St Paul's Church

MySpazz

Noticed Hadden construction on site yesterday removing loose roof tiles and vegetation. (Perth in bloom won't  be the same)

Council chiefs spending £2M to create an outdoor space.

Apparently this means the Spire and the shell of the building will be retained.

Will the clock (s) be retained/repaired?

P.S. Council predicted to underspend budget by £3.9M this financial year. 

Edited by HOODLUM65

I wouldn't be against the council spending money on building a block of flats for them away from the city centre. There's no point in spending millions on the centre if it's lined with junkies who roll out of bed at St Catherines and are begging on the high street or stealing from shops in less than 5 minutes.

I wouldn't be against the council spending money on building a block of flats for them away from the city centre. There's no point in spending millions on the centre if it's lined with junkies who roll out of bed at St Catherines and are begging on the high street or stealing from shops in less than 5 minutes.

And then the nimby will be at it you cant build that there, just like the Waverley its a disgrace to Perth that these people are there, personally i would house them in Scone.

Looks like a good use of the space/building 

Don't understand what is wrong with a junkie...... we are all a junkie in some way..... some more destitute than others.

Quite sure the council will set some street drinking rules in place to appease the po-face brigade. 

Edited by MySpazz

That's what they're doing, basically gutting the inside and leaving the walls and the clock tower. The space will be a "performance area" probably meant for buskers but can see the junkies using it for begging.

16473195_1415721511785578_909960082795402247_n.jpg

Some thought has gone into this, and looks like something out of a fairy tale book. But after a few Scottish winters ..who knows?

BTW what are they daen aboot the City Hall?

City Hall is going to be a arts and culture centre, they're mentioning an exhibit featuring art of John Fergusson which I don't understand as surely that's what the Fergusson art gallery is for? I imagine it will display some items from the museum which is to close at the beginning of 2018 for a £10m makeover. I'm hoping with the City Hall and Art Gallery focusing on art and culture it will leave the museum to tell and show more of the historical side of Perth and show finds from around Perth.

It is pretty bad for a museum of Perth yeah, although it can depend what's on show. The Egyptian exhibit a couple years back was great, they had their own mummy on display which is a rare sight these days because of it's fragile condition and age, as well as the mummy which had gone under tests and scans to determine it's age, the sex of the person etc.

Think this year they're having a Lego city, not sure if it's Perth in Lego form but might get the kids in the door.

If they could show us items found in Perth!! it might make locals and visitors more interested.

I mean we have the bronze age log boat they found on the Tay. There has got to be findings from the many ancient hill forts or fort bertha surely, they have findings from the fields at the location of the battle of Luncarty which involved the Vikings. How about when the shopping centre was getting built, or finding Cromwell's Citadel under the south inch car park. Also the ancient burial found whilst making the car park for Noahs Ark driving range.

It would be a hell of a lot more interesting than bits of wood or art nobody can figure the hell what it's meant to be.

Perth  museum  is the most depressing place in the town!!!!!!!! used to ge me nightmares going there as a kid.... :)

Had a wee laugh there.

Took the mates kids tae the museum about 5-6 years ago (the were 4 year and 6 year old) and the older ain wandered off. By the time we found him (10-15mins) he was bricking it wi' all the stuffed animals "staring at me" and was hiding behind a display case. :laugh: