FK Trakai (A) - Europa League Round 1 - 06/07/17

Ali91

There have been way bigger upsets by Lithuanian clubs in UEFA competitions this summer.

Marijampolės Sūduva eliminated Belarusian Shakhtyor Soligorsk in the first Europa League Qualifying round.

Just a few days ago they won 3-0 against FC Sion, a Swiss club richer than all Lithuanian football clubs combined, in the third round. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/matches/round=2000888/match=2021922/index.html

Even Vilniaus Žalgiris had a 3-1 lead against Bulgarian Ludogorets, a team that looks better on paper than any Scottish club except Celtic, after 130 minutes in the Champions League qualifiers. Unfortunatelly, they collapsed later. Lost 3-5 on aggregate.

By the way, Lithuania (1.625) stays ahead of Scotland (1.250) in 2017/18 UEFA rankings at the moment. Right, the basketball country were no football club averaged at least a thousand specators last season:)

Well put 3-1 Good luck to Trakia for all future Euro matches but could we please have your number 9 NOW

Well put 3-1 Good luck to Trakia for all future Euro matches but could we please have your number 9 NOW

Maxim is Russian. Would not qualify for a work permit. Get him a Lithuanian passport first. He would be more than useful to our National Team.

There have been way bigger upsets by Lithuanian clubs in UEFA competitions this summer.

Marijampolės Sūduva eliminated Belarusian Shakhtyor Soligorsk in the first Europa League Qualifying round.

Just a few days ago they won 3-0 against FC Sion, a Swiss club richer than all Lithuanian football clubs combined, in the third round. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/matches/round=2000888/match=2021922/index.html

Even Vilniaus Žalgiris had a 3-1 lead against Bulgarian Ludogorets, a team that looks better on paper than any Scottish club except Celtic, after 130 minutes in the Champions League qualifiers. Unfortunatelly, they collapsed later. Lost 3-5 on aggregate.

By the way, Lithuania (1.625) stays ahead of Scotland (1.250) in 2017/18 UEFA rankings at the moment. Right, the basketball country were no football club averaged at least a thousand specators last season:)

Maybe, but how would they do against Cowdenbeath? That's the real test.

Maxim is Russian. Would not qualify for a work permit. Get him a Lithuanian passport first. He would be more than useful to our National Team.

I suspect that he would get one on appeal, given his tremendous scoring run in this seasons competition. 

He'll be too expensive for us though. 

I see Aberdeen have been charged by UEFA for not having stewards travelling with their support.  Seems to be getting to the stage that it is almost impossible to play a UEFA tie without being charged with something!  (What are we being charged with?  Asking too many questions.)

I have no doubt that Saints supporters abroad will behave impeccably as has been well demonstrated by our recent visits to half of Europe - and Asia.  I am curious though, did we have stewards with us on these visits?  Did we know about this rule?  I seem to remember that when we played in Minsk only two magnificent supporters made it due to visa problems.  Was one a steward?

Edited by south inch

• 2 weeks later...