Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

A couple of west coast, media favourites.

In his 4 years at the club, how many times has Tommy even been nominated?

Come to think of it, how many times has he even won a manager of the month award? How many out of 40?

Do your own spade work if you want the answer, don't expect others to do the skivying for you.:roll:

Is this response really necessary?  The poster was merely pointing out the lack of official recognition for Tommys achievements. :roll:

Keep yer hair on Mr. Touchy it was in response to his last line, not for his overall comment which I'm in agreement with.

P.S. I am sure he is quite able to speak for himself.

Have a nice night.

Hilarious that Archibald and Duffy make the cut but Tommy doesn't. Duffy has Morton 4th in the Championship. Hardly a managerial mastermind.

I take it as a slightly backhanded compliment to saints. Given our performances over the last, arguably 10 years, it shows we are just assumed to be a top 6 side now. 

Slightly harsh on Tommy personally as he is by far a better manager than Duffy and Archibald.

Suits me that he is underrated as it means he's more likely to stay at Saints for longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Brown is right, it is just a matter of when, but Tommy is the living proof that give a good manager a good base and stability to work with then they can achieve good things.

The success we are having at the moment isn't just down to Wright, the current players and those around the club at the moment, it is due to the likes of Geoff Brown and Duff etc that built the club up in the right way and the fans that stuck by the club when others around were going mental and spending crazy money.

Its because of this we can compete with lower crowds.

However, the 'advantage' we ha e built up with not servicing debt is not really there now. Club needs a bit for from the lay fans. Even 500 more on average would make a big difference.

If life was fair then Tommy would get a job offer from the English Championship but I don't think this is very likely in the current climate.

There were 5 teams in the Championship with foreign managers this season and they all finished in the top 6 so undoubtedly more clubs will look abroad.

Of the 18 teams with British managers, 11 of these had previously managed in the Premier League. Realistically, a Championship chairman is unlikely to choose Tommy ahead of a Harry Redknapp or a Steve Bruce.

If life was fair then Tommy would get a job offer from the English Championship but I don't think this is very likely in the current climate.

There were 5 teams in the Championship with foreign managers this season and they all finished in the top 6 so undoubtedly more clubs will look abroad.

Of the 18 teams with British managers, 11 of these had previously managed in the Premier League. Realistically, a Championship chairman is unlikely to choose Tommy ahead of a Harry Redknapp or a Steve Bruce.

Indeed, even more so given how Scottish managers have done down there in the last five years or so. I think it would be league one or two if at all.

Steve Brown is right, it is just a matter of when, but Tommy is the living proof that give a good manager a good base and stability to work with then they can achieve good things.

The success we are having at the moment isn't just down to Wright, the current players and those around the club at the moment, it is due to the likes of Geoff Brown and Duff etc that built the club up in the right way and the fans that stuck by the club when others around were going mental and spending crazy money.

Its because of this we can compete with lower crowds.

However, the 'advantage' we ha e built up with not servicing debt is not really there now. Club needs a bit for from the lay fans. Even 500 more on average would make a big difference.

It kills me to think of how well we could fair if our part-time fans who only turn up to the European games actually came to the home games domestically. Even if we could get 500-1000 more fans in, we'd eventually see decrease in ticket prices as a result. To be honest I'd shut the Ormand stand but keep the family initiatives for the East stand, as I think we'd all agree that a full East stand is the power force in the atmosphere we see on European nights.

Our shite attendance merit a thread of its own - quite tempted to say the least.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

It kills me to think of how well we could fair if our part-time fans who only turn up to the European games actually came to the home games domestically. Even if we could get 500-1000 more fans in, we'd eventually see decrease in ticket prices as a result. To be honest I'd shut the Ormand stand but keep the family initiatives for the East stand, as I think we'd all agree that a full East stand is the power force in the atmosphere we see on European nights.

Our shite attendance merit a thread of its own - quite tempted to say the least.

It was brought up at the Cup Winners Lunch yesterday and you could see the exasperation within Steve Brown as he answered a question regarding attendances. He described this season attendances as, "a bit of a slap in the face for the manager and players".

He said that they would continue their work with schools and the local community as a long term project...

The age old arguement was put back to Steve that as a percentage of Perth and Perthshire, we actually do alright compared to the percentage of people in Dundee(Dundee FC and Dundee United) or Edinburgh(Hearts and Hibs). Steve Brown showed clear glee when mocking Dundee United for their 5000 attendance v Falkirk in the play offs...

It was brought up at the Cup Winners Lunch yesterday and you could see the exasperation within Steve Brown as he answered a question regarding attendances. He described this season attendances as, "a bit of a slap in the face for the manager and players".

He said that they would continue their work with schools and the local community as a long term project...

The age old arguement was put back to Steve that as a percentage of Perth and Perthshire, we actually do alright compared to the percentage of people in Dundee(Dundee FC and Dundee United) or Edinburgh(Hearts and Hibs). Steve Brown showed clear glee when mocking Dundee United for their 5000 attendance v Falkirk in the play offs...

Wee couldny even take 1 thousand to Aberdeen the other week there, despite it being one of the biggest game of the season - yet we managed to fill their section 2 years ago.

Where's all the fans gone?

Wee couldny even take 1 thousand to Aberdeen the other week there, despite it being one of the biggest game of the season - yet we managed to fill their section 2 years ago.

Different circumstances, they reduced the prices and it was last game of the season and it was win or bust for Europe and add in the 4 in a row, but agree thought we would take more last month especially with free transport on offer and the only other away game being Septic after the split.