Saints Exiles POTY Award - Season 2016-2017

AthensSaint

The Saints Exiles have up to Saturday 5th May to register their vote for our overseas POTY award.

Exiles we define as any saints supports living outside the borders of Scotland.

I will start the ball rolling by posting my vote to Zander Clark. To keep Alan Mannus out of the starting eleven just shows how good he is. He has a bit to learn but by far the best young goalkeeper in Scotland and should be called up to the Scotland squad to develop his strong potential.

We look forward to as many people participating as possible.

Think that the way Alan Mannus has returned to the first team deserves recognition so I am therefore undecided yet between him and Zander. If Mannus retains his place until 5th May then it will be an interesting choice.

I still think Mannus pushes too many shots out in front of his goal. A couple on Saturday required some great defensive concern to sweep up.

He has been terrific though in the last 3.5 games and shows we have two excellent goalies. Would be happy with either lining up which says it all.

Same praise must go for Tam Scobbie and Clive Smith too. We should be desperate for Ando and foster  to come back but the defence has arguably been as good if not better without.

Edited by Broon

do you exiles watch the games? Mannus has played 9 league matches and clive has played 2

No of course we don't watch any games. Most of us think we still play at Muirton Park and half of us can't remember where Perth is. Regardless, we still have great fun pretending that we love and support our team from afar. Hopefully that makes you feel better x

It looks like some people want to do a 1. 2.and 3. So that is good, 3 points for first, 2 points for second etc etc. If you want to give just one name, he we'll get 3 points. The deadline of the 5th May is because Ghostie at his own expense, needs to take our Exiles trophy to get engraved in time for the POTY evening. The Exiles POTY trophy was bought by contributions by us exiles nearly three years ago and with the help of our treasurer, StanleySaint. Similar to Steve McQueens prediction league, you can alter your vote up to the very last day. As the previous post the trophy went to Allan Mannus in 2015 and David Wotherspoon in 2016. Also it would be great to have an Exile be able to attend the POTY evening to present the trophy on our behalf so any volunteers either by PM or on this thread would be grateful. I think last year we had TeamWork Express do the honors. Last of all, please try and post as it is great fun seeing and registering that we have saintees on all continents and corners of the globe.

Edited by AthensSaint

It looks like some people want to do a 1. 2.and 3. So that is good, 3 points for first, 2 points for second etc etc. If you want to give just one name, he we'll get 3 points. The deadline of the 5th May is because Ghostie at his own expense, needs to take our Exiles trophy to get engraved in time for the POTY evening. The Exiles POTY trophy was bought by contributions by us exiles nearly three years ago and with the help of our treasurer, StanleySaint. Similar to Steve McQueens prediction league, you can alter your vote up to the very last day. As the previous post the trophy went to Allan Mannus in 2015 and David Wotherspoon in 2016. Also it would be great to have an Exile be able to attend the POTY evening to present the trophy on our behalf so any volunteers either by PM or on this thread would be grateful. I think last year we had TeamWork Express do the honors. Last of all, please try and post as it is great fun seeing and registering that we have saintees on all continents and corners of the globe.

If it helps, here is the WAP MOTM scoring formula

equation_large.jpg

No of course we don't watch any games. Most of us think we still play at Muirton Park and half of us can't remember where Perth is. Regardless, we still have great fun pretending that we love and support our team from afar. Hopefully that makes you feel better x

i would never leave my team #truefan

It looks like some people want to do a 1. 2.and 3. So that is good, 3 points for first, 2 points for second etc etc. 

A good yet simple scoring system that is easily understandable to everyone. Very similar to the one Monty uses for the Man of the Match polls. Well done. 

I hope to be in attendance for this one, do we have a definitive date for it.