Reform Street

sleepless

Coltrane, thanks very much!

Yes, Reform Place must be it, rather than Street. I never expected to see a photo of it - I assumed the place would have been pulled down years ago. All the times I've been in that area and I didn't know it existed.

Sixties, thanks - I'll have a look at the group on FB

Fascinating stuff.  I remember Reform Place and I'm sure the name used to be on the wall at the normal street name level either at the Scott St. or the James St corner or indeed both.  It was sort of stencilled on the wall.  In fact it might still be there, if I remember I will look when I'm up for our first Euro home match.  The other thing I remember is you could escape unwanted attention by nipping in via the James St. close and make your way to the Scott St. close or indeed come out from one of the Reform Place closes.

Happy days, thanks guys.

The photographer in the link above says its hidden behind a blue door....

"Reform Place is hidden away, in Perth, behind a very unassuming looking blue door. I would never have found it, had a very kind Australian gent not asked me to come and photograph it."

Jeezo it's like the secret garden this thread :) but does it really exist? Or just a cunning hoax ? 

.  The other thing I remember is you could escape unwanted attention by nipping in via the James St. close and make your way to the Scott St. close or indeed come out from one of the Reform Place closes.

Happy days, thanks guys.

This is why I was interested in the first place. I was reading a newspaper article from the 1930s and there was a report of a man keeking into windows in Canal Street and James Street. When the police arrived they found him in Reform Place. He was from Auchtermuchtie, which probably explains everything...

This is why I was interested in the first place. I was reading a newspaper article from the 1930s and there was a report of a man keeking into windows in Canal Street and James Street. When the police arrived they found him in Reform Place. He was from Auchtermuchtie, which probably explains everything...

My wife's sister and her man stay in a flat in the courtyard through that James Street close. I mind going there and then going for a pint in the Tams - we walked through what I now presume to be Reform Place and out via a back dreil next to the Tams without going on a pavement on either Canal Street or Scott Street.

Thank goodness it was the 1930s otherwise I might have had the polis at my door asking me to explain my post above!

• 6 months later...