Saints v Dundee - 11/03/17

ex-montrosesaintee

Miguel Simao was an absolute gent today.

Normally ex players visit directors / hospitality etc brief appearance on touch line and that's it.

Miguel was at the Super J s, Main Stand, watched game from the East, happily posed for photos, chatted to folk, mover over nearer the FCU lads in second half, obviously enjoying his day.

In return he got a great reception.

Guest ScottMann

Miguel Simao was an absolute gent today.

Normally ex players visit directors / hospitality etc brief appearance on touch line and that's it.

Miguel was at the Super J s, Main Stand, watched game from the East, happily posed for photos, chatted to folk, mover over nearer the FCU lads in second half, obviously enjoying his day.

In return he got a great reception.

That's great. Given we were just one of the numerous clubs he played for I didn't think we'd ever be near McDiarmid again. Good on him.

What I want..

Clark

Foster - Ando - Joe - Easton

Muzz - Millar

Wotherspoon - Alston - Swanson

Maclean

Let the three behind Macca rotate with each other and get forward in support of him, press high up the park with Muzz and Millar picking up the midfield scraps.

What we'll get..

Clark

Foster - Joe - Scobbie - Easton

Alston - Paton - Craig - Swanson

MacLean - Cummins

Central midfield wont cross the halfway line while the two front men struggle to do anything against Dundees back three, Alston will be subbed off after 65 minutes despite it looking like hes starting to create chances.

Minter.

along with your post on p&b about Paton and Craig not being able to play together.

minter.

I know they're different players but a couple of us were contrasting the performances of Danny and Liam. The former tended to stay in the one place and not track back or make forward runs, while the latter was everywhere, covering where needed and getting forward. Good to see Liam's experience and effort contributing to the win. Danny wasn't at his best from the start, losing possession on his first two touches.

I know they're different players but a couple of us were contrasting the performances of Danny and Liam. The former tended to stay in the one place and not track back or make forward runs, while the latter was everywhere, covering where needed and getting forward. Good to see Liam's experience and effort contributing to the win. Danny wasn't at his best from the start, losing possession on his first two touches.

Agreed. Liam gave everything today & was fecked near the end.

Danny is now wanting that extra touch. Early in the season he was acting for fun & shooting on site.

Danny faded and gave up too easily - he's a talented player but too often is making the wrong decision and losing possession. And he doesn't track back or cover the way Liam, Paton or even Alston does.

Couple of times in the 2nd half when it happened Liam gave him an earful. Makes you wonder about how his going public re the contract situation has affected his relationship with the other players in the dressing-room.

Great tempo from the start which won us the game.  Great attitude and really pleasing to see so many play well.  No game last weekend looks to have recharged the players we have available.  I think that was Zander's most quietest games... Long may that continue.

Zippy dominated up top. Great shift. Alston and Paton mybstand outs in midfield. Great defensive unit performance. Macca masterful. Craig and Swanson playing well.  All knitted into a dominant win.

Happy days. Turned up today not expecting much and turns into one of the best home performances this season.  Where have you been all season at home!

Edited by Dave H

Well that was definitely what was required. The team line-up wasn't too inspiring and I was more than happy to be proved wrong.

Paton and Craig were great today showing lots of energy and snapping in to challenges preventing the Dundee midfield getting the ball down.

Joe was superb at right centre back today, good vision for the first goal.

Easton was tremendous and as said above drove the team forward.

I would have given one of the young strikers a chance later on when Cummins had given up chasing down loose balls

Now that is how I like my fitba. Great performance by Saints today. It had everything you'd want from your team in a local derby. Passion, fight, energy, shit loads of energy. A fabulous tempo ( for most of the game). Some outstanding performances. Liam Craig is a player who really knows what a game like this means to the fans. He got stuck right in. Alston was superb. And then we have Paul Paton. What a performance from the boy. Fought like a tiger for every ball, harried th...e hapless Dees whenever they had the ball. Tenacious and then some. Capped it with a brave headed goal The back four were outstanding and the keeper when he was called upon made a great reaction save. Even Cummings had a decent game although how he missed that back post header early on only god knows. My cat could have scored that ( if I had a cat). Macca was Macca. Did some good stuff, was a bit nippy at times and a bit stupid at times. Wee Danny though looks so off the pace and low it's unbelievable. Should have been more, a lot more but a great 3 points. ( I think maybe Tommy had 2-0 Saints on his coupon as we reverted to the usual in the last 20 minutes and sat deep and had no intention of trying to kill the game with a third) Dundee we shit. The crowd was shit. Finally, the referee, Shugs laddie. ****ing clueless ( for both sides) He actually grinned at me when I roared " you're a ****ing embarrassment" Nae wonder at £800 plus for a game. He's laughing all the way to the bank. At least d*** Turpin wore a mask. Wage thieving b******. COYS