Seating for Old Firm Home Matches

SaintJet

We couldn't fill the west and Ormond, so I prefer to keep it as it is, been put in the west stand before, and it makes it even more in the bigot bros favour! Status Quo for me 

I didn't realise the Quo were playing at McDiarmid!!

I reckon we might beat them :laugh:

I think you can offer better than that. We don't like the old firm and that's a given but not wanting to be in the top division- I don't believe your serious.

My suggestion is to concentrate our numbers in the stadium to maximize our support do you have any suggestions how to get this done or are you happy to continue with the status quo.

If my moving seat helped to generate more atmosphere in the Saints end I'd be happy enough to do that.

I'd also have less of the Celtic/Sevco fans as well though. It should be the away end only imo. I hate that the club fit as many in as possible.

If it ever came down to us going part time or relying on the money from away fans from Glasgow,(which won't happen). Then I'd far rather go part time than be beholden to the "green" or "blue" pound.

In regards to attendances, I really hope the club can build on the recent success of the Hamilton game. The whole #PaintItBlue campaign really showed that with a little bit of effort and some real marketing, then people will attend. A few people have said to me that if they were to do similar for every home fixture, then the appeal would wear off, however I dont buy that.

I know the club regularly hand out tickets to different schools, however like they did for Hamilton game they should be making the effort to hand tickets out to pupils in every school in Perthshire. Once they kids have the ticket in their hands, then its much harder for the parents to not take them. The idea regarding kids eating free at Frankie and Bennys was also inspired and there is no reason why this cannot be continued. Surely local restaurant owners would be desperate to get such good publicity and see an increase in their footfall. 

Season ticket holders also need to feel more valued. The club could run a weekly raffle where all season ticket holders are entered into a prize draw and the winners get things such as a meal at the club, free tickets to an away game or some club merchandise  It wouldn't cost the club much money, but would make fans feel valued.

The club do lots of good work in the community, but there is still so many things the could be doing to improve our attendances and make coming to support Saints more appealing. 

All the well meaning suggestions involve Saints handing out freebies. Some a lot - e.g. the suggestion of 1 ticket in five being free PLUS free grub represents around a 25% cut in revenue from those fans who attend regularly anyway. Even the smaller suggestions might add up to say 5%. Plus admin costs. How many of the folk who run businesses here would risk a PERMANENT 5 - 25% cut in revenue in the hope that it would drum-up significantly more than that (otherwise what is the point in doing it) in PERMANENT new business?

None would be the answer. 

Regular fans looking for a reward are not going to get it in the form of freebies. The reward comes in the form of success on the field. 

What is needed is ideas for temporary incentives to create new business. Temporary because the whole point of incentives is then to translate that into a profit stream. There is I think an awful lot going on in terms of attracting young kids that most of us won't see or hear about.

giving them half the stadium just gives them the atmosphere advantage regardless where you put them.  Based on that Saints should try the following (my helmet is on and I'm preparing for the abuse);

- give them the Main, East and North Stands

- All Saints fans moved to the Ormond

- Prices for East and Main stands increased to same prices Saints fans charged in Glasgow.  North and Ormond at regular prices.  Only free kids in the Ormond.

- rebate a % (say 20%) of the EXTRA revenue generated as a result of approx 3000 extra fans to season ticket holders (maybe credit for half time refreshments, 50/50 draw entries, discount of future cup tickets, free buses to away games etc)

Result?

- all Saints fans crammed together and probably a good atmosphere coming from one end.

- more money from the unwashed

- Saints fans get other benefits.

Win win no?

Think your suggestions, at least some are slightly flawed, despite your good intentions, will leave others to pick holes in your comments for present.

Suggest Centre of Main Stand (referred to as West stand normally) accommodates Main stand season ticket holders, V.I.P.'s, Hospitality members, complimentary ticket holders.

Reason being, that looking from the East stand there was swathes of empty seats on Sunday.

Allocate either end of Main stand to opposition, that way this stand might just be full. When was the last time it was full?

Allocate East stand ONLY to Saints support (with the exception of previously mentioned) and make the game All ticket, Saint's fans producing their Season ticket book to obtain their match ticket (s), as first option.

Thereafter, Saints cash customers purchase their match ticket, or tickets depending on availability. 

Ormond and North Stands to opposition. 

Worth a try and if attendances are not near a sell out of All seats, back to status quo. 

Couldn't give a toss if we are outnumbered or outsung, as we don't sing rebel sectarian bile.

In regards to attendances, I really hope the club can build on the recent success of the Hamilton game. The whole #PaintItBlue campaign really showed that with a little bit of effort and some real marketing, then people will attend. A few people have said to me that if they were to do similar for every home fixture, then the appeal would wear off, however I dont buy that.

I know the club regularly hand out tickets to different schools, however like they did for Hamilton game they should be making the effort to hand tickets out to pupils in every school in Perthshire. Once they kids have the ticket in their hands, then its much harder for the parents to not take them. The idea regarding kids eating free at Frankie and Bennys was also inspired and there is no reason why this cannot be continued. Surely local restaurant owners would be desperate to get such good publicity and see an increase in their footfall. 

Season ticket holders also need to feel more valued. The club could run a weekly raffle where all season ticket holders are entered into a prize draw and the winners get things such as a meal at the club, free tickets to an away game or some club merchandise  It wouldn't cost the club much money, but would make fans feel valued.

The club do lots of good work in the community, but there is still so many things the could be doing to improve our attendances and make coming to support Saints more appealing. 

Is there any "feed" back on the Frankie and Benny deal?

Was there any (significant) increase in the footfall as a result of the offer?

Sounds interesting option. But I prefer splitting up the away fans behind the goal. They make half the noise.  When they took over the East years gone by the songs were ultimately sung by all stadium.  Now a days it's only one stand Ormond or North that sings. I'd say it's the quietest we could make them.

Home support moving to Ormond. Certainly I'm not keen on the highest gate fee for a seat at the corner flag. But could be trialed... However would also want option to sit in Main stand for a better view.

How about getting a segregation line drawn in the East stand to sell a few extra away tickets say 1/4 of the stand?  Simply push our own fans up a bit and retain a decent view... If the £ is the driving aspect of this post.  Otherwise keep it as it is and those wanting a song can sit closer to FCU. Loads of unreserved seats to sit in.

Sevco due back in Perth post split, could be a game where we could qualify for Europe. Demand for home tickets would be huge.

Interestingly we may even have a 3rd home game v the tic. Tic, Hearts and Aberdeen will all have been to Perth twice pre split.

Depending on who gets the other top 6 spot someone likely to have to come to Perth 3 times.

Just have to wait and see what happens post split and how important our sevco game is for Europe! 

Sevco due back in Perth post split, could be a game where we could qualify for Europe. Demand for home tickets would be huge.

Interestingly we may even have a 3rd home game v the tic. Tic, Hearts and Aberdeen will all have been to Perth twice pre split.

Depending on who gets the other top 6 spot someone likely to have to come to Perth 3 times.

Just have to wait and see what happens post split and how important our sevco game is for Europe! 

Guaranteed Saints will get shafted in some way.

Lets just ask to play the games at Celtic Park instead and see if Celtic will bung us some money for doing so.  We should be grateful for anything they give us.  The honour of being able to run out in front of the massed ranks of their support is worth more than any financial gain they might bring.