FK Trakai (A) - Europa League Round 1 - 06/07/17

Ali91

I think it says a lot about how TW rates Thomson. His directness and pace could've been handy, but his crossing is pretty shite aswell. 

That gives him two attributes over those that played then! If he doesn't rate him, why is he moaning about his squad? Move him on, free up a wage

That gives him two attributes over those that played then! If he doesn't rate him, why is he moaning about his squad? Move him on, free up a wage

Watson still to be offloaded. Don't know if Coulston is away yet.

As you say if he is not going to play Thomson then he should be away. Hurst the goalie & Hurst the striker will probably go on loan Tanser was a waste of a signing. We probably need the 3 young centre Half's so don't see them going on loan.

Anyone else we can offload to bring in this quality player or players. Don't know where are going to get quality.

I don't know. TW has a history of stocking the squad with backup players then complaining we don't have a strong enough starting eleven though.

To be honest, In this thread now I am only interested in story's after the game.

Did SLF get home and was he pished.?

Who went to the strip and steak supper?

Photos of the march to the stadium?

What happened about bottles being thrown at locals (Terrible if true). 

I always feel proud of our wee team & supporters.. however I am vexed reading some reports on social media of fans booing Cummins before he's even stepped on the pitch.. booing our side .. sorry not on.. especially not in Europe & not away from home! I know folk will say you pay your money etc but I like to think Saints fans are better than that..nobody was more disappointed than me watching us crash out of Europe.. some people may want to remember what it's been like in a lifetime of watching Saints! Certainly they should see the irony in booing the team after crashing out of Europe.. especially when you can look back & remember what life was like in the 3rd division .. not to mention cup defeats at Stenhousemuir etcetera ;-)

To be honest, In this thread now I am only interested in story's after the game.

Did SLF get home and was he pished.?

Who went to the strip and steak supper?

Photos of the march to the stadium?

What happened about bottles being thrown at locals (Terrible if true). 

Just home .had a Braw time.business class is class.drink as much as ye want.most Braw.am away tae recover. .

Booing the team is shite.i cannae be bothered with the ye pay yer money yer entitled tae boo clap trap.

lets face it, we are all scunnered and pissed off buts thats part of being a saintee.

they players all deserved our applause and encouragement.why.? I will tell you .these players bust a gut and gave there all to become the 4 th best side in Scotland.they are our team representing our city ,the fans and Scotland.just because they couldn't cut it with some Lithuanians.bollocks I say.

scottish football is shite we are now the diddies and whipping boys.what other country has a stupid fuqin league where ye play each other 4 times minimum.

am away tae lie doon.

as for the twats that flung the plastic on the plastic pitch.yer twats ye wouldnae catch me doing that at there age.

Got home 9 last night : thoughts on the game ,Saints put a hell of an effort in against a team that did to us what we have done to teams  . They sat in and hit on the break . I'm proud of the boys for there efforts not just in the match but in what they achieved last year in qualifying for Europe . 

The travelling fans we're awesome   And took over bars with good natured singing and fun 

Vilnius is a great city with cracking bars ( good local beers ) and  resteraunts ( cracking food ) 

excellent trip . Unlucky result , thank you Saintees 

Oh well home again at the end of another European adventure that sadly was too short.

On the bright side, still funds left in my Europa League kitty for next years assault to parts unknown.

To all that I met, and probably do not remember meeting, thanks for a great time and hope you all got home safely.

If only the team could have been as good as the fans we would have skelped Trakai nae problem.

Had a great couple of days in Vilnius and met lots of friends, groups of other Saints supporters and friendly locals. Other than the result a great trip overall. One disappointing thing for me was the group of Saints fans who left the Zuvine bar and restaurant, just beside Town Hall Square, on Thursday afternoon without paying their bill of over 50 Euros for food and drink! We paid the bill rather than leave the young bar staff, who were great to us throughout our stay, having to pay themselves out of their meagre wages. If those who left without paying did it by accident, through drink or whatever, then I hope, if you are reading this, and it jogs your memory, that it gives you a pang of conscience. If it was done on purpose then you are a disgrace to St Johnstone, Perth and Scotland, and should stay at home in the future.

If it was you , or you know who it was, I am not looking to be repaid, but the guilty individuals may wish to make a donation to Saints Youth Development in lieu of your free food and drink in Vilnius!

Had a great couple of days in Vilnius and met lots of friends, groups of other Saints supporters and friendly locals. Other than the result a great trip overall. One disappointing thing for me was the group of Saints fans who left the Zuvine bar and restaurant, just beside Town Hall Square, on Thursday afternoon without paying their bill of over 50 Euros for food and drink! We paid the bill rather than leave the young bar staff, who were great to us throughout our stay, having to pay themselves out of their meagre wages. If those who left without paying did it by accident, through drink or whatever, then I hope, if you are reading this, and it jogs your memory, that it gives you a pang of conscience. If it was done on purpose then you are a disgrace to St Johnstone, Perth and Scotland, and should stay at home in the future.

If it was you , or you know who it was, I am not looking to be repaid, but the guilty individuals may wish to make a donation to Saints Youth Development in lieu of your free food and drink in Vilnius!

Wasn't me I never had any food !

some of they taxi drivers were robbing fuqing kunts though if ye let em

Got home 9 last night : thoughts on the game ,Saints put a hell of an effort in against a team that did to us what we have done to teams  . They sat in and hit on the break . I'm proud of the boys for there efforts not just in the match but in what they achieved last year in qualifying for Europe . 

The travelling fans we're awesome   And took over bars with good natured singing and fun 

Vilnius is a great city with cracking bars ( good local beers ) and  resteraunts ( cracking food ) 

excellent trip . Unlucky result , thank you Saintees 

Aye .i agree

Heads Burst
Amazing 4 "daze" in LT 
We drank 71 Kegs in Republic on Weds Night
Zuvine  can suck a wet fart fae a dead pigeons arse... miserable robbing fuqs (I paid for my coffees as i went).
"Shut Yer Hole, Shut Yer Hole" - best song
The young team singing "everywhere we go" in time with the Hari Krishna's chanting in town was Britain's Got Talent quality.
The FK Trakai ballboy selling the match ball for 10 euros .... :)
SLF nearly dying.... :(
The legend who had his hand down FK Trakai's captains wife's kex at the bar in republic....

Loved it all - the match too.... unrivaled time with football family, old and new pals. What a trip....... just spare a thought for this guy..............

Edited by MySpazz

what can i say.....football was pants, my body thinks Ive been trying to kill it and now its getting me back for the second day, I'm dog tired and you know what? Wouldn't change it for the world! great crack with old and new friends, raucous nights in Republic and Wednesday's sing song will live long in the memory. Thanks chaps, you know who you are!

by the way still looking forward to making asparagus and bacon!

Until next time! Achoo!

That is absolutely brutal, well done to you and your group though. Was drinking there for the majority of the afternoon, would like to think whoever did that did that out of drunken forgetfulness rather than malice, and judging by the state (for want of a better word, not judging, wasn't sober myself) of several fans at that bar on the Thursday that's entirely possible. 

That is absolutely brutal, well done to you and your group though. Was drinking there for the majority of the afternoon, would like to think whoever did that did that out of drunken forgetfulness rather than malice, and judging by the state (for want of a better word, not judging, wasn't sober myself) of several fans at that bar on the Thursday that's entirely possible. 

No one would have meant that.... the bar was a shambles, they had no glasses, were taken by surprise (understandably) by the number of us that showed up (D Fleming to blame!!!) and then didn't like when someone stood on the bar to put a flag up .... :)

I was in the group that allegedly didn’t pay their €50 drink & food bill and am amazed at how gullible some people have been. The facts are that the bill was indeed paid as I paid it! After the first couple of rounds I ordered some food and they requested I paid €21 for the drinks we had drunk before they would bring the food which is what I did. I then paid €9 for the food - mini dumplings in white wine sauce stuffed with fish which were excellent and a bowl of chips - and then a further €21 for drink. So you will no doubt be pleased to know that you have boosted the black economy (and the young waiters meagre wages) by €50 ! Perhaps next time you are feeling generous (or sanctimonius) you should just donate directly to the Saints Youth Development instead of Lithuanian Youth Development. How does the saying go “ a fool and his money……….”

I too had a really enjoyable trip but one disappointing thing for me was to hear how readily some Saints fans believed locals of fellow Saints fans “dishonesty” without checking the facts. Yes the Lithuanians were very friendly, however they were also very adapt at making as much money out of visitors while they can. This was evidenced by the wide range of prices charged by taxi drivers for the same airport trip (€8 to €25).

Edited by DBay Saint

I was in the group that allegedly didn’t pay their €50 drink & food bill and am amazed at how gullible some people have been. The facts are that the bill was indeed paid as I paid it! After the first couple of rounds I ordered some food and they requested I paid €21 for the drinks we had drunk before they would bring the food which is what I did. I then paid €9 for the food - mini dumplings in white wine sauce stuffed with fish which were excellent and a bowl of chips - and then a further €21 for drink. So you will no doubt be pleased to know that you have boosted the black economy (and the young waiters meagre wages) by €50 ! Perhaps next time you are feeling generous (or sanctimonius) you should just donate directly to the Saints Youth Development instead of Lithuanian Youth Development. How does the saying go “ a fool and his money……….”

I too had a really enjoyable trip but one disappointing thing for me was to hear how readily some Saints fans believed locals of fellow Saints fans “dishonesty” without checking the facts. Yes the Lithuanians were very friendly, however they were also very adapt at making as much money out of visitors while they can. This was evidenced by the wide range of prices charged by taxi drivers for the same airport trip (€8 to €25).

Sounds like a suitably worded review on Trip Advisor is called for. If I ever find myself in Vilnius I won't be going there.