FK Trakai (A) - Europa League Round 1 - 06/07/17

Ali91

Huge task awaits us, one that we are capable of managing. Got to play ball players though, their defence appeared shaky at best, having Millar recycling possession to keep the pressure on them will be key, as will providing some creativity in the shape of Scougall. Big question mark remains for me on who is partnering Joe, hopefully Gordon is fit. 

I'd line up

Clark

Foster Joe Gordon Easton

Millar Muzz

Alston #scougZ Spoony

Kane 

Muzz being fit would be a huge boost. 

Stuck in from the start and a positive (slightly drunken) atmosphere from the stands. 

Choo choo braw. 

He better go one up front, tbh. This myth that 4-4-2 is more attacking than a 4-2-3-1 needs chucked in the bin. We need to dominate the match, get on the front foot early and get an early goal. Saints poster on P&B (Mr Heliums) made the very good point about them not knowing whether to sit in or or try and get a goal, he also made the very good point that them getting a goal doesn't really change anything, as we still need to score two to stand a chance. 

4-4-2 would just see our midfield overrun again. 

Virtually agree with the team @Ali91 posted but would stick with Gilchrist, who'll be better prepared for the experience after dealing with their attackers first-hand.

Alston, Scougall and Wotherspoon are all interchangeable and having five in midfield, does that not negate the need for the full backs to push on as much (not that Easton managed it much after about the fifth minute anyway), meaning we can be a bit more rigid back there?

Feel a lot better about this tie now than I did on Thursday evening.

Imagine being a Trakai midfielder, expecting to be up against Alston in the middle of the park, before ending up against Muzz. 

We'll be a different team with him and Millar, and if there's any chance of complacency from Trakai, and them going to Loft after the game suggests there might be, we could well pull this off. 

Imagine being a Trakai midfielder, expecting to be up against Alston in the middle of the park, before ending up against Muzz. 

We'll be a different team with him and Millar, and if there's any chance of complacency from Trakai, and them going to Loft after the game suggests there might be, we could well pull this off. 

Muzz on Astro???

I had it in my head that he couldn't play on artificial surfaces 

Edited by Pat McGroin

how long did muzz play today? could do with a 100% muzz starting on thu but cant see due to lack of games plus astro.

surprised Millar started today , how long did he get? Needs to start on Thursday

id go

Clark

Foster Joe Gilchrist Easton

Millar       Muzz

Alston     Scougall   Spoony

Kane

subs-Mannus Kerr Craig Thomson Cummins Paton Hurst

Players just need to enjoy the game. A happy player taking in the moment can make wonders happen.

2 away goals needed.  Very possible, wouldn't be surprised Trakai set up to defend the lead they have after all their league form tells you they don't concede many.

Hope the approach to the game is relaxed.. And that we are not worked up so much that everything is rushed.

Keeping the ball and moving it around without kick and rush might help.

Not convinced this tie is over. They have some players that are technically better and at times their one touch passing was fantastic. But let's not forget their keeper cannie kick the ball, their right back cannie take a throw in and when put under pressure their midfield played some utterly horrific passes. 

They may set up to defend their lead at home but their defence isn't that great. If the Saints team are out of holiday mode we'll be in their faces and I think we'll get plenty of chances to score.

They may set up to defend their lead at home but their defence isn't that great. If the Saints team are out of holiday mode we'll be in their faces and I think we'll get plenty of chances to score.

That would play right into our hands. I believe if we dominate possession we could score 2 or 3...

If they set up the same way they did at McDiarmid and have us chasing shadows then I can see them scoring 2 or 3..

That would play right into our hands. I believe if we dominate possession we could score 2 or 3...

If they set up the same way they did at McDiarmid and have us chasing shadows then I can see them scoring 2 or 3..

I can't see them dominating in the way that they did for the first 45 in Perth. Tommy has a handle on their set up now, and will have a much better idea on how to nullify their threats. Shame we're missing Ando, could really use him for this. 

I reckon Macca will be on the bench. If things look like they're going well without him, there's no point in risking him. Bring him on in the second half if things are looking desperate.

Pretty worrying though that we're having to rely so heavily on a 35-year-old striker with a fairly bad injury record. If we risk him and he gets crocked, or he gets injured in one of the other early season games, we're facing a season with just Kane and Cummins as our options. I'm not generally in favour of breaking the tight-fists policy, but we're in massive need of investing in a proper striker who will make a difference to the team, and not just another stop-gap bench-filler effort in the Fallon/Iwelumo mould.