Saints v Hearts 5/4/17

ejksjfc

The highlights are on the BBC. Hearts came rather close to stealing a point at the end.

Also the highlights would seem to validate what RandomGuy was saying about the spitting incident. Really does look malicious although it was never going to hit the linesman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39426705

Great performance last night - closing down a pretty poor disjointed Hearts team at every turn. The team deserve great praise for the energy levels all night. I loved Paton's contribution he really has settled in to a great addition to the team and he is enjoying his time here.

There wasn't a bad performance in the side last night and I will continue to champion Cummins who just runs himself in to the ground. I'm convinced Liam was carrying a bit of extra timber earlier in the season and since he's shed this he looks much fitter  and sharper. My man of the match was Macca again, he links everything and is a great team leader.

Great to see the East stand pretty full last night - ( I sit in the West)  - the young team encourages the support and it really adds to the game experience for all. I wish we could adopt this for all games.

Not a bad player for us on the night - Paton for me was MOM. Hearts were God awful. I dont think Cathro will survive the Summer. 

Agree except I went for Big Brian.  Cathro is Levein's appointment and when did he last admit to making a mistake?  Be interesting to see what Ann Budge does, she has a great big spanking new stand to fill next season.

The main issue for Hearts is having an egotistical maniac looking over the managers shoulder at every turn. Not convinced Cathro would do well anyway, but with Levein behind him he really does stand no chance.

Huge result for us last night, great performance for the majority of the match. Could go through the team man for man as there were no failures, but special mentions to Clive Smith, who got caught out once or twice positionally but overall was assured and it's a credit to him that he came in to the team and wasn't a weak link and secondly to Scobbie, who has really shown his worth in the last couple of games. The fact that centre back is the position where we have the best youth prospects may go against him, but I'd be happy for him to get a new contract. Great servant to the club and evidently well liked around the dressing room. 

First 20 mins we sat back with Alston & Spoony deep & made them look good with us just punting the ball upfield. After that we played our own game & passed the ball well & bossed the game. If we had the confidence to do that we would win more than we lose.

... we do win more than we lose.... 

After a poor start, we were excellent last night. Considering the players missing from the starting line up ( Clark, Foster, Watson, Anderson, Millar, Davidson, Swanson and Kane) that was some effort, particularly considering that 8 of those players played 45 minutes against 11 men on Saturday. 

No failures last night and we deserved the victory. I wish we wouldn't sit in so much in the last few minutes though - Hearts very nearly grabbed a late equaliser they would have scarcely deserved because we were so negative towards the end of the game. 

We already win more than we lose.

Didn't phrase that very well did I ?.

Just think that with a more positive game plan at times we wouldn't be losing to likes of Partick & Killie at home.

At start of season though I would have bitten your hand off for top 6 & we have done that with games to spare.

Let's push on & get 3rd with full out attacking play even with just 11 fully fit player who have been a revelation.

Looking forward to seeing game again on Alba tomorrow.

The highlights are on the BBC. Hearts came rather close to stealing a point at the end.

Also the highlights would seem to validate what RandomGuy was saying about the spitting incident. Really does look malicious although it was never going to hit the linesman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39426705

Hearts NOT contesting red card.Frustration by a young gun but red was correct

The main issue for Hearts is having an egotistical maniac looking over the managers shoulder at every turn. Not convinced Cathro would do well anyway, but with Levein behind him he really does stand no chance.

Huge result for us last night, great performance for the majority of the match. Could go through the team man for man as there were no failures, but special mentions to Clive Smith, who got caught out once or twice positionally but overall was assured and it's a credit to him that he came in to the team and wasn't a weak link and secondly to Scobbie, who has really shown his worth in the last couple of games. The fact that centre back is the position where we have the best youth prospects may go against him, but I'd be happy for him to get a new contract. Great servant to the club and evidently well liked around the dressing room. 

Even the great unwashed have figured this out now.

Methinks they would love to have kept a manager who got them promoted out of the championship, had them 2-3 in the premier but couldnae beat Hibernian in the cup games.

Careful what ye wish for eh?