Tam Scobbie

Dave Ferg

Yeah,don't want to hold back young players but Tam is only real cover for left back & has shown he can cover at cb so wouldn't be disappointed if he got a new contract.

Question is. Will he be happy to sit on bench for most of season. Depends on if he gets any offers. If anyone saw the game then he will have a few.

• 4 weeks later...

Only worth letting Tam go to the Dee's if we are using his wages to strengthen other areas of the pitch. Liam Gordon or Ally Gilchrist can do the same job Scobbie has done last season.

However, if Tommy uses his wages to try and replace him with another average utility defender, I find it hard to believe that we would find a better one....

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

If Scobbie leaves, I suspect it could be this time next year before we know how big an impact it has. He's the go-to man if one of the first choice players are unavailable and has always seemed to accept that role in the squad. There's a mistake in him but he's pretty reliable on balance. If he stays he'll continue to offer the manager that option next season but where does it leave the four young defenders he has coming through?

If Scobbie goes it should open up a pathway for them (depending on what happens with Watson) but what if they don't shape up as required? Even allowing, if he does leave then I hope TW at least takes the risk on the young guys and doesn't bring in another experienced defender.