Richard Foster

Dave Ferg

Foster receives two match ban. Can't say I have sympathy for him but punishment smacks of double standards, when you kick a door after match finished and  get banned but when you play for an old firm team you can aim an elbow at the face of an opponent in the middle of a match and totally escape any form of punishment!

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

I don’t how this ever came into the CO remit. I thought he reviewed things that were brought to his attention that happened on the pitch that were missed by the referee. You can’t review something that was never seen by a recording device. If it was seen by the referee (as has been suggested) he should have red carded him and he would just have missed tha Hamilton game. 

Edited by Stumpy1966

I don’t how this ever came into the CO remit. I thought he reviewed things that were brought to his attention that happened on the pitch that were missed by the referee. You can’t review something that was never seen by a recording device. If it was seen by the referee (as has been suggested) he should have red carded him and he would just have missed tha Hamilton game. 

Good point, wouldn't surprise me if the CO did not have jurisdiction.  Might have paid Saints to have engaged the Inverness lawyer who ran a coach and horses through the SFA's understanding of their own rules when they tried to ban the ICT player for handling on the line v Celtic a couple of years ago.

PS Wouldn't even surprise me if the door got a yellow for provocation.

As much as i admire Foster's emotion, you can't kick a refs door in, regardless of whether the ref was shite. He's a seasoned pro & should know better. I'd be  interested who witnessed it... the ref/ linesmen or saints staff? After the Swanson incident, he's a marked man. I like him, even if he's not at top form atm, but i like a bit of passion at Saints. Paul Ramsay would've killed the ref.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

Disappointed but not surprised with the result! He pulls on the wrong colour of blue jersey! For all his flaws I still have time for him. I think the decision is disgusting for all the reasons mentioned in previous posts! We already know as a wee diddy team the powers that be can do what they please. Hopefully Foster will come back stronger with a point to prove. 

As much as i admire Foster's emotion, you can't kick a refs door in, regardless of whether the ref was shite. He's a seasoned pro & should know better. 

I don't admire it at all. The guy's a 32 year old man - if he's behaving like that then he has issues and I'd have to ask whether the club is actually recognising that and talking to him about it.

I really like him as a player, incidentally. Whenever I've seen him I've thought he's looked like a very shrewd signing for us.

Who gives a **** if the CO doesn't cite anyone else. Richard Foster deserves his ban.

Probably deserves a punch in the puss too right enough.

So you can kick someone on the head, you can elbow someone on head on the pitch that’s ok but if you kick A DOOR out of sight of any fans you get a two match ban from the pitch. I’m not condoning what he did but it’s the pure hypocrisy of the whole of Scottish football that grates.

So you can kick someone on the head, you can elbow someone on head on the pitch that’s ok but if you kick A DOOR out of sight of any fans you get a two match ban from the pitch. I’m not condoning what he did but it’s the pure hypocrisy of the whole of Scottish football that grates.

Pish. He kicked the referees door. A door which belongs to another club. You can get done for breach of the peace if you did that out with a football ground. The boys a fanny.

Pish. He kicked the referees door. A door which belongs to another club. You can get done for breach of the peace if you did that out with a football ground. The boys a fanny.

Are you deliberately trying to miss my point. Let the police deal with it then. My point is where does it fall under the CO remit. He should be dealing with the kicks and elbows to the head that were clearly identified on TV. I still don’t know why he got involved with Foster. If he was done for breach of the peace he wouldn’t have been suspended for two games.

Probably wrong but does the CO not investigate things that the referee highlights in his report?

How do you review a report without evidence. I’m assuming  the referee didn’t see it or he would have called him into his (damaged) room and red carded him. If someone else reported it to the referee and he then included it then for the CO to review it he would have to interview that person. Was that done.

Are you deliberately trying to miss my point. Let the police deal with it then. My point is where does it fall under the CO remit.

Are you deliberately trying to miss my point? It falls into the CO remit as he behaved in a threatening manner to a match official. He deserves a ban. I'd give him another 6 games if it were me. The boys a fanny who has anger control issues.

It'd be brilliant if the CO acted on everything but it's been said many times before, by many people, that he only acts on complaints. 

Are you deliberately trying to miss my point? It falls into the CO remit as he behaved in a threatening manner to a match official. He deserves a ban. I'd give him another 6 games if it were me. The boys a fanny who has anger control issues.

It'd be brilliant if the CO acted on everything but it's been said many times before, by many people, that he only acts on complaints. 

The only point I get from you is you don’t like Foster. I don’t understand your point “he only acts on complaints” complaints from who? TV pundits, fans or opponents who?