FK Trakai (A) - Europa League Round 1 - 06/07/17

Ali91

I watched the first 60 mins. It was reminiscent of our game in Lithuania. Trakai were very solid defensively and tactically astute with Norrkoping dominating possession. The difference was that Norrkoping have a wee bit more pace about them. Trakai are a MUCH better team than they're getting credit for on here. 

I'm much more confident going into the season having watched that last night.

Good interview with Tommy in The Courier today about all of this.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/468486/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-reflects-drivel-talked-club/

Interesting to see him say he'd be keen on some of Trakai's players but can't afford them, because I know for a fact from reading WAP that they're all on £10 a week. Maybe someone should tip him off about the equivalent players from Cowdenbeath so that we can sign them instead.

I wonder what the "drivel" he refers to could possibly be?

Amazing how fast WAP rattles its way through the five stages of grief on these occasions: 

Denial: they're shite. We will thrash them in the second leg.

Anger: no strikers, we were shite, Tommy must go.

Bargaining: actually, Trakai are brilliant, we actually did really, really well. Didn't we. Didn't we?

Depression: oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Goooooooood we're gonna get relegated......

Acceptance: anyway, back to the disabled parking........

Amazing how fast WAP rattles its way through the five stages of grief on these occasions: 

Denial: they're shite. We will thrash them in the second leg.

Anger: no strikers, we were shite, Tommy must go.

Bargaining: actually, Trakai are brilliant, we actually did really, really well. Didn't we. Didn't we?

Depression: oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Goooooooood we're gonna get relegated......

Acceptance: anyway, back to the disabled parking........

Hahaha brilliant, But seriously  Saints need to sign some black players.....................................

We got absolutely slated in the Lithuanian press after FK Trakais 2-1 defeat to IFK Norrköping. Their players said that the Swedes were considerably better than the Scottish side and it was game played on the ground rather than the long ball of the Scots...

It was funny listening to some of the pish while we were waiting to be let out of the stadium in Vilnius about them being a pub team and their players being on £50 a week....I usually bite my tongue but had to tell the old fudd he was talking pish abs that their team of 22 year olds were on the same as Saints 30-odd year old highest earners..

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Guest ScottMann

We got absolutely slated in the Lithuanian press after FK Trakais 2-1 defeat to IFK Norrköping. Their players said that the Swedes were considerably better than the Scottish side and it was game played on the ground rather than the long ball of the Scots...

Sounds fair enough.

From what I've seen today, it's blatant that they were managing the game in Lithuania against us. They've looked like the side that we played in Perth tonight. Could have scored 5 or 6 and they've had 10 shots on goal to Norrkoping's 3 attempts.

I genuinely hope they make it to the groups. Might make some on here (and the pundits) eat a little humble pie.