Lack of Ambition or Direction

St Mikey

19 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We sell Stevie for £1m, replace with Brian Graham on loan. 

Dundee sell Jack Hendry for £1m, replace with Steven Caulker on 18 month deal. 

A small insight into why we're regressing. 

I agree that the manager should have been given some funds to try to more adequately replace May, but you can't possibly be suggesting that Dundee are a model for us to follow either on or off the park. They consistently finish below us in the league, year on year, and they consistently suffer financial difficulties.

Caulker on paper looks like a good signing but who knows how much they're paying him, and he hasn't even kicked a ball for them yet so who knows how successful he'll be. Brian Graham actually had a reasonable goal return for us and in the season we had him we finished fourth. I'd take that now over anything Dundee are able to offer their fans.

I keep seeing people talking about what a good manager Neil McCann is, and yet we're apparently having a horrific season and we're still above them in the league (as usual) whilst spending less money than them (as usual).

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We sell Stevie for £1m, replace with Brian Graham on loan. 

Dundee sell Jack Hendry for £1m, replace with Steven Caulker on 18 month deal. 

A small insight into why we're regressing. 

Aye and you see the state of Dens, it's crumbling, the team isn't very good for the wages they pay, not a model we should be aspiring to

Think we need a wee reality check.. remind me how many folk actually turn up on a Saturday ... Dundee .. how much debt have they incurred/written off!? That's just one example..

I am long enough in the tooth to realise it's not that easy to choose  the right player for your team & even if you do, you aren't protected against injury.. look no further than McMillan.. 

So do we want a solvent championship club or an in debt brink of going under premiership club.. tough 21st century football dilemmas?? :-( 

34 minutes ago, Cagey said:

The problem is if we go down we will struggle to get back.

Look at St Mirren almost relegated to 1st.

United & Caley struggling to get up.

Hibs struggled.

Did Sevco not spend 2 seasons there ?.

Took us what, seven years?

I've been saying it for many a year, but it has to be one of the toughest most competitive leagues in the whole of the British Isles. Come the first kick of a ball on the opening day of the season you literally have no idea who's going to win the bloody thing. As you mentioned, St Mirren are a prime example.

Edited by SaintDougie