Richard Foster

Dave Ferg

I wish the referees concentrated more on their 'day job' ..ok so perhaps Mr Foster should have more self control, but I can't help but think the incompetence of the ref contributed big time to the situation. Only good thing was the fact Dundee got a taste of bad refereeing last night! 

I like the fact RF has a bit passion about him.. I think it shows the person is a winner... I bet TW felt like booting the ref's head in never mind his d:laugh:oor in 

I wish the referees concentrated more on their 'day job' ..ok so perhaps Mr Foster should have more self control, but I can't help but think the incompetence of the ref contributed big time to the situation. Only good thing was the fact Dundee got a taste of bad refereeing last night! 

I like the fact RF has a bit passion about him.. I think it shows the person is a winner... I bet TW felt like booting the ref's head in never mind his d:laugh:oor in 

He should know better at his age. No excuse for not being able to temper that rage. I'm sure the whole team felt equally upset with the ref. 

He should know better at his age. No excuse for not being able to temper that rage. I'm sure the whole team felt equally upset with the ref. 

Probably... But in the bland one horse race that is Scottish football, you take your entertainment where you can. I suppose he could be doing a Scott Brown every week on the park, 'assaulting' players and verbally abusing referees...I don't think he is a dirty player? Vocal perhaps but certainly not a hatchet man... ;-) 

image.gif

Nah Tommy wanted to smash that clown Gartlands head in 

I get the point about passion etc.. but it's becoming all too often with Foster now without anything else (Recently) to back it up. Thinking back there was the fracas with Swanson for one. Secondly, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but as the half time whistle went in the Europa fixture at home there was a pretty healthy chorus of booing going round, to which Foster turned round and give it an almighty GIRFUY whilst screaming at the East Stand. Now this incident as well. 

I'm starting to think it's not as much passion and more just an incredibly short fuse which he clearly struggles to control.

I get the point about passion etc.. but it's becoming all too often with Foster now without anything else (Recently) to back it up. Thinking back there was the fracas with Swanson for one. Secondly, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but as the half time whistle went in the Europa fixture at home there was a pretty healthy chorus of booing going round, to which Foster turned round and give it an almighty GIRFUY whilst screaming at the East Stand. Now this incident as well. 

I'm starting to think it's not as much passion and more just an incredibly short fuse which he clearly struggles to control.

It's common with him.  At the Partick league game a few weeks ago someone behind me gave him a pelter about being caught offside in the 2nd half.  By his reaction, I honestly thought Foster was about to jump the gate and do the guy.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about him having a go at Scougall when he complained about a pass It was really over the top.

That with Swanson gate & the rest I worry about squad unity.

There has to be a reason why County allowed him to go whilst still under contract.

I think this second(at least) incident should result in his contract being cancelled.

Guest ScottMann

I did wonder about him leaving County but I always think Tommy and Steve will do their due diligence on any player we sign so it's unlikely we'd end up with a disruptive, well known nutter at Saints.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about him having a go at Scougall when he complained about a pass It was really over the top.

That with Swanson gate & the rest I worry about squad unity.

There has to be a reason why County allowed him to go whilst still under contract.

I think this second(at least) incident should result in his contract being cancelled.

I saw that one slightly differently, think foster wanted scoughall to come short to allow foster to play up the line but he didn't forcing foster kick it long which he clearly didn't want to do, maybe I read it wrong but I thought he was screaming at him to come back for the ball. The Swanson thing was ebarassing and this is just being daft, I do think he is just a passionate guy but struggles to contain it at times 

I saw that one slightly differently, think foster wanted scoughall to come short to allow foster to play up the line but he didn't forcing foster kick it long which he clearly didn't want to do, maybe I read it wrong but I thought he was screaming at him to come back for the ball. The Swanson thing was ebarassing and this is just being daft, I do think he is just a passionate guy but struggles to contain it at times 

I agree, but a more volatile team mate would have reacted and it would have been Swanson all over again. He seems to have anger management issues. I like the passion, but he needs to be able to control it.

As an aside, I think this is where a really strong captain needs to step in. As much as I like Ando, he's not the sort to grab the guy and take him aside on the pitch and tell him to calm down. 

I agree, but a more volatile team mate would have reacted and it would have been Swanson all over again. He seems to have anger management issues. I like the passion, but he needs to be able to control it.

As an aside, I think this is where a really strong captain needs to step in. As much as I like Ando, he's not the sort to grab the guy and take him aside on the pitch and tell him to calm down. 

Yeah that's a fair point, its only going to keep getting the club in trouble, I agree regarding ando too, Easton had the arm band a few times but would give him the same criticism. Midge be a perfect captain....oh no wait : P