Accies away!

rik2304

Some of it was caught on camera.  What led to it happening wasn't though. 

TW has said the players were arguing throughout the first half due to frustration. Maybe theres been more going on between the two beforehand, but as of now, thats as much as I think we'll ever find out

Expected 3 points. Got none.  Typical.

Let's just hope that it's already sorted between the 2 muppets. Should be.

Can we appeal the red cards? So they can be available for Hearts game?  Internal investigation ought to be completed in 1 day.  Hefty fine... But put them both back in the starting 11 in front of the home fans, and let their performance be the public apology.

Then let them serve any suspensions if applicable.  Got to wonder on everyone's reaction on here... sacking... Could it be Accies pressuring the officials for reds?  How many people actually saw it... Maybe a handful in close proximity... Just thinking it wouldnt be the first time officials get something wrong..

I want em both to stay and I don't even like Swanson.  But 2 key players so far this season must remain to the end of the season.  They need to apologise with their performances to the end of the season!

I would always  veer towards second  chances we all f*ck up from time to time, not sure if TW will be quite so forgiving.  If Tommy s tenure at Saints was a game of Top Trumps, loads of players would score highly in loads of areas, but the strongest suit would be professionalism.  That is do your job........Give the guy in front a chance......don't put the guy behind in difficulties....like all football philosophies it genius is its simplicity.  What these to did is contrary to all the principles TW has instilled into his team.  A stupid pass? A rash challenge? Rush of adrenaline? Happens frequently, but a square go in tbe tunnel in front of the officials and media is way over the line. If this costs saints a league place/Europe and all associated bonuses(pretty crucial in saints recruitment strategy) because two of the biggest earners are missing for the run in, they have let eveyone down to such an extent tommy will nail them, and might well replace them, this is grounds for gross misconduct.

Edited by Smarmy Arab

Don't know how we were set up but if these 2 don't get on or were showing signs of getting upset with each other then they should have been on opposite sides of park. It is important that full back & winger work well together.

Swanson started off on left but then went more central playing in behind the striker. 

There was obviously a plan to change things at half time as the fitness coach was with Coulson and mitch warming up obviously this changed with the sending offs. 

There is no excuse for what happened but the fact that the Hamilton bench and players felt the need to get involved and in their managers words tell him they should be sent off leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Swanson started off on left but then went more central playing in behind the striker. 

There was obviously a plan to change things at half time as the fitness coach was with Coulson and mitch warming up obviously this changed with the sending offs. 

There is no excuse for what happened but the fact that the Hamilton bench and players felt the need to get involved and in their managers words tell him they should be sent off leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I would like Tommy to tell us what Imrie said to him to make him turn round to speak to ref.

Imrie got very vocal with ref after this & as I said earlier why were the red cards not shown on the park.

Hamilton's bench & players should not get off scot-free for their part in melee.

Didn't see the exact incident but saw the aftermath when both were being kept apart by others.

Leaves us 2 short for Wednesday. 

Why Hamilton wanted to get involved is beyond me.

Almost another set to at the end of the match, as McKinnon was trying to noise up Paton who looked like he wished to respond before being restrained.

On Open All Mics Chic Young was describing what he saw through live feed the BBC have. Presume Sportscene will pick it up then. That'll be a 20 game ban for both players after Jonathan Sunderland has had his hands on it. 

Sutherland was at the match for the BBC, so he'll no doubt have been the only person in the stadium who saw the whole thing, Canning aside.

TW has said the players were arguing throughout the first half due to frustration. Maybe theres been more going on between the two beforehand, but as of now, thats as much as I think we'll ever find out

Not like you to exaggerate things and misquote someone. What he said in the papers I have seen was there had been words during the half. That is totally different from arguing all the first half. 

Not like you to exaggerate things and misquote someone. What he said in the papers I have seen was there had been words during the half. That is totally different from arguing all the first half. 

Are you serious? Whats the difference between them "having words" and "arguing"?

I think it's natural that comparisons have been drawn to what happened with George O'Boyle and Kevin Thomas. I've seen fans say they have to go for the sake of the dressing room but in the case of the That Bar pair, sacking them seemed to cause more harm and I think the players stopped playing for Clark as they thought he hadn't stuck up for two of his players.

People will talk about the right thing to do but it's been a fight and little more, so the right thing to do is what is best for the club. There's no huge moral judgement to be made, as there was in 2001. Thistle have a player who kicked a prone opponent in the head and Dundee have a guy who has stuck the boot into a policeman going about his business. Saints are under no pressure or obligation to sack anyone here and there is no point in cutting off our nose to spite the face. If they are sacked it should be because it's what is best for the club, not because of some sort of misplaced moral code. Clearly the club need to come down hard on them but let's not harm ourselves unnecessarily in the process.

My take on incident is limited like many others because I didn't see what sparked it but did witness kicks and punches flying and for me, there was nothing contrived in Foster's subsequent reaction, he wanted back at Swanson. The stuff about Swanson aiming a kick at Foster's head seems exaggerated but no doubt the club will manage to establish what happened. Tommy Wright reported that they made up in the dressing room, which again makes me doubt that part of it.

The referee was left with little choice but the sight of the Accies management team sprinting onto the pitch to confront the referee was unedifying and not something I'd have expected to see if roles were reversed. They were the reason a mass brawl developed.

As for the game itself, it was a poor first half devoid of any quality. Accies were more purposeful but only by means of getting the ball forward at the earliest opportunity, rather than showing any ingenuity. I was expecting a similar second half...

Saints were fortunate that we had probably the nine players you'd pick for that situation on the pitch and it was a really good rearguard action they produced. Accies were incredibly disappointing though and made it noticeably easier for Saints than it should have been with their plodding approach. In terms of ending up with nine men, Saints should always be losing the match but the players on the park didn't deserve for it to be a late winner.

Special mention is reserved for Davidson who seemed to organise the whole shape of the team and led by example, Cummins who was playing about three positions and never stopped running, and Clive Smith, thrown on in horrible circumstances but who defended his side really well. Don't think he made it into the Accies half until injury time but that wasn't in his remit. Alan Mannus too backed up his performance at Motherwell and it'll be interesting to see what Tommy Wright does in goal now.

The one criticism I'd make is that, as said, we had the right players on the park and they'd done a good job of entrenching themselves. I didn't see the need for a change and as big a fan as I am of Chris Millar, he wasn't what we needed on the park. I thought he should have done better to stop the initial cross from the left for the goal. There's no way of knowing what would have happened if Craig was still on the park but I thought Wright made the wrong call there.

TW and MacKinnon had a tussle at the start of the second half when Hamilton came out they seemed to accidentally bump into one another so maybe Paton was still looking for a fight for his gaffer sake . 

Imrie was one of the first on the scene and pulled Swanson off I presume he was telling TW what had happened and they would be red carded. I do think the Ref did punish Hamilton for their " send them off antics" as Crawford, and the assistant manager were both cautioned.

I only saw like what most people saw the two of them being pulled apart, on my viewing the aggressor was Foster he was going mental and needed to be restrained, Swanson was walking away quiet sheepishly by then, Two minutes previously they had a verbal between them that looked to me over a punt up the park that Swanson had to chase into the corner what happened next we need to wait and see I am not sure many saw what happened to be honest as it was at the time ref blows whistle you move ,stand up then look to watch the players leave the field the actual fight must have been a swing by Foster a kick out by Swanson then everyone running around defo no real mass brawl as is reported in the press.

Think all the final decisions so far have been correct, I only hope this does not end up like the O Boyle saga as that certainly caused the downfall of that era and players were affected and took sides, so let the Team management, fellow players sort it out themselves not like the last time and employment lawyers and club chairmen making the decision.   

I would imagine Swanson is running around to sign what ever PC if has been offered one today though.