Run in for Europe

Havana Saint

EuroTrivia: Episode 2 

Breaking down possible Saints opponents in Europe, 5 teams from 1st Qualifying round per episode. Next five teams coming from: small industrial towns in Slovakia and Luxembourg, capital of Estonia and one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe, popular ''rebel city'' of Ireland and ''tobacco city'' of Moldova.

eb1evtPhl.png

Full final list of potential opponents and seeding in all 4 rounds. Saints are seeded in rounds 1 and 2; and unseeded in potential rounds 3 and 4. The draw for both 1st and 2nd qualifying round will take place on June 19th.

In round 2 I think we would like to avoid: Kairat, Norrkoping, Bnei Yehoda, Levski, Jagiellonia and even Valleta, Reykjavik.

eP6YPMUei.png

Draw explanation by Kassiesa

In the qualifying rounds the teams are divided into groups with the same number of seeded and unseeded teams. A few hours before the draw a computer system is used to prepare the groups such that teams of the same association are not in the same group and and that all groups are about equal strength (in terms of ranking). Then all clubs in each group are ordered randomly and identified by a number. The draw then determines the pairs in the groups.
For the draw of the 1st round the 100 teams are divided into 10 groups of 10 teams.
For the 2nd round the 66 teams are divided into 3 groups of 10 teams and 3 groups of 12 teams.

Unseeded teams in the 1st qualifying round that qualify for the next round take effectively the coefficient of their opponent in the next round. The reason for this is that the draw for the 2nd qualifying round is made before the results of the 1st qualifying round are known.

Edited by One Stand

How come a brand new club with no history in European football are seeded in round one ?

SFA say they are the same team as Rangers FC.

As you can see on the list,they are on THE Rangers.

Edited by Cagey

i presume if we pump the likes of galatasaray in rd 3 then we take there seeding for rd4?

there would probably be more eses fans at the away tie than saints fans- would love that draw

No its only the 2nd round that happens because the draw for the 1st and 2nd round are at the same time. The draw for the other rounds are made after the ties so we would be not be seeded in the playoff as well if we got there

Like ss said the draw for the 4th round is made after the ties. 

But, the draw for 3rd round is between 1st and 2nd fixtures so potential unseeded teams in the 2nd qualifying round that qualify for the next round take effectively the coefficient of their opponent in the next round. That however doesn't really matter for us because we are already seeded in 2nd round and unseeded in 3rd. But if for example someone kick out Galatasaray in 2nd round that club will be seeded in 3rd.

Edited by One Stand

since they now know everyone who's in the first two rounds, why do they have to wait until the 19th to make the draw, giving so little time to make arrangements for travel. Could they not just draw it now. The suspense is killing me.

Draw gets fixed behind close doors.each club  has until the 19th to bribe the football authorities of there preferences should they so wish.allegedly.

since they now know everyone who's in the first two rounds, why do they have to wait until the 19th to make the draw, giving so little time to make arrangements for travel. Could they not just draw it now. The suspense is killing me.

Also they are waiting for a reply from rod Stewart to do the draw.hes no sobered up  since the last time he did a draw.

Officialy, UEFA need to review each club European licence previously issued by national football association, based on financial fair-play. Then, they send admission letter (like this) to club address a couple of days before the draw and publish official access list. After that, a week before the match teams send A and B squad list.

Edited by One Stand

i presume if we pump the likes of galatasaray in rd 3 then we take there seeding for rd4?

there would probably be more eses fans at the away tie than saints fans- would love that draw

I love your confidence "i presume if we pump the likes of galatasaray" is one of the funniest lines I've seen on this forum.

C'mon the Saints

EuroTrivia: Episode 3 

Breaking down possible Saints opponents in Europe, in this episode 5 teams from potential 2nd Qualifying round because the draw will be held on the same day. Somewhat historically successful teams will be unseeded in this round, including our old foes Zeljeznicar.

fD7HRKlGk.png

Edited by One Stand