Saints v Sevco Wed. 28/12/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

What to say of that. We lacked the ambition to go for the win. Apart fae the first 30 minutes Sevco were impotent.. Big Zander's gotta do better for their goal and as for our strike, Keystone cops defender comes to mind. If this Sevco team finishes second in the league, we should all hang our heads in shame. They are garbage given the money the breadman has spunked on them. Some Saints performances not good and the defence  before the manager changed it, looked like they had never played fitba before. Second half much better but we still sat too deep, to often. That said we should have had at least 1 penalty ( probably 2) but the wanky Crawford Allan bottled it over and over again. You know, we can all rant about refs and  mostly we go OTT but that ****er tonight almost reffed the game like he'd be nobbled. Shitebag.

As for the Zombies, Garners a thug who looks like he doesnae ken where the goal is, the keeper looks more nervous than a choirboy at the Vatican and Tavernier looks worse and worse every time I see him. Skelves in his ass O'Halloran  also looks lost. As a team they knock it about okay but they would struggle to score in a bucket oh fannies.

A decent point, but I would have loved us to have been braver. Swanson benched was a strange one. He's either fit, so play him, or he's not fit so put someone else on the bench. The fact he  eventually came on with 15 minutes to go makes me think he was fit.

Anyway, upwards and onwards. Bring on the Coags

COYS

Spot on summing up by Ghostie.

If we had been more adventurous we may have lost though.

Midge lost in a defensive midfield.

Cummins should have done better with three headed chances.

Sander at his best used to be like a sweeper & he commanded his area. Now he also seems to parry a lot of shot.

Rik will be happy to know I thought Paton was probably MoM.

Coags forummers relying on January transfer window to be their saviour.

Let's hope we don't hand them the 3 points. 

Thanks  for the update Ghostie. 

Ye oot yer scratcher yet ? It's still Wednesday am gettin steamin.

fcu were Braw .full blast.

what ghost fails to say is our home form has been dirge recently so this match was an improvement for us.sevco are quite athletic and fast but we got Steven McLean.

another voddy ? Don't mind if I do.goodnight good morning have a drink I am

Sort of conflicted in this one as we've in the past dropped all 3 points against the old rangers, so a point against v2.0 would appear welcome, but aside from 20 minutes in the first half where we looked a bit lost, it was clear that they are pish.

Defensively they are terrible and we took to long to realise that. 3 points were there for the taking.

Hats off to Tommy, all subs were bang on. They are so one dimensional and yet we get tarred with the brush of being bland.

Good effort. Impressed by Rangers ball retention in the first 25 minutes. We were chasing shadows.   Awful goal to concede. Another goal lost by a gk error. Zander hasn't been the same since getting a clatter v County.

Good goal from Macca and got us right back in it... However second half was dire for both teams.  Hee haw created worthy of mentioning...  Ref fkn awful, it's so bad that you know it's bribery.

Another point on the board but we take on Hearts and Aberdeen for 3 points, had a feeling that we gave this manky mob too much respect (fearful)

Disappointed not to have seen us create more.  Paton was top dollar tonight.  Centre halves looked calamity at times.

Roll on next game.

Edited by Dave H

Would have settled for a point before the game given we had a weakened team out with Murray and Danny missing. So happy enough. Talking of missing I haven't missed the knuckle draggers from Ibroke. Some drunken w@n £rs shoving and giving oaps in the pie queue a hard time.They really are the dregs of humanity. Also if you do come from Perth from please don't buy  them tickets for our end. I know some of our best friends are Rangers ... Celtic etc. Etc but they really are the lowest of the low

Don't know what it is about the circus that is Sevco or whatever they call themselves! I detest our encounters with them, always feel our town, team, ground is sullied...  I am sure they must have decent supporters?! But then I think no decent person would support them! There is so much to criticise I wouldn't know where to start... in my opinion it was a sad day they were allowed to reinvent themselves ... the football league is poorer for that... as a season ticket holder I almost don't want to turn up for this fixture!! Sad to say but true... no wonder everyone enjoys beating them !! ⚽⚽⚽

I haven't seen the replays yet but from my view I don't blame Clark at all for their goal. It looked a well struck shot from Garner and any attempt to catch it would most likely have led to a tapnin for McKay. He appeared to attempt to shovel the ball as wide as possible. Shaughnessy-who was otherwise excellent-didn't react quickly too it and appeared to slip allowing McKay to get the shot in far too easily to score.