Saints v Dundee - 11/03/17

ex-montrosesaintee

OK, everyone else has given up, so I'll start the thread.

Surely time to stop the rot.  I hope a free weekend has given our squad time to ponder our appalling home form.  What better time to turn things around than against Dundee.

Clark

Foster Ando Joe BEaston

Wotherspoon Muzz Millar Swanson

Alston

MacLean 

OK, everyone else has given up, so I'll start the thread.

Surely time to stop the rot.  I hope a free weekend has given our squad time to ponder our appalling home form.  What better time to turn things around than against Dundee.

Clark

Foster Ando Joe BEaston

Wotherspoon Muzz Millar Swanson

Alston

MacLean 

Like that team but I've heard Muzz and Ando are struggling. Any update?

Like that team but I've heard Muzz and Ando are struggling. Any update?

Unofficial Twitter said a few days ago that Ando and Millar are doubts, but Muzz isnt being ruled out.

We've struggled against Dundee this season, and they've hit a patch of form. I've a really bad feeling about this game, going 1-0 down would see the fans turn on the team and that never ends well. 

First goal, as always, will decide the result. 

this is one of those games - there's usually a couple per season - where my natural pessimism kicks in and I think "this is where it all starts to go wrong and the great run of the past few years falters". Not confident at all about this, and predict a defeat by a couple of goals, so let's pray to god my prediction skills are at their usual level...

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/pre-match-skill-challenges-all-weather-pitch

Pre-match skills challenge before the match. My kid will love this and I dare say I'll be having a go at the crossbar challenge.

As for the match a win of any fashion will be greatly received. Me and my lad have only been to home games this season so have had our fair share of poor performances but I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win. Think we'll need to play Haber out of the game or he'll cause us problems. 

My team line up would be this

Clark

Foster - Watson - Joe - Easton

Alston - Muzz - Craig - Swanson

McLean - Cummins

This would be my line up regardless if Ando was fit, as I thought he has been poor recently since being rushed back from tonsillitis.

What I want..

Clark

Foster - Ando - Joe - Easton

Muzz - Millar

Wotherspoon - Alston - Swanson

Maclean

Let the three behind Macca rotate with each other and get forward in support of him, press high up the park with Muzz and Millar picking up the midfield scraps.

What we'll get..

Clark

Foster - Joe - Scobbie - Easton

Alston - Paton - Craig - Swanson

MacLean - Cummins

Central midfield wont cross the halfway line while the two front men struggle to do anything against Dundees back three, Alston will be subbed off after 65 minutes despite it looking like hes starting to create chances.