The River Tay

andy rhodes fancy watch

• 2 months later...

Folk in places up the A94 like Balbeggie and Coupar Angus not happy as they think it will attract a lot of Aberdeen traffic away from the A90 through their villages, I think they have a point. The A90 along the Dundee Kingsway is dreadful and they really should bypass this before building the Cross Tay relief road.

Folk in places up the A94 like Balbeggie and Coupar Angus not happy as they think it will attract a lot of Aberdeen traffic away from the A90 through their villages, I think they have a point. The A90 along the Dundee Kingsway is dreadful and they really should bypass this before building the Cross Tay relief road.

I travel up to Aberdeen weekly from Perth at the moment. I travel via Coupar Angus to Forfar always.  It might be fractionally slower but it is consistent. Simply to avoid the Kingsway and traffic. 

The new road for Bertha Park to the back of Scone will be a busy road for sure... That's the purpose for it... It should lighten the Scone traffic which is a positive.

I thought the Kings way was a bypass.

Lots of lorries etc from Aberdeen come through villages at the moment.

https://www.perthtransportfutures.co.uk/

Nice bridge over the Tay on the fly over on this site.   

Interesting videos and explains what the council is trying to do a lot better than I understood from the papers.  

One point to note is the bridge video highlights A&J Stephen's development at Scone.  Strange that they should highlight this development when it hasn't got planning.....Unless it is a done deal and both the developer and the council are going through the motions under the guise of transparancy.

Interesting videos and explains what the council is trying to do a lot better than I understood from the papers.  

One point to note is the bridge video highlights A&J Stephen's development at Scone.  Strange that they should highlight this development when it hasn't got planning.....Unless it is a done deal and both the developer and the council are going through the motions under the guise of transparancy.

I'd imagine it's in the local plan earmarked for housing. Nothing more than that. If it gets knocked back now as the current proposal, it's only a matter of time for the next applicant to be accepted.