Run in for Europe

Havana Saint

Last yrs payments were euros 215,000 rd 1, 225k rd 2, 235k rd 3 and 245k if eliminated at play off round.

Decent draw and this could be a big earner for saints.Hopefully at least 1 round without having to hire a private plane.

Add takings  from each home game of in excess of 100 k Hopefully TW will be able to make some decent signings.

Last yrs payments were euros 215,000 rd 1, 225k rd 2, 235k rd 3 and 245k if eliminated at play off round.

Decent draw and this could be a big earner for saints.Hopefully at least 1 round without having to hire a private plane.

Add takings  from each home game of in excess of 100 k Hopefully TW will be able to make some decent signings.

What are the financial implications of missing the league cup group stage? Presumably a bit of gate money - not huge crowds generally, but I think there were some games on telly, and there's usually a bit of interest in our first competitive games of the season. Will Saints miss our or is there a distribution mechanism that ensures there isn't a loss?

What are the financial implications of missing the league cup group stage? Presumably a bit of gate money - not huge crowds generally, but I think there were some games on telly, and there's usually a bit of interest in our first competitive games of the season. Will Saints miss our or is there a distribution mechanism that ensures there isn't a loss?

I think on balance and all things considered I would rather be in Europe!

Missing 2 free games on season ticket.

Table update:

There were some surprising changes in First Qualifying Round but we remain in seeded group.  Also, we will be at favored side of the draw in Round 2 and unseeded in possible Rounds 3 and 4.

EuroTrivia about possible first round opponents coming soon.

round 1.png

round 2.png

I thought it was going to be regionalised. Can you break it down further.

Here is a table showing pots for all 4 qualyfing rounds according to current situation in european leagues. It is subject to change.

We are certainly seeded in Round 1 and unseeded in possible Rounds 3 and 4. Only uncertainty is about round 2. For now we are seeded team, 5 rows above the line and will need to cheer for teams below us to finish at their respective places in order to stay at favored side of the draw. The draw will take place on June 19.

1nun0RNs2.png

Thought I would bump this.

I thought it was going to be regionalised. Can you break it down further.

Thought I would bump this.

Pregroups of 5 seeded and 5 unseeded teams are announced one hour before the draw begins. Until recently UEFA assigned it based on regional formula because of teams travel cost, but it changed couple of years ago and no one really knows formula how computer assign groups right now or is there any at all (excluding forbidden matchups between teams from Spain-Gibraltar, Russia-Georgia, Armenia-Azerbaijan, Serbia&BIH-Kos...)

We can only look back and see potential opponents of scottish teams in earlier years:

2016/17 Pregroups (Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibernian in EL)

Teams from Austria, Israel, Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Denmark, Latvia, Ireland, Estonia, Wales, Hungary, Norway, Luxembourg, Iceland, Finland, Belarus, Croatia, Sweden, Malta, Poland, Bulgaria.

2015/16 Pregroups (WE, Aberdeen, Inverness in EL)

Teams from Albania, Cyprus, Armenia, Island, Latvia, Czech, Norway, Macedonia, Wales, Finland, Croatia, England, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Slovakia, Poland, Romania

So as you can see, we could get opponents from all around Europe.

Edited by One Stand