European travel

Heads up Guys & Girls.  I spoke to Ailish a while back about  travel to away  Europa league games and she has taken the idea on board and run with it.  Great to see a local independent business being proactive rather than waiting for the public to ask.. After 5 European tours it's about time.. Anyway, have a read, see what you think, and if your interested, register an interest with her... The fact is that nothing is guaranteed regarding the draw and it may even be somewhere very hard to get to but it might be somewhere braw. I know a lot of you might be happy to do your own thing and that's fine but for those who like it easy and hopefully  competitively priced, this MIGHT be ideal for you.  Thanks.. Ghostie.

The Wee Travel Company are putting together a group package deal to wherever the first match is - once we find out tomorrow! As long as there are 10 or more signed up the deals are better than you booking yourself and you have my ABTA cover etc as reassurance. It'll be for 2 nights accommodation, prob 3* hotel - if it's a difficult location to get to we may need 3-4 nights in the hotel but I'll get the best value I can find. If you are interested, can you email me your names, emails and a contact number and I'll get quotes as soon as I can. You would need to pay immediately as the demand for flights could mean they disappear quickly!!

Please get in touch - ailish@theweetravelcompany.co.uk T 07967 827832

Booked Aberdeen-Amsterdam-villnius 11 am Wednesday 5th back at 0n a 6 am flight via Riga on way home £340 I think it was but prices going up all the time . Staying at a braw looking 4 star Amberton for £125 including breakfast for 3 nights.

Yeah my flight went up £60 cos I let the session expire. Barstards can see ye coming.

Yesterday’s draw in Nyon paired Saints with FK Trakai (Lithuania) in the first round of the Europa League qualifiers.

The club has now managed to source an aircraft to carry the players, staff, equipment and a limited number of supporters to Lithuania for the away leg.

As someone who previously expressed an interest in being part of this charter, I can now advise that the total cost of travelling with the team is £600 per person, and this will include: 

Bus transfers from McDiarmid Park to Edinburgh Airport and direct charter flight to Vilnius the day before the match, one night’s accommodation in a local hotel and direct flight back to Edinburgh immediately after the match. Match ticket is not included.

If you remain interested in taking up this travel option please reply to this email address - ross@perthsaints.co.uk - no later than 7pm tomorrow (Wednesday 21st June).

It is extremely likely that demand will outstrip the very limited supply of available seats and that being the case, a draw will take place on Thursday morning to determine those who will be selected to travel.

Aye that's the point - they're aw taking bookings to Vilnius but the flights will go to Kaunas. Maybe it's just my shitey budget airline.

Vilnius airport is open until the 14th of July when it will close for 4 weeks to re do the runway, flights during this period will divert to Kaunas. So no problem for Saints fans.

So - the prices are going up by the minute almost - is this PURELY based on sales of airline seats ? Or do they have crafty ways of knowing we're all looking at sites for best deals and put the prices up in hope we just crack and buy?

Will they go down end of next week maybe when it's all calmed down?

Doncaster and Luton best for Direct flights - great for folk near there but rubbish for us as very early flights

So - the prices are going up by the minute almost - is this PURELY based on sales of airline seats ? Or do they have crafty ways of knowing we're all looking at sites for best deals and put the prices up in hope we just crack and buy?

Doncaster and Luton best for Direct flights - great for folk near there but rubbish for us as very early flights

I think they know traffic / foot fall. So bump prices up.  Doubt they will drop.

John, the route I'm going, Edinburgh-Stockholm-Vilnius  (SAS) out Thursday back Friday is now £290 compared to £235 that I paid yesterday lunchtime. Other routes have gone up even more.