Decisions against us

scotty gordon

The diving b******, Wanyama I think, got them a pen at Mc D a couple of seasons ago.

It was Boerrigter who dived. Got a nudge, took five steps then threw himself to the ground. It wasn't even a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

Sure that was a few minutes after Mackay had cut back and tried to chip it past a sliding defender who batted it away with his hand.. 

Wanyama was the one who grabbed Fraser Wright by the throat in plain view of the ref and didn't even get booked. 

1968 Scottish Cup semi at Tynecastle v Dunfermline. 

Fred Aitken scored direct from an amazing corner kick. ball clearly crossed line but not given by Tiny Wharton the referee.

Dunfermline players admitted after the game it was a goal. 

Tiny Wharton cost us a chance of our first Scottish Cup final, Tiny Wharton Arse Tosser.

I remember it well. I was behind the goal that day and can still see John Lunn the Dunfermline left back clearing the ball from a couple feet over the line.  That big fat immobile lump Wharton was somewhere around the halfway line (where he rarely moved from)  waved play on and didn't even look at his linesman.

I remember it well. I was behind the goal that day and can still see John Lunn the Dunfermline left back clearing the ball from a couple feet over the line.  That big fat immobile lump Wharton was somewhere around the halfway line (where he rarely moved from)  waved play on and didn't even look at his linesman.

Strangely I looked up details about John Lunn yesterday remembering that he had died at a very young age due to Leukaemia.

That Saints team would have done us proud in a Scottish Cup Final.

He cost many many saintees who are no longer with us an opportunity for an amazing Scottish Cup Final at Hamden, I remember it like yesterday, train with my father to haymarket, we were right in the corner near the corner flag, I saw it with my own eyes. Fat useless bass. 

Guest ScottMann

Would have met Hearts in the Final too. We played them 4 times that season in the league and league cup...W3 D1 L0. We was undoubtedly robbed!

There were stories in later years that Wharton owned or was high up in a construction company that had lost out on the contract to build the Muirton enclosure and never forgave us. I haven't the faintest idea if there is any truth in any of this though. 

For those unaware of Tiny Wharton here is a random picture of him...

BveS_zYIYAAiXZ1.jpg

He cost many many saintees who are no longer with us an opportunity for an amazing Scottish Cup Final at Hamden, I remember it like yesterday, train with my father to haymarket, we were right in the corner near the corner flag, I saw it with my own eyes. Fat useless bass. 

Buried that deep in the recess of my mind

Respect thanks gus.

I was 5 .

Would have met Hearts in the Final too. We played them 4 times that season in the league and league cup...W3 D1 L0. We was undoubtedly robbed!

There were stories in later years that Wharton owned or was high up in a construction company that had lost out on the contract to build the Muirton enclosure and never forgave us. I haven't the faintest idea if there is any truth in any of this though. 

For those unaware of Tiny Wharton here is a random picture of him...

BveS_zYIYAAiXZ1.jpg

Thanks for that.i was only 5. My hooligan days only started in 1968 when dad took me tae tannadice for saints away on the  Chooch.caley school on the Monday was difficult shall we say..

john Grieg is a basted 

Just for a wee bit of balance, can anyone recall any incidents where we were a bit red-faced at a referee decision, blatantly wrong, which favoured Saints?  I realise they are very rare .......

A goal against Killie that didn't cross the line? 

Of course Killie still won the match.

Guest ScottMann

Just for a wee bit of balance, can anyone recall any incidents where we were a bit red-faced at a referee decision, blatantly wrong, which favoured Saints?  I realise they are very rare .......

Nah. We don't want balance. We don't get it anywhere else so lets not start being rational in the only place we can be 100% about Saints!

The one v Celtic where Roddy jumped on the defenders back and got a free kick which we scored from. Was in one of the three victories over them in 98/99.

That is about as close as I can come. That one of Doobs was very questionable as well. The official made a right mess of it.

Game against Killie a couple of years back. I was dreading Willie collum refereeing, but he sent two killie players off and gave us every decision going. Sometimes it happens.