Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

Aye normally pleased to see saints get coverage but this piece would barely be applaudable if it had been written by a high school student on a journalism placement and about three year ago. 

BBC being dumbed down by the day, printing this mindless drivel. Next they'll stock motd with a bunch of opinionless v-neck sweaters. 

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Everyone agrees that TW is top notch.  He is the club's biggest asset and should be top of Broon's priority list for improving and further extending his deal - ensuring we either retain his services long term or the club benefits to the full if and when he goes to a club willing to pay for his services.

Random, Same principle as with valuable player assets. If you are happy with performance and do not see it deteriorating into the future why would you not extend now for say a further 2 years (until 2021)? Gives TW job and financial security and would secure a serious financial benefit if other club wants him in the near to mid future. Leave until 12 months to run and each month that passes between now and then and beyond gives a financial incentive for another club (eg Rangers) to invest in him - and leave Saints with a problem and less funds to solve it. If I were in Broon's shoes I would be getting on with this now.

Get him on a two year rolling contract!

Disagree 50! My point is that TW's stock is presently at its highest and we should be extending by a couple of years thus he is effectively put on to a 4 year contract as of now. making his value to the club starting at 4 times the value of his annual remuneration. I reckon 2 years is not a big enough disincentive for another club and would not give the club sufficient compensation for his services.

I can see a Jim McLean thing happening here, whereby Saint Tommy is made a Director and ends up running the club.

I would love this to happen, so good for the game.  I remember teams sniffing around wee jum all the time, including Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea, Rangers, Hearts  Hibs, Motherwell, and others no doubt....... people used go say....well Dundee fans mostly....used to say he lacked ambition....yes I'd say........you're right I'd say........what was your point again? ;)

Can't see O'Neil getting sacked. He stuffed up, but has got NI on the verge of Fifa's top 20 rankings, announced next month i believe.. Still in with a shout for Russia. It'd be madness to sack him now. Not bad for an ex-brechin manager. If the same thing happened to TW, rap on knuckles & community service. No fear on this one. I'd be more concerned about him going to English leagues.... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might not have long to wait......

With Pedro's demeanor during the Hamilton game where he had flu? it looked like he was away if they got beat .Then a win against Hamilton & us,with the help of the ref & they were world beaters again.

Looks like the refs sussed out they were divers as they got nothing today.