Friendlies

Cagey

Guest ScottMann

Saints are covering this afternoons game v Rangers on twitter which is strange considering they usually treat closed doors games as top secret stuff.

Looks like Sevco had strong team out & we played our second team.

Pre season going well for them. Must be trying to lull us into other teams into a false sense of security.

Doesn't look like we need another striker if young Henry can score against them whilst only on pitch 10 mins :laugh:.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Sevco are going to be absolutely horse this season and will be looking for another new manager by Christmas. Add Cathro's struggles at Hearts into the equation and there could potentially be a big opportunity for Saints in the year ahead, if we can just add that bit of extra attacking quality.

Rangers fans I know are bemused at who they are letting go and who they are keeping. 

Not seeing much setting the heather on fire from their new signings either

Unfortuntely, come the season proper I can see then get their usual late goals to beat Killie 1-0, dodgy decisions etc etc to see them up there looking at 2nd or 3rd

Goes without saying that I hope I am wrong and they bomb completely amid turmoil and in house squabbling

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Sevco are going to be absolutely horse this season and will be looking for another new manager by Christmas. Add Cathro's struggles at Hearts into the equation and there could potentially be a big opportunity for Saints in the year ahead, if we can just add that bit of extra attacking quality.

Yes I think there's a fair chance both might struggle. The flip side is that after both made 'experimental' managerial appointments, they decide to replace them with tried and tested premiership managers. You're then looking at McInnes, Wright and media darling Archibald, and I would expect at least one of them to seriously consider Tommy as a replacement.

Ideally they are both shite, but not quite shite enough to sack the manager. This might mean early season derby victories for both, which would appease the fans, whilst we give both of them a hiding and cruise above them in the table!!