Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

Oh aye, and they probably don't have the funds available to pay Aberdeen the compo for McInnes.

Saints however would of course waive any compo due, in order to assist TRFC in their quest to get back to where they belong. :roll::twisted:

Maybe Saints could do a swap for O'Halloran.

I wonder if the delay in appointing a manager is another Rangers ploy to unsettle managers like they do with players.

Look at the form of Dons & Saints.

They have another loan coming in over the course of this week. It's clear they've got **** all money so they've had to wait on that. They'll hire someone soon. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

O’Neill offered a 6 year contract by NI to stay, hope he takes it. 

O'Neill now about to enter talks with Scotland after a compensation package has been agreed between the two governing bodies.

Tommy for N Ireland becomes a hot topic again.

I would hate for Tommy to go, however I would rather he left of his own volition than suffer the ignominy of being asked to leave at some stage.... He is forever going to be immortal as far as I am concerned, not in a million years did I ever think Saints would win the Scottish cup!  I think we all should be eternally grateful... 

I honestly think he & Saints are a perfect fit.. In Tommy we trust ;-)

They will have half a million plus from the SFA, plus buckets of Euro money. Don’t think that will be a problem for them. If Tommy doesn’t get the Norn Irn job soon, I can see him going to a Dundee United or a Kilmarnock just for a new challenge in a year or so when the compo is much less. 

He could of course have a contract clause allowing him to leave for the Norn Irn job for a specified level of compo or, even, none, though that wouldn’t be very Brownish. 

Edited by Abernethy Saint

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Rightly or wrongly I don't think the club would be hugely difficult for NI to deal with. I think it's a one off opportunity for him 

I feel the same way. But those that think that TW is the only candidate of quality they have got and we can make big demands, are so wrong.

Guest ScottMann

If NI wanted Tommy and Brown stopped him from going then things would never be the same here again. If Tommy didn't resign then he'd surely be off to the first club that wanted him.

On 14/01/2018 at 8:12 PM, ScottMann said:

If NI wanted Tommy and Brown stopped him from going then things would never be the same here again. If Tommy didn't resign then he'd surely be off to the first club that wanted him.

No need to worry about that now. There is always a chance O'Neil may still leave N,Ireland but with an offer of £750,000 I doubt it.

18 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

O,Neil staying with NI having rejected Scotland job.

So unless TW is next on the Scotland list looks like he will be staying with us.

Time to knuckle down and get on with it big man!!

BBC doesn't even have him considered in their list even though they use the line that sums up the medias feelings on his time at Saints:

"With O'Neill, it looks as though the SFA have identified someone with a track record of over-achieving, of making a team that is more than the sum of its parts."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42780089

• 3 weeks later...