Accies away!

rik2304

Graham Spiers on Sportsound saying he was at the game and saw Foster and Swanson having words a few times during the 1st half as indeed has been said on here.  Spiers, however, is alleging that the issue was Foster complaining that Swanson was not tracking back enough when Hamilton were on the attack.  He thinks this "debate" carried on after the whistle and then something was said which sparked off the fisticuffs.  He does claim that it was Foster who started the physical stuff which implies that it was Swanson who said something fairly explosive.

Spiers is usually one of the more sensible pundits but I would defer to the views of any Saintees who were present.  Any comments?

Got to wonder what niggle Paton has with Accies... As Accies seemed determined to get him to react and also see red.

I don't think he has any problem with them in general. He seemed to, correctly, take umbrage to the Accies staff trying their hardest to get his team mates sent off. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if their half time team talk consisted of them deciding to target Paton they way they've spoken about wanting to Foster and Swanson sent off. 

Don't want to wildly speculate, but one possible reason for the lack of footage is that the police have it and have asked for it to not be shown in the meantime. Handbags is one thing, kicking a guy on the ground in the head - IF it happened - is another. There is precedent for criminal charges arising from violence during a game.

I heard the price of offshore Haddock is wildly fluctuating.! Could you confirm if this is true.!? As there seems to be no "Poundage" available.!

All the fighting talk has taken away how poor the goal was to lose .

3 saints players give the accies time in the 6yd box to take a touch then shoot as it's passed into him

Would never blame the players left on the pitch for that goal considering the amount of work they had put in. If Hamilton were any kind of team they'd have scored well before then. Shite team, shite fans, shite stadium, shite hole.

All the fighting talk has taken away how poor the goal was to lose .

3 saints players give the accies time in the 6yd box to take a touch then shoot as it's passed into him

I think the players themselves knew that it was a bad goal to lose. Paton gambles that the ball is going to be cut back towards the edge of the 18 yard box and comes out to cut it out leaving the goalscorer between the 2 defenders. Suspect they were shattered both mentally and physical by that time.

Will be interesting to see how the club choses to punish the players. However, if you move away from the fantasy world of football if any of you or I had a full blown brawl at work especially in front of customers we would be sacked on the spot.

I suspect a heavy fine and a public apology will be the result but they should be on last warnings the pair of them.

Just checked iplayer and the radio commentary is also not available.  I swear that the commentators said they were watching the video footage back.  If no such footage exists then they were making it up to sensationalise things.  Typical BBC.

Yeah they did, I was listening to it and Chick Young was saying he was watching it back to see what ignited it and described what he saw. Something along the lines of Foster pointing at Swanson then pointing at the tunnel. Then he threw a punch at swanson but slipped and then swanson kicked him in the face. From what I can remember hearing on the radio.

Yeah they did, I was listening to it and Chick Young was saying he was watching it back to see what ignited it and described what he saw. Something along the lines of Foster pointing at Swanson then pointing at the tunnel. Then he threw a punch at swanson but slipped and then swanson kicked him in the face. From what I can remember hearing on the radio.

You remember correctly, that's exactly what was said.

Alan Preston was going mad about it at the game, but also all the other pundits at the other grounds were commenting on it, having "watched it back again", so there must be footage somewhere.

Unless someone in the Saints camp got hold of it and taped over it. Perhaps with an Amy McDonald video or something, who knows.

Alan Preston was going mad about it at the game, but also all the other pundits at the other grounds were commenting on it, having "watched it back again", so there must be footage somewhere.

Unless someone in the Saints camp got hold of it and taped over it. Perhaps with an Amy McDonald video or something, who knows.

It's not necessarily BBC footage they would have seen - it's more likely they've looked over the shoulder of the Accies video guys.

Tommy is reported in today's Courier as saying "he won't  be papering over the cracks"

Oh, apologies. "Won't be sweeping it under the carpet":wink:

I can't in reality see how TW can justify keeping either at the club now. There hasn't been a club I can think of over the years who has kept a player who has been involved in a fight or assaulted a team-mate. History shows they're all moved on, sacked PDQ , Hartson, Barton etc. Pro football players have passion, bear grudges, niggle and have bite about them, this would fester between the two and could boil over again at any point. TW and club cannot take that chance. Sad as both do a job and are talented players for us. 

Edited by sainties sheep

Without meaning to trivialize a very serious situation within the club I would be pretty pissed off if RF left because of this because then I would be unable to ogle the rather lovely Amy McD from my seat in the East Stand when the match is getting boring.

Shes no lovely any more, she is bumming up The Rangers on the "lawro" prediction league on BBC website now. :laugh: