Saints Kit 2017/18

outatimecow

TTL have started the end of season clearance sale early this year. All kit reduced plus free P and P.

Fair indication that their contract with saints is ending.

Sort of torn between wanting adidas or Nike etc as their strips are usually decent, but very generic or another joma type thing where we get something original albeit poor. Was their not one year Saints, Millwall and Cardiff all had pretty much the same bukta kit?

Last seasons Man U kit in blue with yellow replacing the black would be awesome.

Edited by TheYellowBox

Fair indication that their contract with saints is ending.

Sort of torn between wanting adidas or Nike etc as their strips are usually decent, but very generic or another joma type thing where we get something original albeit poor. Was their not one year Saints, Millwall and Cardiff all had pretty much the same bukta kit?

Last seasons Man U kit in blue with yellow replacing the black would be awesome.

Any deal will be focused around the financial package for the club, I'd be surprised if strip designs even got a second thought when negotiating. Because of this I would be very surprised if we ever went down the route of a 'big name' supplier, Adidas/Nike/Puma etc. We would never shift enough units to make it worthwhile.

Joma should have been dropped on the spot as soon as they produced this year's monstrosity.

Guest ScottMann

Could also be a sign that they've loads of stock left as it didn't sell well.

The irony of Joma is that for all the dog's dinners we've had they can also produce decent strips. I know loads will think it's boring but this season's Swansea strip is great and it's simply all white with a good collar. A decent sponsor helps too of course! To me theirs just works on all levels. Love it.

I'd like to know the design process for 'bespoke' strips at our level but I expect it starts with the question 'What would you like?' and then they come up with designs to suit so I suspect the fault is not solely with them. 

skysports-enner-valencia-danny-drinkwater_3866013.jpg

For me I'd love home and away strips not too far off those in the Everton v Leicester game. Too plain for some but I think they're both class...and a decent royal blue! I doubt it'll happen though.

You would never get Adidas or Nike bespoke kits. Most teams with those suppliers just buy the strips they have in their range just like amateur teams do. Even when Man United were with Nike it was just a shirt from their catalogue.

For me the Joma top we had in 2013/2014 was a great top. Decent enough design and also great for playing football in as it was very good material.

TTL having a sale isn't really an indication of a contract ending, they do it every season. They may well have excess stock though as it was not a popular top. Good luck flogging them Myspazz :)

TTL having a sale isn't really an indication of a contract ending, they do it every season. They may well have excess stock though as it was not a popular top. Good luck flogging them Myspazz :)

The contract is ending. I am not 100% sure who SJFC are going with, but could we be one of the 3 Scottish teams to be going with FBT who supply Doncaster, Chesterfield and more to come in 2017/18.

Clearly the current home top this season is an aberration from Joma/TTL because the Joma tops have been by and large real good.  

Could also be a sign that they've loads of stock left as it didn't sell well.

The irony of Joma is that for all the dog's dinners we've had they can also produce decent strips. I know loads will think it's boring but this season's Swansea strip is great and it's simply all white with a good collar. A decent sponsor helps too of course! To me theirs just works on all levels. Love it.

I agree, the Swansea strip is great, and Everton always seem to end up with kits that I'd love Saints to have.

I think Joma have given us some really good kits over the years (the one-off Cup final shirt, and the second black-and-red one, were both great) but for the last couple of seasons the strips have been absolutely rubbish. This year's home kit looks like a child designed it, with a terrible sponsor's logo bunged on top that has had absolutely no thought put into it other than to stick a couple of stupid Microsoft Paint saltires on either side (saltires that don't even appear on the company's logo if you look at their website). And the shorts on the away strip don't even match the shade of yellow used on the shirt. For me, TTL have been very lazy in their recent handling of Saints - they haven't even bothered to take proper photos of most of their Saints range (a range that has been really lacking this year), and their website is a mess.

I don't care about Nike or Adidas but I'd definitely like to see us use someone else next season.

Not at all, it's just part of the price cycle on football tops. Surf some other clubs, you'll see they are all on discount, from Chelsea to Brentford to Partick and Hibs.

Plus the fact that clubs seem to get a new home and new away strip every single season now, instead of a two - year cycle of home/away strips.
Then you'll get other clubs who have three strips - e.g. Celtic: Home strip, away strip and "European" strip. A load of marketing sh1te if you ask me.

The contract is ending. I am not 100% sure who SJFC are going with, but could we be one of the 3 Scottish teams to be going with FBT who supply Doncaster, Chesterfield and more to come in 2017/18.

Clearly the current home top this season is an aberration from Joma/TTL because the Joma tops have been by and large real good.  

Is this a Thai based company that is coming in?

I see Macron are QofS supplier now, I wonder if they are looking to take on Joma teams as the contracts run out.

Then you'll get other clubs who have three strips - e.g. Celtic: Home strip, away strip and "European" strip. A load of marketing sh1te if you ask me.

Have a look at @awaykitwatch on twitter, an account solely to have a go at the unnecessary use of away/third kits

The contract with TTL expires at the end of next season. 

Presumably the sale on the tops being earlier than usual is due to the fact that they haven't shifted the numbers they usually do. Probably find there won't be many kids sizes left, but plenty in adults

Edited by sjfc99

• 3 months later...

I know some folk think some fans get too caught up in a piece of fabric but it'd be nice to have a strip that wasn't mercilessly mocked by supporters of other clubs. If Alan Storrar, who has been a great sponsor, is renewing his deal (which would be great) then hopefully they can put their heads together to come up with something a bit better for the shirt.

I had a quick look at the Joma stuff for next season and this shirt without the white sleeves would be pretty decent, yet a bit different, IMO. It'll no doubt be the anaemic blue again but that's obviously Joma's shade they use.

Screenshot_2017-05-11-13-09-02~2.png

Guest ScottMann

I know some folk think some fans get too caught up in a piece of fabric but it'd be nice to have a strip that wasn't mercilessly mocked by supporters of other clubs. If Alan Storrar, who has been a great sponsor, is renewing his deal (which would be great) then hopefully they can put their heads together to come up with something a bit better for the shirt.

I had a quick look at the Joma stuff for next season and this shirt without the white sleeves would be pretty decent, yet a bit different, IMO. It'll no doubt be the anaemic blue again but that's obviously Joma's shade they use.

Screenshot_2017-05-11-13-09-02~2.png

Next season is 20 years since we wore this in the SPL after Sturrock's team walked the old first division...

st_johnstone_1997-1998-bc.gif

After the success of the replica pinstripe top maybe they'll use a 20th anniversary excuse to come out with another pinstripe. 

Next season is 20 years since we wore this in the SPL after Sturrock's team walked the old first division...

st_johnstone_1997-1998-bc.gif

After the success of the replica pinstripe top maybe they'll use a 20th anniversary excuse to come out with another pinstripe. 

Totally.

it should be pinstripe, our retro 80's pinstripe is a classic.