Accies away!

rik2304

Still raging at those two letting the fans, teammates, manager and club down so badly. Obviously something was said or has been brewing for a while between them. In Danny's case I think that his mental health issues are one of the reasons why he has reacted, probably hasn't been in the right state of mind to play over the past weeks and should have been honest enough to tell Tommy that. The other point re him is the question of contracts, in this area his agent has probably been giving him the bullets to fire, filling his head with likely scenarios. Very disappointed in him and had hoped that at Saints he would have realised he had a club that would understand/support his issues and that he would normally be a first pick for the team if his form is good. His wife seems to think Saints are a good fit so it's a pity him and his agent are thinking differently.

As to Foster , he is not blame free and should as a player know better.

I'm thinking the two of them have maybe cost us 3 points today, the final position may say how much prize money that is...if it ends up making a difference.

For now they will both be suspended up to the split. I think the club should be fining them the maximum and making the two of them do more community work.... maybe that will remind them who ultimately pays their wages. Done that in any other line of work in front of your paymasters you would be sacked on the spot for gross misconduct.

Wright could come down hard on Saints pair

FT: Hamilton Academical 1-0 St Johnstone

Posted at17:15

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright  has spoken to BBC Scotland about the brawl between Danny Swanson and Richard Foster that led to both his players being sent off at half-time.

"I didn't see as I was halfway down in the tunnel," he said.

"If what is alleged to have happened, we will come down hard on both players, but I am not going to comment.

"The players have been told in front of the whole team that they have let the team down.

"We should have been celebrating making the top six today.

"They will get a fair investigation, but I have warned them that the hardest punishment I can legally do, I will do it if what has alleged to have happened has happened.

"I don't know why Hamilton got involved in it. It was nothing to do with them."

Edited by garydavidson

I know everyone is angry, but best not to talk about mental health issues in this context, eh? Mon, guys.

My comments weren't meant to be derogatory or mocking, I was trying to make the point that perhaps some issues /reaction today arose through someone not being in the best place to deal with them. That aside it was sad to see the brawl and ensuing outcome. I am sure that TW and the club will sit down and look at the situation when the heat has cooled down. They will be the ones who will be able to ask questions and get the facts. Sore lesson for all concerned . 

Sky Sports News have showed a brief altercation between Danny and Richard before halftime, which looks to be the basis for their fight. Tommy finger pointing right at them. Before cutting off for the adverts, the reporter was saying they'd show it on it in after. Switch over now to see it.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Still raging at those two letting the fans, teammates, manager and club down so badly. Obviously something was said or has been brewing for a while between them. In Danny's case I think that his mental health issues are one of the reasons why he has reacted, probably hasn't been in the right state of mind to play over the past weeks and should have been honest enough to tell Tommy that. The other point re him is the question of contracts, in this area his agent has probably been giving him the bullets to fire, filling his head with likely scenarios. Very disappointed in him and had hoped that at Saints he would have realised he had a club that would understand/support his issues and that he would normally be a first pick for the team if his form is good. His wife seems to think Saints are a good fit so it's a pity him and his agent are thinking differently.

As to Foster , he is not blame free and should as a player know 

EDIT: SSN cameras missed the incident, panned around straight afterwards which shows Blair Alston holding a furious Richard Foster back as Tommy storms out to shout at him.

Tommy said he didn't see the incident as he was halfway up the tunnel.

Guest ScottMann

Just seen the goal. It looked a bad one to lose with so many players in the box.

On the positive side I take it Clive must have done well given he hasn't been mentioned. I hope so anyway.

Think we all need to keep the head. Swanson wants to leave Saints anyway so a 2 week wages fine will do. Foster a fine too and hopefully a grovelling apology, then we can move on. RF has been a fine addition to the squad  & obviously happy to stay at Saints. Top 6 secured & if we get at least a draw with Hearts on Wed all is still Rosie!

Simple solution, fine both of them 2 weeks wages, give the proceeds to cover supporters busses for next few away games.

Bring both players in tomorrow, sit them down to talk it out and then get them doing laps of the pitch. Depending on how that goes, make light of it on Monday in front of the rest of the players and have a sumo costume fight or nerf battle in the gym with the looser buying pints or something.

A lot of what saints are about is being a tight knit club. Cannot allow things like this to fester and pollute the mood in the dressing room.

Both been very stupid by all accounts, but the reactions can determine how this season pans out.

EDIT: SSN cameras missed the incident, panned around straight afterwards which shows Blair Alston holding a furious Richard Foster back as Tommy storms out to shout at him.

Tommy said he didn't see the incident as he was halfway up the tunnel.

Duplicate. Only way to get rid of it.

Edited by Cagey