Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright has indicated he would be interested in the Rangers job but insists such a scenario is "all hypothetical".

Wright, 53, has achieved three successive top-six finishes in the Premiership with Saints and led them to Scottish Cup glory in 2014.

Rangers parted company with former boss Mark Warburton earlier this month.

"I don't think there's anybody in a job or out of a job that wouldn't want to take that call," said Wright.

"Yeah, I would speak [if the call came in from Rangers] because it's a big club but it's all hypothetical

Disgusting.

Well, Tommy pretty much said he would take Rangers job if approached 

What was worse, was that he said that "anyone" would....eh naw they wouldnae Tommy!

They are a disgrace where sadly bigotry runs very, very deep and most...yes most people, would turn them down.

Getting outplayed by the bottom club at half-time just now. Haha...

Guest ScottMann

Not impressed in the slightest. Tommy knows how the Scottish media works. He needs to stop whoring himself to Rangers and have his agent make the begging calls to Ibrox for the job he's obviously desperate for. 

Not impressed in the slightest. Tommy knows how the Scottish media works. He needs to stop whoring himself to Rangers and have his agent make the begging calls to Ibrox for the job he's obviously desperate for. 

Yeah,should have stuck to his normal answer about being flattered. Looks like he is begging for it.

Guest ScottMann

Yeah,should have stuck to his normal answer about being flattered. Looks like he is begging for it.

He went beyond a polite political answer in that too though and made his desires obvious. He should've done what McIness did, said he wasn't nterested and turned it into a positive statement about his club. 

There's certainly no need for him to be speaking about the Rangers job the night before we play Kilmarnock, or him to be asked about it but that's the Scottish/Rangers media all over. If there's no appointment before Wedenesday then we all know what the build up to the game's going to be like.

The full interviews on Sportsound tomorrow, so best to wait and judge him until after that. 

Djoum who plays for Hearts was quoted as saying he expects Rangers to challenging for second, when he actually said Hearts will be fighting with clubs like Aberdeen and Rangers for second. The media in this country twist everything 

So none of you knicker wetters would leave your job to manage Saints, your team? Tommy comes from the side of NI that follows that cheek of the bigoted arse,so why would anyone doubt or grudge the man the job? I hope he stays as I don't think it's the right move, but if he wants the gig, so be it, he'll regret I'm sure 

Shocking public statement from TW. Fair enough for you to want a bigger club, but keep that shite behind closed doors. Makes Nigel Farage look like the Dalia Lama. And take Swanston with you. You can both rot in that cesspit.

He could get the deal... then sacked in 4 months. How does this affect team morale? We're going for 4th, or 3rd maybe.  Absolute dickhead.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

So none of you knicker wetters would leave your job to manage Saints, your team? Tommy comes from the side of NI that follows that cheek of the bigoted arse,so why would anyone doubt or grudge the man the job? I hope he stays as I don't think it's the right move, but if he wants the gig, so be it, he'll regret I'm sure 

Hi. You have answered your own question I think, most people would turn down the job because of the deep rooted sectarianism ( that is the issue) that runs deep within that club.

I get no personal pleasure in shouting all that "Sevco" zombie stuff, but as a football club representing anything, they represent the past. All Saints fans posting on this thread thus far have illustrated three things:

1 Tommy Wright is currently employed by St Johnstone.

2. The club in question without a manager, represent a particular sectarian narrative, that Scotland has moved away from.

3. In light of point two, most citizens would turn down employment in such an establishment.

Shocking public statement from TW. Fair enough for you to want a bigger club, but keep that shite behind closed doors. Makes Nigel Farage look like the Dalia Lama. And take Swanston with you. You can both rot in that cesspit.

He could get the deal... then sacked in 4 months. How does this affect team morale? We're going for 4th, or 3rd maybe.  Absolute dickhead.

• Cock 

Hi. You have answered your own question I think, most people would turn down the job because of the deep rooted sectarianism ( that is the issue) that runs deep within that club.

I get no personal pleasure in shouting all that "Sevco" zombie stuff, but as a football club representing anything, they represent the past. All Saints fans posting on this thread thus far have illustrated three things:

1 Tommy Wright is currently employed by St Johnstone.

2. The club in question without a manager, represent a particular sectarian narrative, that Scotland has moved away from.

3. In light of point two, most citizens would turn down employment in such an establishment.

Unfortunately, there's people who have an affinity wth something,that others feel is an abomination, but people are people,and they live or die by their beliefs, if Tommy wants the poisoned chalice, I'll never grudge him it,but I don't thinks it his best move

eta  Scotland will never move away whilst two bigoted cheeks of the  same arse are allowed to ply their trade

Edited by dave mc

As a manager his media training and knowledge of previous dealings with them should make him realise that they dig for headlines and sensationalism, its what sells newspapers. whether orf not there has been a call, will be a call or he hopes there'll be a call, if whats reported is true he should've kept his mouth shut or given the usual bland reply especially the day before a game which is where all his concentration should be, especially with wednesdays match. 

his position at saints is assured, anyone who goes to rangers coat will be on a shoogly peg unless they finish second, win a cup, qualify for europe, progress into europe and conquor all in there way, because that is what their board and fans expect. 

it could still be the media playing mind games, trying to be the 12th man prior to wednesday night knowing if saints win today depending on hearts, it could be a third place battle.

time will tell, but he has said whats been printed i'm not impressed with him and his lapse in professionalism.