote. His touches, flicks and runs are a level above his strike partners. Was tight between him and Foster, who had a great game bombing down the wing and getting balls in.
Kane does a lot of work but isn't direct enough, certainly for a striker. I don't know if it's the coaching or what though, but there's been a lot of games where players have passed it wide/backwards when charging towards the box. Maybe a bit of muscle and "directness" would pay a dividend or two.

Spoony might have got my vote had he not foolishly blasted it over the bar at the end. But for that or Alston's pass to the keeper Saints would have won. The scoreline flattered Motherwell.