Car Park Gates on Saturday

akuram

Why after advising parking permit holders at the start of the season to enter the car park only by the gate on the right does the club on Saturday had that gate closed and a steward guarding it.

No prior warning this was to happen was not good and does not help encourage people to use the car park or attend games. It is also bad  for permit holders that the club haven't  re-painted the numbers on lots of the bays. I don't suppose this matters to most of the fans but it is a big deal every home match because after paying for a particular bay the permit holder should expect to turn up at half-time and his space should be waiting. At the moment getting your own bay is almost impossible.

Did the gate problem annoy anyone else?

Assume they were shut because their was no access to the parking at the training pitch but don't see why. There were guys trying to get in & had to turn around,causing long tailbacks down the Crieff Road.

How difficult is it to inform supporters ?.

Forgot,communication is not a strong point or thought to be necessary by Saints.

yes this was a nuisance.  My dad actually drove past the main entrance to enter the East stand road to be met with a man in a yellow jacket (puppet) passing on a message that it is only for pedestrians, dare say he had to apologise to every car who spoke to him (poor lad).  We had to U turn after a little wait and slowly entered the ground. Recon by the time we got through the main gate, we would have been parked.   

It also looked like it was a 2 way road in operation, is that the normal situation for the Main Stand Road?  

Does anyone know if fans have been knocked over on entering the ground via the East Stand Road?  has there been injuries sustained by cars.   1 entrance to the car parking certainly created a bottleneck to Joe Public on the roads.

All it needs is some white paint to be painted as a line down the middle of the East Stand road, with a pedestrian lane and a car lane.. aka a cycle lane. This could be adhered to on entrance and exit (till all the fans have left)  The exit setup seems to be safer for fans this season.

OR   is this simply a squeeze to ensure everyone pays their car parking and scallywags who may have exploited the East Stand road have ruined it for everyone.  - Who gets permission to park in the training ground anyway- Im guessing its free parking in there.

Why after advising parking permit holders at the start of the season to enter the car park only by the gate on the right does the club on Saturday had that gate closed and a steward guarding it.

No prior warning this was to happen was not good and does not help encourage people to use the car park or attend games. It is also bad  for permit holders that the club haven't  re-painted the numbers on lots of the bays. I don't suppose this matters to most of the fans but it is a big deal every home match because after paying for a particular bay the permit holder should expect to turn up at half-time and his space should be waiting. At the moment getting your own bay is almost impossible.

Did the gate problem annoy anyone else?

It was quite bizarre. Very explicit instructions at the start of the season and then all closed on Saturday, with some poor kid telling all cars to go back towards Tesco. Very strange.

Since Police Scotland blocked the slip exit to A9, the car park has been chaos. Not great for disabled fans.

A complete shambles. It took me over half an hour to get to the ground from the Dunkeld Road. This was apparently partly caused by people having to turn because they could not enter the east gate, having passed the main entrance.

When I eventually got in the entrance to my row was blocked off, so drove along the bottom of the car park to the east side, found it also blocked by bollards. I then left my car in an unmarked space. Missed the start of the match and just got in for Thistles' goal.

I asked a steward why the gate was closed and he said it was to do with the construction company that are building the new road. I don't know if the construction company are using the space between the training area and the crematorium for parking their machinery and need access.

At the end of the game you were able to exit the east gate. What will the arrangements be for the Kilmarnock match?

I got the impression from the steward that the decision  to close the access was at the last minute. 

OR   is this simply a squeeze to ensure everyone pays their car parking and scallywags who may have exploited the East Stand road have ruined it for everyone.  - Who gets permission to park in the training ground anyway- Im guessing its free parking in there.

My experience of the training ground parking is that it is an overflow. Dont worry you still get charged there.

Wish the police would open that gate onto the A9 again.

Spoke to the steward at the gate and the police on Saturday and was advised that this was a P&K council decision as they had concerns over safety! However what it seems is that Saints and the stewards  earlier in the week said work on the new road behind the North Stand couldn't go on during match day for safety concerns. P&K Council took the hump, threw their toys out of the pram and at the last minute decided to site their own safety concerns about Saints using this entrance for cars as there was meant to be 'construction' work going on in the area next to this entrance but as we saw there was feck all being done.

If so, the Council really are a shower of t******* who have been nothing but a pain in the a**** over this whole matter from the outset.  At least it is election time soon and we can perhaps get some cooncillors who are actually interested in doing something for Perth , to help Saints and other local businesses and residents of P&K because this sorry lot are absolutely no use at all.  

The fact that this is the top topic on the forum and there's no thread for the game this weekend really sums up WAP these days.

Well said. I come on this site to read about squad news, rumours, TW to rangers, new signings BUT oh no.....

We really deserve our "fermers" and "tractor boys" tag as we whine about car park access. Anyone remember about trudging through the sodden blaize at Florence Place ?? Nobody moaned.

I really think we should try 3-5-2 as I have great faith in Beast and Foster as wing backs with energy.

Edited by AthensSaint

The fact that this is the top topic on the forum and there's no thread for the game this weekend really sums up WAP these days.

Don't read threads like this then if you are upset by them.  Start a thread on the game if there isn't one.  Post stuff about the team.  Help make WAP what you want it to be instead of moaning about it.

Take a flask of tea/coffee/soup.

Wrap some sandwiches in tinfoil.

Leave them in the car for after the match. 

Listen to radio/music.

You're welcome.

It's easy to make flippant comments about what would seem a fairly mundane issue but if you are travelling to McD and rely on stadium parking let me assure you poor organisation for the paying public gets right on your wires!

Do I really want to drive for an hour to watch my team - no problem, that's my team - do I want to sit in tail backs or be diverted to an area of Perth I have no reason to go to- No!

It's all about the match day experience and making fans feel they are valued and hopefully catered for - if not they will sit in the house and listen to the Radio or watch the box - we need all the fans we can get and we don't want to piss off the ones we have.

It's easy to make flippant comments about what would seem a fairly mundane issue but if you are travelling to McD and rely on stadium parking let me assure you poor organisation for the paying public gets right on your wires!

Do I really want to drive for an hour to watch my team - no problem, that's my team - do I want to sit in tail backs or be diverted to an area of Perth I have no reason to go to- No!

It's all about the match day experience and making fans feel they are valued and hopefully catered for - if not they will sit in the house and listen to the Radio or watch the box - we need all the fans we can get and we don't want to piss off the ones we have.

Sums up why I started this thread. I need to drive to the match so this is important to me. Glad I am not the only one annoyed by this that could have been avoided and handled better.

Not a cheap on the Saints site.

Sums up why I started this thread. I need to drive to the match so this is important to me. Glad I am not the only one annoyed by this that could have been avoided and handled better.

Not a cheap on the Saints site.

Has anyone actually bothered contacting the SLO or the Club?

I contacted Bev about an issue over disabled parking for my father and had a response within 30 minutes and got it sorted. Great service.

Has anyone actually bothered contacting the SLO or the Club?

I contacted Bev about an issue over disabled parking for my father and had a response within 30 minutes and got it sorted. Great service.

Pleased to say I have had a very nice email from the club SLO

I can only apologise for the inconvenience of the east gate being closed to vehicles pre-match last Saturday and  for any confusion caused by the lack of communication on our part.  The gate had to be closed at very short notice for operational reasons.  Going forward we do not expect it to be a regular occurrence but cannot guarantee occasional closures due to the ongoing construction of the new road.  However, we will endeavour to communicate any future closures in advance via our social media etc

Should you have any other queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Beverly

Guest ScottMann

I find it hard to believe that any part of the new road construction that involved using McDiarmid in any way would be allowed to be carried out when Saints have a first team game on.