Vilnius

541ntees

Tremendous! Totally shocked at how nice a place it was. I'd recommend it to anyone for a city break kinda thing.

.Cheap everything. Decent locals. Loved it. 

Go along with that. I'd say either mid summer or depth of winter. Wouldn't fancy it in the spring or autumn.

Buildings, bars, cafes, airport (so close to town) etc etc - highly recommended.

One tip though...... be careful at the KGB museum, the cells and torture chambers are horrific - they've got the saints game on repeat :)

was surprised at how beautiful the city was and the people were very friendly(never seen such good looking girls) but when it got dark it turned into somewhere totally different 

spent most of the time in republic  with most saintees so that was fine left late on the wed night an went to a bar/club just along the rd - my mate got talking to some lithuanian girls and i lost count of the ammount of times they had to stop guys causing hassle with us 

on the walk home to our hotel there was a serious incident involving a saints fan and a taxi driver-we hekoed them get to their dads hotel in another taxi who charged 300euro . on our walk home on thu night from republic we had some woman screaming in the street "capitalist " an pointing at my kilt at 1st i thought she was having a laugh but she was fuming and 10 minutes later 2locals swung for my mate telling us to get the f out of their country,

so a mixed experience on my part

was surprised at how beautiful the city was and the people were very friendly(never seen such good looking girls) but when it got dark it turned into somewhere totally different 

spent most of the time in republic  with most saintees so that was fine left late on the wed night an went to a bar/club just along the rd - my mate got talking to some lithuanian girls and i lost count of the ammount of times they had to stop guys causing hassle with us 

on the walk home to our hotel there was a serious incident involving a saints fan and a taxi driver-we hekoed them get to their dads hotel in another taxi who charged 300euro . on our walk home on thu night from republic we had some woman screaming in the street "capitalist " an pointing at my kilt at 1st i thought she was having a laugh but she was fuming and 10 minutes later 2locals swung for my mate telling us to get the f out of their country,

so a mixed experience on my part

Never saw anything like that, but don't dispute it.... there's an underbelly to most places. Thought the locals were tolerant, but serious and straight (as to be expected where anyone over 40 lived in USSR times). Easy to forget how liberal the UK is. 

• 1 month later...