Saints Exiles POTY Award - Season 2016-2017

AthensSaint

I'm going for Danny Swanson. Excellent start to the season, drifted off towards the middle but was still ok and was arguably being judged harshly due to the high standards he'd previously set, then a return to excellent performances in recent weeks.

I only became an exile in March, so I'm not sure if my vote should count.

2nd - Joe Shaughnessy

3rd - Liam Craig

Of course your vote counts. Our group is a little bit of fun. As long as you are being thruthfull and honest in the same way us exiles conduct our business. Thanks for your support and voting.

Edited by AthensSaint

Dear WAP Exiles, Many thanks for contributing with the votes. We had nearly twenty voters from outside Scotland which is great.

We had eleven different players nominated which probably shows we are a compact and strong unit rather than having a clear flair player at the moment.

At the top end it was a two horse race with Joe the Throw just squeezing it over Zander by only four points.

So WAP EXILE POTY award 2016-2017 goes to JOE SHAUGNESSY.

I hope the engraver is good at spelling. 

Edited by AthensSaint

Dear WAP Exiles, Many thanks for contributing with the votes. We had nearly twenty voters from outside Scotland which is great.

We had eleven different players nominated which probably shows we are a compact and strong unit rather than having a clear flair player at the moment.

At the top end it was a two horse race with Joe the Throw just squeezing it over Zander by only four points.

So WAP EXILE POTY award 2016-2017 goes to JOE SHAUGNESSY.

I hope the engraver is good at spelling. 

Let's hope so, as his player profile shows the spelling to be JOE SHAUGHNESSY. 

Maybe "Shaughnessy" winnae fit on oor wee trophy anyway. Better just put "Joe Throw" instead.

Aye yer fortunate he doesn't appear to have any middle names.:laugh:

At the Poty awards, ask him what "the long walk" means tae him?

And NO., not the time he got sent off against Motherwell playing for the Sheep and had to buy the fish suppers for the team on the road home.:wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Joe The Throw asked SixtiesSaintee, BabyChunder and self to thank all the Exiles for taking time to vote for him and his fellow team mates. Not only did he answer the numerous questions thrown at him at our table but bought us a couple of rounds of drinks in to the bargain. He hardly had a minute all through the dinner to eat due to people asking for autographs and pictures. Every request by the kids was accepted with a big Irish smile. He is a credit to the club and I am personally extremely pleased he was awarded the Exiles trophy. 

Danny Swanson scooped up the majority of the awards on the evening but on behalf of the Exiles we had the opportunity to extend our thanks for his professionalism.

A huge mention needs to be made for Paul Paton. Paul won an award and in his very honest acceptance speech he stated that due to past history that he recognized he was not a very popular signing with the saints fans. He was inundated with fans during the evening telling him we were wrong. We have one very happy new saintee in our squad. Thanks Paul.

What sensible and wise people frequent the Cherrybank Inn. Paton has been an excellent signing.

Nice of Alan Rough to present the WAP Exiles trophy though.

I thought it must have been you that was the Cherry bank voter :laugh:.