St.Johnstone v Rangers

SaintJet

4 defenders in the box not one near miller,

alston was ahead of tavernier had to be stronger but stupidly slid in then eastons attempt at a tackle was pathetic.

great touch from macca to find cummins who slotted away nicely

hope pedro doesnt keep tommy waiting to long - think hes still doing the bouncy with the fans-absolute embarrassment

For the final this season........ Saints dominated the game for the first 25 minutes but could not take advantage and score. Sevco came into it for a bit and then it was fairly even before some poor play led to us losing the first goal. From there on it was always a bit of a struggle . Their second killed us and were very lucky not concede again before we got one back. Had a great chance to level it but it was not to be. 4th place is a great achievement. Player wise today, Chris Millar, Scobbie, Big Joe, Kano and especially young Thompson were terrific . Most others were average. Sadly I thought Alston was rotten .. Anyway, that's it all done and dusted.. See you all 5 weeks on Thursday when 2017-18 gets going. COYS

I wasn't there today because I was doing the Great Stirling 5K this morning. Glad that my last game of the season was Hearts on Wednesday, it's a better way to sign off the season than being beaten by "them". Thanks Tommy for another great season. See you all again in Europe!!:laugh:

BTW I was 86th out of 500 and the 30th female home, well chuffed!

Given the defence Ragners put out we didn't ask enough questions of them.

Thomson looks like he lacks confidence to have a go at his defender.

Terrible defending for their second, Alston had the worst game I've seen from him.

A little disappointed more of the team didn't stay out to appalud the support they have had this season.

Dominated first half & if we had gone ahead ,think we would have won the game.

Kenny Miller is their only decent player & we gave him the freedom of McDiarmid.

Their second was an embarrassment for Alston who was poor today.

Once they got the second & some confidence it looked like is would be 5 or 6.

I wasn't there today because I was doing the Great Stirling 5K this morning. Glad that my last game of the season was Hearts on Wednesday, it's a better way to sign off the season than being beaten by "them". Thanks Tommy for another great season. See you all again in Europe!!:laugh:

BTW I was 86th out of 500 and the 30th female home, well chuffed!

Well done. Good for you. They're still running in the marathon now.

Yeah Alston was poor, but on the positive side, Craig Thomson and Chris Kane do not look out of place at this level. They will be a couple of good squad players next season. Also, Keith Watson and Muzz still to come back. If Coulson is still around, hopefully Tommy and Callum can get more out of him if he gets a full preseason under his belt...

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

I have some sympathy for Alston, since he was shunted out to the left today. Has he ever played there before? Wotherspoon does alright out there now but looked lost too when TW first started asking him to play there. His mistake for the second goal was worse than Easton's but the latter should really know better and and I'm probably more disappointed in his part in it. The first goal showed the quality Kenny Miller still has.

There were good parts to our performance and we've forced their goalkeeper into a few good saves. Would have been nice to get the win but it doesn't detract from another very good season.

Guest ScottMann

It was Rangers we played. I wouldn't be surprised if Police Scotland told them not to do anything after the game in case it was seen as goading their favourite teams supporters.

Thought Thomson had a pretty decent game though, he was involved in a lot of good moves. Bit unfortunate for Alston that he was put on the left, really obvious he wasn't comfortable at all. Shame Kanes passing was howling today. Nothing between these 2 teams though.

Dominated first half & if we had gone ahead ,think we would have won the game.

Kenny Miller is their only decent player & we gave him the freedom of McDiarmid.

Their second was an embarrassment for Alston who was poor today.

Once they got the second & some confidence it looked like is would be 5 or 6.

Miller never even had to shake anyone off.! He IS ,Rangers .! without him they would be Dundee United .!#pish.! and yet nobody bothered to track him constantly.!

No aerial presence in midfield and Alston was pish today - never had the bottle to tackle Tavernier shortly before their second. Felt he should've been subbed off for Hursty instead of Thomson, with Pates coming on for Millar in the second half to win us the headers in the middle as well as providing a bit of strength in other areas - nothing to do with Midge, thought he had a good shift.

No aerial presence in midfield and Alston was pish today - never had the bottle to tackle Tavernier shortly before their second. Felt he should've been subbed off for Hursty instead of Thomson, with Pates coming on for Millar in the second half to win us the headers in the middle as well as providing a bit of strength in other areas - nothing to do with Midge, thought he had a good shift.

It wasnt that he didn't have the bottle to tackle Tavernier it was the fact he didn't have the sense not to dive in. He just had to stand him up. In fairness though finding himself on left wing must be an alien position and perhaps in hindsight Liam would have been better out there. Saying that...Liam had a fine game  (deliveries aside), especially first 30 minutes where we bullied their midfield.

Unfortunately with K Miller dropping deeper and deeper we seemed to lose track of him completely and his movement and link play killed us.

We had a few chances though and positive performances from Thomson, Scobbie, Millar, Craig and a cameo from Hurst meant it wasn't a total waste. We played some nice attacking stuff at times but we were always vulnerable to the counter.

One last note.. .get Scobbie and new contract. 3 or 4 excellent interceptions today. Could have been a red face without him. Always reliable.

Midge was good on the ball but tends to go backwards. He needs Muzz or Paton beside him as doesn't have the pace to track back. The space they gave Miller was criminal.

Did the players come back out after they went up the tunnel or was it just Craig, MacLean and Millar that stayed out?

Only Macca, Millar and Liam stayed out. Seemed to be a bit of confusion...those 3 were expecting the whole team to stay out I think....kept looking toward the tunnel to see what was happening. I never saw anyone else come out and I was late in getting out.

Pretty poor to be honest.

The players wet down the tunnel as thats the procedure when a pitch invasion occurs. Like it or not its the group of kids who ran on the pitch at the final whistle that ruined it.

I remember speaking to a Saints player a few years back when they played against the old firm on the last home game of the season.

They were told to get off the pitch at the end of the match wait until the ground had cleared and then they were to go out. Sadly on that occasion no one told the fans and the saints fans had left leaving the players and their kids disappointed. 

Could explain what has happened today.