Friendlies

Cagey

Yes Kane was caught offside but on at least 2 of these occasions the player delayed the pass though to him. You can't have it both ways, you can't ask him too make runs in behind then not give him a welll timed pass.

Timing goes both ways, I agree. But an obvious concern nonetheless. You cannae have a striker offside every 10 mins.

Yeah, played OK first half & made a lot of runs with nobody picking him out.

Second half disappeared a bit & got a knock on the foot as he was being subbed.

See now why Tommy wanted another look at him. A lot of skill but not sure how he would cope with our winter grounds.

Not easy for Tommy. Would not be upset no matter what decision Tommy makes.

Ll

e

Pretty much agree with that. Other worry I had about him was where he would play? Seems to be a luxury player that would require a free reign, not sure how much tracking back and defending he would do when out wide. 

Yes Kane was caught offside but on at least 2 of these occasions the player delayed the pass though to him. You can't have it both ways, you can't ask him too make runs in behind then not give him a welll timed pass.

The only issue I have with people defending Kane is if it was Cummins people would be giving him all sorts of stick on here. 

Its just with Kane its frustrating as when its a instinctive finish he tends to take them well. Just feel he more then capable of better and with more consistency he could be our main man. Particularly after Macca hangs up the boots. 

I think the decision on the trialist is very much dependant on other factors for me. Would his signing leave budget for an out and out striker that we really do need just now? How big would his wage demands be? Would he cope week in week out in the colder weather on poor pitches with defenders kicking lumps into him? Who else is a viable option? Is there better options?

He certainly has a nice touch and some pace that we need. His cross was quality and he looked like he was keen to impress and follow Tommys demands. He didn't show enough when playing upfront to confirm he could be a regular scorer. Very tough call to make.

Not sure Habran did enough to convince TW,trying too hard I thought, Alston probably did more when he came on,Scougall looking good,making runs from deep that our slow thinking players didn't spot,and giving good pass and moves,still need Maksimov though,as we don't have someone creating chances out of nothing

I'd much rather have a guy making that many runs and getting caught offside than not. He only needs to time it right once to be through on goal. 

He failed 4 times in 45 mins to do this against Hartlepool, think that says enough. Can't see how you can spin doctor that into a positive.

He failed 4 times in 45 mins to do this against Hartlepool, think that says enough. Can't see how you can spin doctor that into a positive.

My god give the boy a break. Nothing to moan about after a win so pick on the striker for not scoring. 

Edited by mainstand

My god give the boy a break. Nothing to moan about after a win so pick on the striker for not scoring. 

My comment was about Kane being offside 4 times in second half, it was not about him not scoring.

I will put on record again good performance, sound defence, good link up play particularly through Stefan. 1-0 win.

All good comrades 

COYS

Edited by Havana Saint

F*ck me - Which direction do I cut my wrists?

You would think we got pumped 19-0 by Bridge of Earn U14's or something, Trialist put in effort and has the technical ability - something in Scotland that we done have much off!! Chased back and covered for the full back at one point when he went out wide. Pretty sure with a few more games and embedded into the squad a little more he could be very special

I thought the French lad was decent in the first half out wide. When he was up front, I thought that was Wright just seeing how he would do up there, not that he'd be signed as a striker. Second half, looked like he held his wide position too much....whether that was 'cos he was already injured/was told to, not sure.

It will all come down to wages, but I would think he is worth a contract.

Wright did say he was looking for another two who would improve the first team, not just add to the squad. I reckon he improves the attacking options with the need for an out and out striker being the one remaining piece before the league starts off.

I think that we could benefit from a player who is a bit raw and unpredictable tbh.

Imaginative play is not something that Paton, Millar, Craig, Davidson and Alston have very much of. 

Spoony does but is not consistent enough and the creative spark should not just be left to Scougall imo.

Edited by rik2304

Get Habran signed and play him wide left midfield and let Scougall play centre mid along with Murray and either Wotherspoon or Alston Right Mid.  Chris and Pates as back up.

Midfield sorted.

Now where can we get a striker that can play on grass and artificial pitches and score goals..........no russian in with answers guys!!

I cant see Scougall playing central midfield alongside Muzz or whoever very often like suggested above. Wasted there imo. You want him involved higher up the park. Behind the striker or inbetween the lines to pick up the ball and make things happen. When he plays on the left thats what he seems to try to do, in some ways like Mr Swanson did. Drift central. 

Thought Scougall was best footballer on the park by a mile today. 

Hartlepool lads were athletic and passed it about alright just very little of the passes we're forward or in areas to threaten us. 

Looking forward to first game of the season now. 

Think we might see 4-2-3-1 played more often this season,with Scougall in the middle of the 3,

Only problem is the striker. Kane had his audition today and flunked it. Cummins has never been pretty good that way either. MacLean is the best option, especially since Scougall would take a huge amount of pressure of him. Rather have a pair option though.