Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

Surely this now means that MOH is back there in January?  New manager wanting to evaluate all his players and all that...

Maybe his new manager would be his old/current manager!!!

Question is could THE THE afford to pay compensation for a manager currently employed or will they look at the whose available without compensation list of candidates??

Anyway who cares what they do it is what Saints do that matters.

apparently 500k severance pay to Pedro.

any manager currently at a club would cost money - McInnes probably at the dearer end.

Is McLeish at a club? Pretty sure he isn't. Could be him with Kenny Miller as his #2. 

That said, when McLeish left Rangers he said he wouldn't manage another Scottish club as he'd achieved everything he could. But if he's currently unemployed. needs must!

apparently 500k severance pay to Pedro.

any manager currently at a club would cost money - McInnes probably at the dearer end.

Is McLeish at a club? Pretty sure he isn't. Could be him with Kenny Miller as his #2. 

That said, when McLeish left Rangers he said he wouldn't manage another Scottish club as he'd achieved everything he could. But if he's currently unemployed. needs must!

Can’t see  Tommy going there but maybe they would Swap MOH for TW and Callum steps up to be our new number one.

Would hate to see Tommy go but that would at least lessen the blow.

I'm not as bothered as I was a year or two ago about the possibility of Tommy leaving

Been fantastic and forever a legend for leading us to cup glory, but maybe, just maybe, going a bit stale?

(runs for cover)

Who knows? Maybe a bit? Entertainment value is very low and, despite our success, has been for a while.

Tommy must get fed up with only being able to bring in 'strikers' like Denny.

The board of the new club plays to the masses (many of whom are deeply sectarian). It will forever puzzle me that any individual would consider employment amongst such deep rooted poison in 21st Century Scotland. Speaks volumes of any individual with a passing interest.

Tommy must get fed up with only being able to bring in 'strikers' like Denny.

Why? It's him that does it. His record of signing strikers is, quite frankly, abysmal. Nobody forced him to sign the likes of Iwelumo and Fallon. Just like nobody forced him to sign Johnstone. Hes done well elsewhere with Shaughnessy, MOH, Swanson all showing he can spot a player, but he has a complete blindspot for a centre forward and it's entirely done to him. 

Can't understand anyone wanting Tommy gone - completely beggars belief.  The man is a legend and will lead us to a decent finish again this season.  I don't think Tommy will go to Ibrox anyway (not a big enough name for them).  McInnes going there and the sheep coming for Tommy would be my worry.

Why? It's him that does it. His record of signing strikers is, quite frankly, abysmal. Nobody forced him to sign the likes of Iwelumo and Fallon. Just like nobody forced him to sign Johnstone. Hes done well elsewhere with Shaughnessy, MOH, Swanson all showing he can spot a player, but he has a complete blindspot for a centre forward and it's entirely done to him. 

It may be that he can only fish in certain pools as a permit for the others are too costly?

I think it could be a bit of a merry-go-round if McLeish does not get the job. The first two will be McInnes to Rangers then the sheep will use the compensation to buy Tommy. They are easily in the top 3 managers in the SPFL. I cannot see Rangers taking the chance on another manager who does not have SPFL ecperience. Hope I am wrong. 

It may be that he can only fish in certain pools as a permit for the others are too costly?

Doubt it. If he can afford two first choice keepers, MOH and Scougall then he can clearly a very decent wage if he needs too. He offered Swanson a huge deal aswell apparently. 

I'm not blaming him for choosing to sign/retain those players ahead of spending that wage on a striker, but this "woe is me" sentiment some fans have about TW and his budget just seems miles out.