Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

“He knows that it is like any Scottish manager, if they were linked to the Scottish job, your country is your country, and for me it is the top job that I could probably ever achieve.

“And it is the same for Scottish managers, to play for your country, to go into management and coaching and then work for the national team is the ultimate dream

I think Oneill, if he goes , is chosing a wise time to go with an aging irish squad, TW might think twice about that?

He cant really top what Del has done with Aberdeen either so im still confident of keeping hold of Tommy. 

he wasnt to chuffed at the sfa not contacting callum about the holland game 

I think Oneill, if he goes , is chosing a wise time to go with an aging irish squad, TW might think twice about that?

He cant really top what Del has done with Aberdeen either so im still confident of keeping hold of Tommy. 

he wasnt to chuffed at the sfa not contacting callum about the holland game 

All the above is true 541, but it could be argued St Johnstone is in a similar position with little scope to improve,

I would think the NI job does suit TW and his ways, so I would think if offered he would take it. 

Guest ScottMann

All the above is true 541, but it could be argued St Johnstone is in a similar position with little scope to improve,

I would think the NI job does suit TW and his ways, so I would think if offered he would take it. 

A similar position but with a less restrictive way out of it than an international team. I think he'd be better with us than trying to follow O'Neill but agree he'll go if offered it. 

While I don't believe for a minute TW will be offered the Rangers job, it's worth noting that West Brom have sacked Pulis.

That's another place that might interest McInnes as he's a bit of a legend down there.

Only saying as that would mean both Rangers and Aberdeen jobs vacant, and McInnes out the picture

I hope TW gets the NI job.

SJFC have a history of providing a launchpad for managers. 

We get a bit of money, TW gets a dream job, CD gets a promotion, maybe Alec Cleland too.

why would you hope our best ever manager gets another job, or do you just mean that if he has to leave you'd rather he went there than the club jobs being mentioned?

why would you hope our best ever manager gets another job, or do you just mean that if he has to leave you'd rather he went there than the club jobs being mentioned?

I hope he doesn't but fair dues the NI job is something were all beginning to realize is probably going to happen .. he's due however CD promoted to manager and bring back Dave McKay as assistant Clelland can stay put or leave as far as I'm concerned...

I hope he doesn't but fair dues the NI job is something were all beginning to realize is probably going to happen .. he's due however CD promoted to manager and bring back Dave McKay as assistant Clelland can stay put or leave as far as I'm concerned...

Why would Mackay drop down to being an assistant when he's got his side at the top of the league? 

Why would Mackay drop down to being an assistant when he's got his side at the top of the league? 

I've thought about this and I think the opportunity to go full time could be a massive factor. Some may argue it's a step down, but he knows saints model, manager leaves, assistant takes over so he'd just need to be patient and hope either Davidson does really well or really poorly. 

I've thought about this and I think the opportunity to go full time could be a massive factor. Some may argue it's a step down, but he knows saints model, manager leaves, assistant takes over so he'd just need to be patient and hope either Davidson does really well or really poorly. 

Is he not working somewhere else aswell though? I'm sure he talked about getting a job outside of football to go along with the Stirling job.