Disabled Parking at McDiarmid

mainstand

None of this charging for disabled pish. I think the government should invent a scheme to charge disabled people more if they have a spare room in which to store medical and mobility equipment. And one to force severely disabled people to attend repeated humiliating interviews. And let's take adapted mobility cars away from them. 

Oh wait.....

I am not meaning to be disrespectful or spiteful to anyone who is disabled but why should it be free. I fully accept that disabled bays should be close to any access points and should also be of a suitable size.

This is bullshit. I don't favour eeking out a couple of grand from 80 and 90 year olds.  How about the opposite? Been a season ticket holder for 30 years....free parking space!

Is £50 a concession? I ask as the club markets to attract to the games those benefiting from concession status?

What the club are doing is selling a space that they full well hope to resell.  

What next, they ask that you mail in IF  you can't make it so they can claim the vat back on the portion of your "ticket" that went unused (Vat is only paid on goods consumed?  

2. The club is hellbent on playing the martyr over the road. No doubt the Browns (yes they are amazing etc etc) are eyeing up the main kitty, by selling McD in the coming years (a stadium standing on land bequeathed to the folk of Perth). It might be a good thing, like Muirton to McD has proven to be. But just saying: How many more maneuvers will they pull over this ****ing road - :)

3. FFIT - the football fans in training thing. The club make money of obese folk... folk who might go on to be disabled.  Just saying, they love it all ways...... 

4.   SLO................. aye, real slow getting any news/feedback in from fans about this change.....when's it on the OS?

#cashcows

Guest ScottMann

Ok, according to the official site there are 15 disabled bays, not all pre-booked. Let's say 10 are. That is the massive sum of £500 the club are going to benefit from over a season. God help us if we are so skint we need to screw our disabled supporters for a few hundred quid. It's a shocking move.

Ok, according to the official site there are 15 disabled bays, not all pre-booked. Let's say 10 are. That is the massive sum of £500 the club are going to benefit from over a season. God help us if we are so skint we need to screw our disabled supporters for a few hundred quid. It's a shocking move.

+1 on that.

Is anyone in favour of charging 80 and 90 years old with a blue badge to park at McD?

Seriously? ANYONE?

#shamefulmove

Edited by MySpazz

+1 on that.

Is anyone in favour of charging 80 and 90 years old with a blue badge to park at McD?

Seriously? ANYONE?

#shamefulmove

Me

As someone that personally helps care for two disabled family members I'm totally fine in seeing these  spaces charged for..... why should they be lost revenue?

Why is it in any way shameful? Why should anyone on minimum wage (trying their best to survive) be charged? What about single parent families? How about families trying to save to get their kids into uni?

Me

As someone that personally helps care for two disabled family members I'm totally fine in seeing these  spaces charged for..... why should they be lost revenue?

Why is it in any way shameful? Why should anyone on minimum wage (trying their best to survive) be charged? What about single parent families? How about families trying to save to get their kids into uni?

Simple they have a choice to walk and not use a vehicle. 

Simple they have a choice to walk and not use a vehicle. 

But not all Blue badger owners have difficulty waking. They are given out for a range of reasons. 

When you see the size of some of the cars in Glasgow getting free parking with disabled badges you do question it. There isn't always a direct coloration between mobility and ability to pay. 

But not all Blue badger owners have difficulty waking. They are given out for a range of reasons. 

When you see the size of some of the cars in Glasgow getting free parking with disabled badges you do question it. There isn't always a direct coloration between mobility and ability to pay. 

I drive what you may describe as a big car if my dad's there he will have his blue badge. There is no correlation between type of car and a blue badge holder.

Me

I'll give you a clue........... see those things dangling out of your hips........

Edited by MySpazz

30 mins before kick off wont really affect us but I do see why it would somewhat defeat the purpose for some.

What I would like to see if there is an event on the astro or extra pre match things going on that the club ensure others are not parked in the numbered bays an hour before kick off. Several times in the past two years we have arrived in good time only to have others parked in our space 

Disgusting behaviour, just when we get excited we get another own goal.

This is not what we expect from our fan friendly football club.

Not many groups left to insult. 

Whoever came up with this shite should clear their desk, get their coat on and F Off down the road.

Very few of the posts in this topic come from people who know what they are talking about or have experience of disabled fans and parking. Many of them are made in complete ignorance of the subject and have moved straight to criticism of the club.

The club are losing a significant amount of parking spaces and so parking will be more limited than before. Everyone will now pay, whether disabled or not. The norm across Europe is one ticket price (normally full price for the category of fan a disabled person meets the criteria for) which usually covers entry for them and their personal assistant (the word 'carer' is not used). Parking is a separate matter. Disabled people do not seek special treatment, simply to be treated the same as everyone else (where this is possible, and it isn't always). Anything being free is not the point.

The 30 minutes has been introduced because people were reserving parking spaces and not using them, thus denying others a chance to park. Spaces have been checked at half time and regularly found to be empty.

I am involved with the St Johnstone Disabled Supporters Association and we have been very pleased with our dealings with the club. The appointment of Beverley as Supporters Liaison Officer has helped greatly in furthering our cause and in getting our points to the right place in order to start working towards a mutually satisfactory resolution. If there are any complaints or criticism to be made we will usually be the first to raise the matter directly with the club. If you experience any issues relating to disabled access (home or away) please contact us or Beverley.

If you have no dealings, experience or knowledge of disabled access then it is unlikely that you are going to be able to make a positive contribution to any discussion, as evidenced above. I am happy to engage in any reasonable conversation about these or any other issues relating to disabled access at St Johnstone either publicly here or by private message :)

Edited by andrew

Very few of the posts in this topic come from people who know what they are talking about or have experience of disabled fans and parking. Many of them are made in complete ignorance of the subject and have moved straight to criticism of the club.

The club are losing a significant amount of parking spaces and so parking will be more limited than before. Everyone will now pay, whether disabled or not. The norm across Europe is one ticket price (normally full price for the category of fan a disabled person meets the criteria for) which usually covers entry for them and their personal assistant (the word 'carer' is not used). Parking is a separate matter. Disabled people do not seek special treatment, simply to be treated the same as everyone else (where this is possible, and it isn't always). Anything being free is not the point.

The 30 minutes has been introduced because people were reserving parking spaces and not using them, thus denying others a chance to park. Spaces have been checked at half time and regularly found to be empty.

I am involved with the St Johnstone Disabled Supporters Association and we have been very pleased with our dealings with the club. The appointment of Beverley as Supporters Liaison Officer has helped greatly in furthering our cause and in getting our points to the right place in order to start working towards a mutually satisfactory resolution. If there are any complaints or criticism to be made we will usually be the first to raise the matter directly with the club. If you experience any issues relating to disabled access (home or away) please contact us or Beverley.

If you have no dealings, experience or knowledge of disabled access then it is unlikely that you are going to be able to make a positive contribution to any discussion, as evidenced above. I am happy to engage in any reasonable conversation about these or any other issues relating to disabled access at St Johnstone either publicly here or by private message :)

Andrew that's a very informative post, well done.

However, if it was free before and Saints have been compensated for the road going in it should e free now.

Also looks like from the comments of people who use this that they were not told in advance of this change.

One thing I have learned from all my years of supporting saints is that fans take an interest in all aspects of how the club is run.

There have been numerous occasions over the years that have caused endless comments and often criticism from supporters including: 

Shutting the family section in the Ormond

Moving fans from East stand to accommodate O F fans

Knocking down the North Stand

Shutting supporters club in Dunkeld rd

The secret 7

Treatment of the FCU

The car park chaos

The treatment of home fans compared to OF fans

Im sure there are plenty of others.

The club gets a lot of criticism for all sorts of issues some justified some not, it has never got communication right and it remains an area where issues that will undoubtedly cause supporters to get their backs up needs to be thought through and communicated in a way that try's to avoid the criticism in the first place,

One thing will never change no matter who is in charge, saints fans support each other as well as the team and club.

Being disabled is pretty shit. The least we can do as a society is try to make it less shit where we can. And whilst I have nothing but respect for the disabled fan group, you do not get to decide who should or should not be allowed to have an opinion, or how that opinion should be expressed.

My old man, a lifelong Saintee, made a last visit to Scotland, and McD, when he was terminally ill. As we drove into the car park, I stopped next to one of the car park attendants and tried to ask advice as to where best to park, as he had difficulty walking and I had no blue badge. In doing so, I held up the traffic for a few seconds. I was met with a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse, and a categorical, explicit refusal to help from this Saints employee. My Dad was shaken and upset, and it ruined the day.

The club is not beyond criticism on this or any other issue. We are not Sevco.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Ginger and Abernethy. What happened before has little bearing on what we are trying to do now. Many people have had unfortunate and negative experiences. Raising these and repeatedly doing so doesn't take us forward. People are entitled to have an opinion and to voice it, of course they are. I would ask whether some of those opinions add anything positive to the discussion. We are working to resolve many issues, with some great outcomes so far - including at national level.

If anyone is interested, I extend a personal invitation to attend any of our meetings where you can hear about our ongoing good work and make your own contribution. You may be surprised to find that there are initiatives at St Johnstone which potentially place us at the forefront within Scottish football as an example of good practice. We restart at McDiarmid on the last Thursday of July at 7pm and alternate months up to and including May 2018. You do not have to have a disability or be a personal assistant. Everyone is welcome. :)

Ginger and Abernethy. What happened before has little bearing on what we are trying to do now. Many people have had unfortunate and negative experiences. Raising these and repeatedly doing so doesn't take us forward. People are entitled to have an opinion and to voice it, of course they are. I would ask whether some of those opinions add anything positive to the discussion. We are working to resolve many issues, with some great outcomes so far - including at national level.

If anyone is interested, I extend a personal invitation to attend any of our meetings where you can hear about our ongoing good work and make your own contribution. You may be surprised to find that there are initiatives at St Johnstone which potentially place us at the forefront within Scottish football as an example of good practice. We restart at McDiarmid on the last Thursday of July at 7pm and alternate months up to and including May 2018. You do not have to have a disability or be a personal assistant. Everyone is welcome. :)

Disgusting behaviour, just when we get excited we get another own goal.

This is not what we expect from our fan friendly football club.

Not many groups left to insult. 

Whoever came up with this shite should clear their desk, get their coat on and F Off down the road.

a) so you are on the disabled team and know better.....that sir is a cool story

b ) you have no idea who here is disabled, an assistant, a practitioner or a.n other, so curb your projections.

c) the question is: do people want to support this change REGARDLESS OF YOUR JUSTIFICATION AND YOUR RATIONAL........?  my answer is NO! i don't support it. it's mean spirited, tight fisted, classless and as usual "saints are the martyr". 

Btw, if i paid for a car space all season, i'd like to have the choice when i show up, if i show up. Over booking and reeselling seats/spaces is for Ryanair

Seriously: How much would it cost to offer free disabled parking, or parking for those season ticket holders who have been a ticket holder for 25 years. Tell me....i might ****ing pay it...... #ragin LAUGH OUT LOUD

lastly, do you see the word "forum" at the top of this page..... aye, this is a forum for discussion. Dissenting voices, punks and SLF enaw :) 

Andrew do you not think it would have been useful had either the club or your association had come on here or via the official site and explained the situation?

And like all associations that exist the DSA can only give views of its members. There will however be others who may have alternate views who will be affected this forum is simply their opportunity to air these views. 

The fact that folk are finding out about this by chance or are receiving a note along with their pass is unacceptable. It is not criticism it is merely poi ting out that 90 percent of issues which annoy or frustrate fans could have been nipped in the bud had there been some communication. 

Andrew do you not think it would have been useful had either the club or your association had come on here or via the official site and explained the situation?

And like all associations that exist the DSA can only give views of its members. There will however be others who may have alternate views who will be affected this forum is simply their opportunity to air these views. 

The fact that folk are finding out about this by chance or are receiving a note along with their pass is unacceptable. It is not criticism it is merely poi ting out that 90 percent of issues which annoy or frustrate fans could have been nipped in the bud had there been some communication. 

We have a media and communication officer in Ross Cunningham at the club so perhaps you should also take up your comment regarding non communication directly with him.

Mainstand I agree with you on the lack of communication.

I used to always pay for a space until the exit time from the stadium became excessive a couple of years ago and what I seen last year with one lane being made pedestrian it could only have got worse.