May 17th 2017 - Hearts at McD

Shibbydoo

Should be a fair bit of interest on this 3 year anniversary of possibly the best day ever. 

I'm making the effort to come down and watch us very possibly secure another European adventure on the back of a win and a 4th place finish (mon the Sheep!). 

Hope the club are as enthusiastic as the fans and put something interesting together. 

• 3 weeks later...

Time to put out some of the younger players for this one and Rangers. 2 good games to get experience in. Give the senior players an extra weeks rest. Would make these games that bit more interesting. 

Would love for us to sign up say Scougal and introduce him at half time too.

Guest ScottMann

I'll be miffed if we don't make changes and give some of the fringe guys an outing or two. We keep being told that one reason youngsters can't be blooded is the ultra competitiveness of the league where every game means something. Well we now have the exceptionally rare situation of having 2 games, at home too, where it doesn't matter one iota to us if we win or lose. Tommy mentions hitting 60 points but so what? I'd rather think ahead than try and hit a meaningless target.

I agree about Thompson and would start him in both games. If Danny misses out then so be it but I'm sure he could get some game time at some point if needed. If they are fit and available then give Gordon, Gilchrist, Greg Hurst and Comrie a chance over the 2 games. Rest Paton and Mannus given their International situation and our early start and Macca for a break before Europe. I'd also give Alston both games in the centre which Falkirk fans say is his best position. 

We have a European tie in just over 6 weeks. That's more important than reaching 60 points.

I'll be miffed if we don't make changes and give some of the fringe guys an outing or two. We keep being told that one reason youngsters can't be blooded is the ultra competitiveness of the league where every game means something. Well we now have the exceptionally rare situation of having 2 games, at home too, where it doesn't matter one iota to us if we win or lose. Tommy mentions hitting 60 points but so what? I'd rather think ahead than try and hit a meaningless target.

I agree about Thompson and would start him in both games. If Danny misses out then so be it but I'm sure he could get some game time at some point if needed. If they are fit and available then give Gordon, Gilchrist, Greg Hurst and Comrie a chance over the 2 games. Rest Paton and Mannus given their International situation and our early start and Macca for a break before Europe. I'd also give Alston both games in the centre which Falkirk fans say is his best position. 

We have a European tie in just over 6 weeks. That's more important than reaching 60 points.

Agree with most of this post.

I would concentrate on fielding a team and having a bench of those players that will be with us next year, so any leaving or being punted should not be involved whatsever.

Agree with most of this post.

I would concentrate on fielding a team and having a bench of those players that will be with us next year, so any leaving or being punted should not be involved whatsever.

Not sure about that - I'd do it the other way round and give an early holiday to as many key players as possible who are going to be needed for Europe. Doesn't matter if someone like Swanson gets a knock at this stage, as it's only Hibs it will impact, so we might as well use him. Tommy's not going to learn anything new about his regulars by playing them now.

Not sure about that - I'd do it the other way round and give an early holiday to as many key players as possible who are going to be needed for Europe. Doesn't matter if someone like Swanson gets a knock at this stage, as it's only Hibs it will impact, so we might as well use him. Tommy's not going to learn anything new about his regulars by playing them now.

Good spot. Hearts and Sevco will be putting out weakened teams anyway so get our main lads of to Costa wherever and get them as much time off as possible.

I think Tommy will play a strong team & only rest Macca as I think he will want us to reach record points tally.

It's amazing that we may reach a record total considering our home form & our performance against the bottom teams.

What if ?.