Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

What a takedown on Steve Brown by @rik2304 above. The disappointment has dissipated over time but the missed opportunity of 2014 shouldn't be forgotten, especially when he takes a pop at our crowds. Not backing the manager was bad enough but the inaction over season tickets was unforgivable.

In fairness, he's realistic about the kids go free policy and it's the long game with that. It will pay off in time. I'll always support that even if it comes at the expense of other fans but there's no doubt that £23 is an issue. Maybe it's time to see if something can be done on that front, hard as it might be.

Guest ScottMann

It's great trying to attract the next generation of fans, even if many of them will probably leave Perth for work and rarely be able to come back. AS has been said, what he should be doing at the same time is trying to get the lapsed adults back right now but this doesn't seem to be in his sights. 

Edited by ScottMann

For a spell during this season our home performances and results were awful. If you'd attended a few games over this period, the entertainment was not there... Would certainly be pointing the finger at the gaffer for a run of shocking home results and performances.  Can't look to blame fans for not turning up if the product on the park is not worth the admission.

We don't win pretty is mentioned, even from our chairman. We adopt anti-football time wasting in the corner in the final minutes.  But fans are questioned and comments such as 'slap in the face' are supposed to entice a few hundred along? Don't get me wrong....

I'd rather be successful as we are, as opposed to Dundee who think they are Barca every season and do sod all.... Always remember that awesome Dundee team with Sara and Caniggia, they finished 6th!!   

But how Id like to see more entertainment while we win.. I want it all!

Dave H ....spot on!

Matches especially at home have been hard to watch, but the final league placings are most likely all that will be remembered along with a few goals and results in certain games. Finishing 9 points from Rangers is a fantastic achievement given our respective budgets and as you stated the Dundee team with Sara and Caniggia could only finish 6th!

Would like to see us be defensively stronger and more entertaining in order to bring in an increased support, but that will require quality players, better cup runs to hold the fans interest and that unfortunately also costs the club and people coming along more.

Tommy will probably never be offered the Rangers job, but if he ever does it would be interesting to see whether he could do any better than their current and most recent managers with the financial backing that comes, but from my and Saints point of view I hope it never happens!

Edited by Pelosi

Agree with a lot of comments here. On the back of our Cup win our average attendance jumped by  almost 800.  That's huge for us. It could have been even more if the club had got season tickets on sale earlier.  And how does the club react?.. we sell our star striker and don't replace him and are the only team in Scotland to fail to score more than 2 goals in a game all season.  We eventually finish 4th thanks to a great manager and an excellent defence.  That season after the cup final was the one that got away.

The following season our average attendance was back to its previous level around 3800.

This season the average is up at 4392, though this must partly be boosted by 2 big crowds v Rangers compared to previous seasons.  As mentioned, we were pretty grim to watch at home for a few months which maybe didn't entice folk along.

The club have massively upped their game though, with a really good early push on season tickets. And with Hibs bringing far bigger crowds than Inverness, along possibly with Utd, you'd hope our attendances should go up again.  

The buzz from Europe will be massive as well and hopefully more fans come along to league games on the back of it.  The club could maybe advertise season tickets on sale straight after the home european games again.. if you've just watched Saints win a european game in front of a big crowd you're more tempted to signup for a season ticket at the time.  They announced the ticket office being open and ST's for sale after the game on Sunday, which is a great idea.

I'm quite optimistic about the way the club is going, and I think we'll see a good increase in ST sales this summer. Hopefully the club announce a couple of good new signings earlydoors to sway more folk to sign up.

It's a long term thing, evolution not revolution as they say.

Guest ScottMann

Tommy said last night in front of everyone at the Tulloch "don't worry, I'm not going anywhere". Also repeated it to me at the bar.

So he's still at the bar in the Tulloch? He certainly did learn a lot from Lomas.

Tommy said last night in front of everyone at the Tulloch "don't worry, I'm not going anywhere". Also repeated it to me at the bar.

Why would you leave a job you enjoy, where you are achieving and where you are loved?

Also, remember his health might influence him. His quote on Twitter is joy, they should make that into T shirts.

Even our attendances for European games have been falling. Be interesting to see how many we get this year. 

To be fair we were portrayed by the media, fans alike and players that we would walk that game - even though we should, I can forgive folk for hanging on to their cash for a bigger night. However, that doesn't really explain the Minks attendance - possibly due to Rosenborg. But all in all the Alashkert attendance shows that fans are still willing to come to our "smaller" games - so it's realistic to expect 5000 fans for your average league game on a Saturday.

Does anyone know the club's takings from ticket sales on a weekly basis - surely there's bound to be some HMRC sub-page about each plc's financial figures? Would be interesting to see how an affordable football scheme could sway the home attendance - ie pay what you can, or u18s go free, all adults for a fiver, season ticket holders get a free pie and drink...etc

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

To be fair we were portrayed by the media, fans alike and players that we would walk that game - even though we should, I can forgive folk for hanging on to their cash for a bigger night. However, that doesn't really explain the Minks attendance - possibly due to Rosenborg. But all in all the Alashkert attendance shows that fans are still willing to come to our "smaller" games - so it's realistic to expect 5000 fans for your average league game on a Saturday.

Does anyone know the club's takings from ticket sales on a weekly basis - surely there's bound to be some HMRC sub-page about each plc's financial figures? Would be interesting to see how an affordable football scheme could sway the home attendance - ie pay what you can, or u18s go free, all adults for a fiver, season ticket holders get a free pie and drink...etc

That Alashkert game was brutal.

Can't help but think Mr Brown wasn't too unhappy that we didn't progress. With the prospect of Kazakhstan in the next round. Was Scobbie not in CM? I seem to remember a suspiciously strange starting line up.

Can't say I was too upset about losing it myself.