St. Johnstone v Aberdeen. Saturday 15th April 2017

AthensSaint

What a fantastic last fixture before the break. It is really important we have home advantage as Aberdeen are so strong just now. I can see a larger than normal crowd with hopefully a few more saintees coming along for this. I hope Aberdeen give The The a doing today and therefore land so much pressure on the neanderthals to finish third. We also have the issue of Swanson and Foster coming back in to contention, how dose Tommy approach that one considering we have had two wins out of two and two clean sheets when they were suspended. Plenty other issues with starting eleven. Manus or Zander, Smith or Foster, Anderson or Clark, Paton or Midge ??? It is great we have the majority of the squad ready to be considered. With The The having Kilmarnock at home, I think this has the potential to be a great game because we both really need the three points.          

The last three seasons have shown that once the pressure of making the top 6 is off and players have freedom to play, we produce out best football.  Very little to lose now, and everything to gain, so I am really hopeful of a great run in to the season end.

I think the Swanson and foster thing is behind us now. If Danny wants that big contract then he should make it his by driving us on to 3rd place with a return to form. The extra prize money and Europe would justify it perhaps.

3-1 saints. 

I think Foster and Swanson are still banned for this, maybe I've looked up the wrong suspension list though.

Cummins will be missing though, which adds a problem.

Do red cards not take effect immediately so would have thought it was only the next two games meaning they are available.

Big game 

Big Support

Why not on tv?

Mannus

Smith Joe Scobbie Easton

Paton Midge

Alston      Craig       Swanson

Macca

Why not on tv?    because the feckin old Squirm both have games available to tv companies obviously

Aberdeen had a lot of pressure without really looking threatening. Saints could easily replicate the game plan Rangers had today.  They sat and waited for the pressure to get to Aberdeen and the wing backs to start committing forward more often.

Pains me to say it but can't understand why rangers don't have Miller signed up.

Aberdeen will now be well up for this game.

Aberdeen had a lot of pressure without really looking threatening.

It's often been the other way about, and the Ibrox club have a lot of pressure in games without posing much threat. If it wasn't for the performances of that man Miller throughout much of this season they almost certainly wouldn't be in 3rd place.

Most definitely.

I don't think Rangers deserve the praise for any "game plan", tbh, they constantly left huge gaps behind their full backs, and only escaped due to Aberdeen never having the guts to take a shot/get more than one man in the box. A completely flukey bounce of the ball, followed by (yet another) sensational strike from Miller won them the game. Aberdeen just utterly lost the plot after that and their defence was literally all over the place, Logan in particular. 

We won't have the benefit of Aberdeen not getting numbers in the box. 

Cummins being out is a big loss, so we'll need huge games from MacLean and the midfield. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if we kept faith with the same team who've been playing so well lately tbh, but neither will I have a problem if Foster, Ando, Muzz and Swanson all come into the team.

Aberdeen had a lot of pressure without really looking threatening. Saints could easily replicate the game plan Rangers had today.  They sat and waited for the pressure to get to Aberdeen and the wing backs to start committing forward more often.

Pains me to say it but can't understand why rangers don't have Miller signed up.

Aberdeen are in a difficult spot right now. Their whole season could blow up their face in a two week span; defeat to us and then Hibs taking them out the cup would be a disaster for them.

I would be surprised to see them rest players for the semi but it would be the sensible option if any of their players are carrying knocks. The last team they want to be facing on Saturday is St.Johnstone. It's all there was us to take.

Over the past few seasons we have consistently been the best or one of the best teams after the split, being the only unbeaten team last year. A strong run this season in the same vain and a top 3 position is still achievable for us.

We are unbeaten 2 years running after the top 6 split.

A lot of pressure on Aberdeen, could easily have had a 15 point gap between themselves and Rangers and instead are now looking at it being potentially being reduced to 6 this weekend.

Edited by saintj

With Zippy banned I see the prodigal son Swanson returning alongside Macca.

Danny is due the fans so I would hope he'll be up for this match. Only issue I see is lack of height up front.

We started the season all these months back against Aberdeen and suspect this will be a similar game of attrition. 

If Muzz is fit, then Tommy might play him in an advanced midfield role behind Macca.  That was how we started against Celtic at McDiarmid. 

Didn't work though & he moved Spoony there & I thought he did ok but I think he will bring back Swanson.