St Johnstone v Killmarnock 25/02/2017 Saints Day

garydavidson

That was awful. For the very first time  since we moved to McD I went early. A full 20 minutes.  I love Saints, but today I simply could not stomach  any more. It's not losing that does, it but the manner in which we lost. I cannae even be ****ed  ranting. Something is broken when we play at home and the  manager and his assistants  plus the players  need to address it.

I'm done for today

Tommy Wright got that massively wrong today but to throne and loyal to players rather than changing it.

chance to put pressure on the teams above today  but slow out of the traps  ponderous, poor passing, balls behind or short or over hit and always bouncing.

First goal a joke ando with terrible pass back,  zander makes a hash of it. great finish though  

Millar is done. He also needs to admit it. Total passenger in games.  

Easton not a left midfielder. Had no clue what he was doing. 

Give players who play in these positions a chance rather than play your favourites out of position. Couldn't be any wors than that embarrassment  today. 

3rd. Third rate!

Yet again in a good position and Tommy makes a complete hash of lineup and formation, this is happening way to often.

Make no mistake we had the 'squad' to play our normal formation yet we completely overall the team fitting square pegs in round holes. If the players in the squad are not deemed good enough to fill in, in their normal positions why the hell are we paying them a wage!?!

Absolutely no need to be playing this formation, none. 

Utter shambles, how many important games is Tommy going to cost us... Maybe he doesn't want to catch rangers. 

****in disgrace of a first half of football, not one person knows what they should be doing out there... And I suspect no one in the dugout knows either! 

That sums it up. Played a bit better when we went 4 at back but too late.

Thomson gave us something & got a few decent crosses in but too late.

Mecca was bossed by centre half's all game & not for first time but Tommy never saw it or changed it. Maybe his mind is elsewhere.

I echo what a few have already stated on this thread, that Tommy got it wrong and not for the first time with his constant changing of the team! It always seems we come off a good result looking to stick with a winning team and either players are dropped or formations changed, sometimes both!

Although we did have injuries and a suspension to deal with it offers no excuse for the lacklustre start today at home and many others, where we fail to press from the start. Behind the scenes the club have and should be applauded for their efforts in promoting the matches, but how can they expect to build the fanbase when performances such as today constantly let us down!  

Very poor today, first 30 minutes we couldn't keep the ball,too many off form to have any chance,I'd have changed to 4-4-2 early doors, with Coulson or wee midge on for Beast or Scobbie. For all Kanos winner last week,he never made contact with a handful of chances, and Macca wasn't any better.

Very poor today, first 30 minutes we couldn't keep the ball,too many off form to have any chance,I'd have changed to 4-4-2 early doors, with Coulson or wee midge on for Beast or Scobbie. For all Kanos winner last week,he never made contact with a handful of chances, and Macca wasn't any better.

Terrific strike last week, but if we are all being honest Chris is a mid-table Championship striker.

So disappointing that with the extra incentive today of setting up the opportunity to do something special on Wednesday, we produce that performance. And it's not even like it's a one-off, although that was arguably the worst of the lot at home this season.

The players didn't look comfortable with the system but that only excuses them so far as the basics were sadly lacking as well, ably demonstrated by Anderson at the first goal. I have some sympathy for Clark but when you add in the second, it was a really poor afternoon for him. Anderson's pass was lazy, a word that aptly sums up the performance. No graft, no tempo, no invention, no concentration. They are just the first words that come to mind but there was plenty else lacking on top.

It needs to start with the defence at home. Teams like Killie used to come to Perth a few years ago and not get a sniff but we are making it too easy for them now. That doesn't excuse the midfield or attack though, we were rotten right across the pitch today. Last week should have been a boost to the confidence of the likes of Alston and Kane but they had shockers and Wotherspoon was off it from the first whistle. Not sure I've seen Millar caught in possession so much. Could criticise every player though.

So disappointing.

Behind the scenes the club have and should be applauded for their efforts in promoting the matches, but how can they expect to build the fanbase when performances such as today constantly let us down!  

No number of face painters, green screens or indeed free tickets will lure families in if what we saw today is served up. Players slipping on their arses for 90 mins and shanking crosses out of play isn't entertaining. We need to get it right at home for reasons more than just having a successful season. The away form and some of the performances are great but you have a core of maybe 300-400 seeing that, being generous. For 2,000 fans, what they've been served up this season can't have been enjoyable.

Blame sits squarely at Tommy.

Why unsettle a back 4?!  Foster didn't need to play midfield.  His error picking the team.  You play your best players in their best position. 

Awful.  I'm not enjoying our home games this season... terrible entertainment again.. Try get fans in, but really making a right ar$e of making them to return.

What a waste of money and time that was. Bored $hitless... That looked like a relegation team today!

Edited by Dave H