Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

Another interesting aside is that viewing figures in England are way down (14%) whereas in Scotland the game is thriving. Maybe this is the start of the bubble bursting and if so, the drain of talent from Scotland to traditionally smaller clubs being over. Would Tommy want to go to say a Rotherham or Bristol City type club if the money dried up?

Viewing on TV or attendances? No club in England would have a care about attendances if the TV money keeps pouring in. 

Viewing on TV or attendances? No club in England would have a care about attendances if the TV money keeps pouring in. 

Viewing on TV. Sky bring the biggest drop. You are right, they could play in empty stadiums and still cream it in.

Domestic viewers is becoming less and less of a factor, but I'd assume more stable. Big issue will be if there is a shift from say the Far East.

Scottish clubs are in a fantastic position if there was some kind of implosion.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as the Portuguese man o war will probably be sacked tomorrow, they may well look at someone with a bit of knowledge of Scottish football. I'd expect Mcinnes before TW to be honest.

They've just spent ~£6m on utter unknowns that only Caixinha knows, I don't think they can actually afford to sack him

• 4 weeks later...

Do not think that would happen:

1. They are not as good as us.

2. They tend to go for young managers.

I think Tommy is his own man and would not wish to be a levein puppet. If they get rid of manager and director of football then yes I suspect he would be in their thoughts as would Presley and Paul Hartley.

Cathro must be fired now.

And I think Tommy might just be in their sights. 

Whether he would be interested is another question, I'm sure he wouldn't handle the Levein interference 

If/when Cathro goes Hearts will promote Austin McCann and retain Levien as Director of Football or whatever title you give someone upstairs who interferes in team matters.

I think he'd turn it down. Hearts have built a team for Cathro and TW wouldn't be allowed to change it. The signing of MOH and the hints from ITK folk that we'll be bringing in another high profile signing suggest that Brown is allowing TW to get top targets. 

Personally I think Brown always tries to get TW's no1 target but just doesn't happen for financial reasons or player just picks elsewhere. 

Personally I think Brown always tries to get TW's no1 target but just doesn't happen for financial reasons or player just picks elsewhere. 

SB looks at the bigger financial picture eg longevity of the club as opposed to a Managers wish list for the relatively short term irrespective of who the manager is.

I'm not sure, especially early on, that he was that willing to push the boat out too much. In saying that weve made some very good contract offers in the past. 

I'm not sure, especially early on, that he was that willing to push the boat out too much. In saying that weve made some very good contract offers in the past. 

Pushing the boat out is different than chasing top target though. 

We'll never over spend no matter who's the gaffer. 

What I mean is Mr Brown would always follow up TW's targets but if they dont meet budget then that's a different story. 

Some of this seasons extra budget comes from money generated from reduced contracts offered to existing squad members. 

Midge, Macca & others agreed to terms similar to what Tam got offered.

The reduction % may have differed though.