Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

Cathro is Levein's creature, the demand for a new manager is beginning to be drowned out by the demand to remove Levein.  This is a tough one for levein, and Budge.  Levein will have to admit his mistake and quickly.....not really his forty!  If he stays, Peter Houston would be top of the list, but we may be past the point where the Jambos will accept another Levein appointment......Jambos removed their last manager when second to of the league, as a fan group they are are among the most militant.  If levein and Cathro go, two salaries off the ledger this would make room for a meaty offer for a new and experienced manager.  Ann Budge has had so far; Locke, Neilson,  and Cathro all young and despite their qualities all failures, if you were her, and looking for an experienced manager with a proven track record in Scotland would placate the fans.....who would you go for?......be afraid, be very afraid.  

Edited by Smarmy Arab

Tommy sounded frustrated after the Euro exit. Imagine what Tynecastle would be like every home game if he had delivered a trophy and European football 5 years out of 6?  Like Levein, Warburton, or MacNamara, Cathro has a 'philosophy' not a bad thing in itself and when it works it's a joy to watch, but all too often it becomes restrictive and ends up functioning like a set of hand cuffs.  Tommy is ultra pragmatic....his philosophy is much more simple....how do I get the result I need ....IN THE NEXT MATCH?  Ann Budge may well be fertile to such a philosophy, having tried the others.

Them going for Tommy would require Budge abandoning the young manager with older mentor model. Only then would Tommy come into play. Plus with a stand to pay for, could they afford to pay off the pair of them? 

And give Saints compo.

Not going to happen. Move on.

Guest ScottMann

So we've a United fan on here, and a Dundee fan on P&B, both absolutely desperate to link TW to a job that isn't even open, to the point where it's like they're almost convincing themselves it has to happen so they have any chance of getting near us again. 

Brilliant reading. 

The Dundee one on P&B is a poor troll that has you hooked every time. Smarmy may be tongue in cheek but he makes decent points.

I don't know why you keep posting on here considering how little you think of the site and the thick idiots that use it. It's obviously way below someone of your intellect. 

The Dundee one on P&B is a poor troll that has you hooked every time. Smarmy may be tongue in cheek but he makes decent points.

I don't know why you keep posting on here considering how little you think of the site and the thick idiots that use it. It's obviously way below someone of your intellect. 

I don't think below this site at all. I sometime mock some posts on it, same as the FB page, and P&B, I fully expect people on all this places also mock things that I say. 

I'd be much more worried about losing Tommy if the Sevco job came up again. Don't see him as the right match for Hearts - not unless they get rid of Levein too.

I just hope that both Hearts and Sevco keep faith with their current managers for as long as possible, as failure for those two will turn this season into a massive opportunity for Saints.

I'd be gobsmacked if O'Neill wanted that job. When he wants to leave Northern Ireland he'll be able to get himself a decent Championship-level job in England. Plus there's his Hibs background.

I think Levein's presence is going to really restrict Hearts from making the best appointment. It's an attractive job but lots of strong candidates will be put off by the idea of having to work under him.

I'd be gobsmacked if O'Neill wanted that job. When he wants to leave Northern Ireland he'll be able to get himself a decent Championship-level job in England. Plus there's his Hibs background.

I think Levein's presence is going to really restrict Hearts from making the best appointment. It's an attractive job but lots of strong candidates will be put off by the idea of having to work under him.

Did see a comment on twitter last night about Paul Hartley, not sue if he is working at Celtic with the under 20 squad at present, but this suggested that he was being lined up for the Hearts job and that was why Shaun Maloney was in talks over the Celtic  Under 20 coaching role.

I'd be much more worried about losing Tommy if the Sevco job came up again. Don't see him as the right match for Hearts - not unless they get rid of Levein too.

I just hope that both Hearts and Sevco keep faith with their current managers for as long as possible, as failure for those two will turn this season into a massive opportunity for Saints.

Saving grace with Hearts and Sevco is that their fans and management are "ambitious" ( or as anyone with sense would put it "deluded") and will think Tommy too old.  Tommy would probably go to Sevco (he is staunch) but would not consider Hearts while Levein is there - neither would any other decent prospect.  Jimmy Calderwood might think about it.