Video Ref

Saintdunc

Went to AZ Alkmaar v Cambuur last night in only my 2nd game since coming here.  In the 90th minute AZ scored the 'winner' only for the video referee to overturn the decision, of the match ref to award the goal, because of a foul on the goalkeeper. The crowd were kept informed during the process which only took a few seconds to deliver. Obviously one set of fans and players were a tad upset by this but it proves that, like in the egg chasing game, it can be used to good effect.  Alkmaar went on to win in the penalty shoot out despite being reduced to 10 men.  10 men win football match.....shock.... horror......that is another story though!!

Video refs. What is your opinion?

Went to AZ Alkmaar v Cambuur last night in only my 2nd game since coming here.  In the 90th minute AZ scored the 'winner' only for the video referee to overturn the decision, of the match ref to award the goal, because of a foul on the goalkeeper. The crowd were kept informed during the process which only took a few seconds to deliver. Obviously one set of fans and players were a tad upset by this but it proves that, like in the egg chasing game, it can be used to good effect.  Alkmaar went on to win in the penalty shoot out despite being reduced to 10 men.  10 men win football match.....shock.... horror......that is another story though!!

Video refs. What is your opinion?

All for it

Yep, for it, used very impressively in the egg tossing. I think in bigger stadia with screens it works particularly well, as the crowd can themselves see what has happened in slow motion. In smaller stadium, it could cause problems as the decision will appear to be being made by one guy in secret, but even then folk have the opportunity to review it later on the tele. Obviously the game has to be televised, from several angles, and there is another official plus maybe a tech to be paid for, so presumably in Scotland it could only be used in the top league? That raises the problem of different rules for different games. 

money is the major issue in  scotland.

goal line technology and offsides are a definite for me, as for pens and reds etc im not so sure you have a few guys on sportscene/motd who have seen all the slow mo replays and still cant agree, 

i thought keirnans red was blatant as he went right through the back of cummins but everyone on the clyde phone in thought it was yellow and no doubt they will win the appeal