St. Johnstone v Aberdeen. Saturday 15th April 2017

AthensSaint

Set up wrong but once changed we were much better

derserved a draw against average team who seemed

to get most fifty fifty decisions from the ref.

first 20 mins we gave them possession just like we did with Hearts,Rangers & Celtic. Why so defensive ,haven't we proved that if we go forward we can match anyone in this league.

I don't think Mannus had a save to make & maybe should have saved the first & told Tam to leave it for second.

Very frustrating as we had nothing to lose & never looked up for it first half.

We have done well this season but think we could get a little bit more entertaining football.

Alston was useless, Coulson created nothing and Tam's a bomb scare. Joe was a hit and miss - he plays better with a solid leader alongside him like Ando, but Tam just isn't that. Never matched them in the air either, could be doing with a physical goal scoring target man in midfield most definitely. Gonna be an interesting summer anyway.

In Tommy we trust

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Swanson deserved being booed...really? Actually if he deserved to be be booed then so did Foster as it took two to tango. Thought Danny did well and the Dons struggled to contain him. Spoony had a poor game & I would have hooked him. Much better performance in second half, think I would have played Clive as unknown handful for the Dons. Madden was infuriating, Saints deserved a point if not all three. PS from my seat in the West stand there was not any loud booing of Swanson

Felt sorry for Smith losing his place, but Foster, once again, was one of if not our top performer

Also felt sorry for Alston, but impressed that Tommy actually took action. Alston wasn't at the races and the introduction of Danny changed things positively for us

I heard no booing whatsoever in the East Stand

I thought Aberdeen were decidedly average today, so was extra disappointed we were slow out of the traps... two poor goals we gave away! After that we were always going to struggle. I think I would have played Swanson from the start.. the game certainly changed for the better when he came on.

Now we have secured top 6 TW should concentrate on his best team for next season.. 

Thought the lads had a great second half after a very poor first half, where we gave them far too much respect.

It seems to me that after every defeat there seems to many wanting to come on here and rip our players to shreds- a squad of players that are the FOURTH BEST in our nation.

The energy and fight in the second half will be shown In the next five games, we will come 4th and we will qualify for Europe. Let's enjoy it!

I actually thought Coulson played ok. Won a lot of headers and generally got stuck in

I also though Scobbie was ok. Joe had a few howlers too, but folk more eager to get on Tam's case

My feeling at the game was that Mannus has to be at fault for the second goal. The ball was in an area that he has to command, even if that meant wiping out Scobbie in the process. Want to see it on the telly box though

Paton was good again, once the team got going.

There were boos in the East stand when Swanson came on, guys were arguing about it.

Don't like Wotherspoon in the middle of the park, dunno why he was having a go at Scobbie on the final whistle either.

The game itself was all too familiar at home. Didn't bother playing until the 2nd half, left ourselves a mountain to climb. Didn't think Aberdeen were anything special other than some neat passing and felt they won due to us being pish more than anything. Thought Mannus coulda done better with both the goals but then so could most of the team.

I actually thought Coulson played ok. Won a lot of headers and generally got stuck in

I also though Scobbie was ok. Joe had a few howlers too, but folk more eager to get on Tam's case

My feeling at the game was that Mannus has to be at fault for the second goal. The ball was in an area that he has to command, even if that meant wiping out Scobbie in the process. Want to see it on the telly box though

Paton was good again, once the team got going.

I agree with all of that except I didn't think Coulson was contributing anything up to Alston going off. Guys round me thought Coulson off, but Alston had just taken a heavy knock?

I'd like to see it again, but I don't think there's really any way Mannus can come for that in front of Scobbie - it is whipped in with pace and not at any particular height. Scobbie isn't too far inside the front post and takes it no higher than waist height. Mannus has little opportunity to move towards it in the time it takes for the ball to get there.

And in any event it looked to me like there wasn't really anyone there to get on the end of it and I'd assume Mannus's intention was to take it on the bounce under little or no pressure just beyond Scobbie. Impossible to tell if Scobbie got a shout but if he doesn't stick a leg out Mannus almost certainly picks it up with little difficulty and the game goes on from there.

Stood of them far too much first half, when we keep the ball on the floor we are a good team and could have got a point, mannus still not commanding in the 6 yard box and the first half cost us, and maybe me but Coulston is a proposter and is just not gd enough 

Agree with that but not sure about Coulston comment. Not great but did ok. Thought Alston was chasing shadows until subbed but defending is not his game.

Tommy says he was bemused& we sat off them & gave them too much respect.FFS it is you that sets up the team & dictates how they play. We have been like that most games,even cup game against Patrick.

First goal usually decides games in this league but we don't start playing till we lose one.

Tommy says previously,this team loves defending. Can I just say I don't enjoy watching us defending. I would prefer to watch the second half than the first yesterday.

Absolutely pish. Taken us 40 minutes to press Aberdeen up the park and then we gave up on it straight after. An utterly average team being made to look good as every player is allowed five yards of space. 

Tactics are all to f**k, and no idea why Alston came off while Coulson, who's only touches take him five yards back the way, remains. 

Scobbie giving us a reminder of why he's third choice. Leaving aside that mental own goal he's losing headers to Shinnie and running into Shaughnessy. Proper clownshoes stuff. 

See my post from pre-match:

"...Anderson(Scobbie), Foster(Smith), Davidson(Paton) and Swanson(Coulson) all strengthen the starting 11.."

We were playing Aberdeen, and we are fighting for Europe. All the big guns should have been back in. Coulson is 3rd or 4th choice, Scobbie is 3rd or 4th choice..

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Yet again so slow out of the blocks, sat off Aberdeen and looked defensively pretty shaky before they scored. Much better second half. I do have kittens every time a cross comes in now as Mannus does not command his six yards box for me.

Never has done, the weakest part of his game, which opposition can exploit very well.

I'd like to see it again, but I don't think there's really any way Mannus can come for that in front of Scobbie - it is whipped in with pace and not at any particular height. Scobbie isn't too far inside the front post and takes it no higher than waist height. Mannus has little opportunity to move towards it in the time it takes for the ball to get there.

And in any event it looked to me like there wasn't really anyone there to get on the end of it and I'd assume Mannus's intention was to take it on the bounce under little or no pressure just beyond Scobbie. Impossible to tell if Scobbie got a shout but if he doesn't stick a leg out Mannus almost certainly picks it up with little difficulty and the game goes on from there.

I'm not so sure Jamie. Mannus looked on his heels to me and not ready to do anything

Folk sitting at opposite end of the East would see better than us I guess

See my post from pre-match:

"...Anderson(Scobbie), Foster(Smith), Davidson(Paton) and Swanson(Coulson) all strengthen the starting 11.."

We were playing Aberdeen, and we are fighting for Europe. All the big guns should have been back in. Coulson is 3rd or 4th choice, Scobbie is 3rd or 4th choice..

I thought Paton far outperformed Muzz yesterday. 

I thought Paton far outperformed Muzz yesterday. 

Me too.  I thought Muzz was poor yesterday.  I know it's his style but he just threw himself at everything and hoped for the best.  I can't really remember him winning a header - apart from one at waist height.  He just didn't get into the game.  Paton is getting right into the position, tough tackling and some decent passing.