Development Squad News 2017/18

Radford 72

Guest ScottMann
33 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Only down side was the yellow cards produced by the official for Saints players, when like challenges by 'Well resulted in free kicks.

That's good experience for when they reach the first team then.

17 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

The goal scored in the 6th minute of the second half proved to be the match winner.

Only down side was the yellow cards produced by the official for Saints players, when like challenges by 'Well resulted in free kicks.

A great result for the Saints against a BIG strong team.

M.o.m. The diminutive John Robertson who's trickery and pace gave the defenders a torrid time.

this was certainly a game off two halfs  ,saints were excellent second half ,they got tighter on to the well players specially the well number 7 who was superb in the first half ,i have to agree about Jon Robertson who at 16 years old played very well ,and you could see the delight on his face that it was Jamie McKenzie that he set up to score the goal 

4 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

this was certainly a game off two halfs  ,saints were excellent second half ,they got tighter on to the well players specially the well number 7 who was superb in the first half ,i have to agree about Jon Robertson who at 16 years old played very well ,and you could see the delight on his face that it was Jamie McKenzie that he set up to score the goal 

Spot on buddy.

The 'Well no.7, while very good, was looking for the glory all the time . Instead of squaring the ball on occasions, to a better placed colleague, elected to shoot. For that we can be thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2018 at 1:42 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

U20's home game vs Killie has been brought forward to Easter Monday.

K.o. time at McDiarmid park is 1800.

C.o.y.s.

Killie won 6-3 last time against Saints on Their plastic pitch and are currently  level on points, though are a league place behind Saints.

Saints to win by the odd goal in five.

Coys.

The 3-2 scoreline flattered Killie who were bossed by Saints for most of the game. In the 1st minute Saints could have been a goal down when the diminutive Alex Samizadadeh ( who was the only threat to Saints with his trickery) was flagged offside when it appeared he was clean through.

A great triangular passing movement, and a cut back from the right was hammered into the roof of the net from close range ( in the 8th minute) by midfielder McCann, who proved to be instrumental in most of Saints moves over the piece.

Saints continued to create chances and but for bad finishing ( namely a Jamie Docherty header, when free at the back post missed the target from point blank range ) should have been further ahead, before Jack Wilson from a Kyle McClean corner made it 2-0 with a thumping header just before the break.

2nd half much the same as Killie were hemmed into their own half, with any hoofed clearance mopped up by the impressive Liam Gordon.

Killie got an unexpected break in the 72nd minute when a free kick from no.8 McDonald took a wicked deflection off Saints defensive wall and changed direction , with keeper Ross Sinclair unable to make up the ground as the ball spun into the net.

More pressure in the 82nd minute resulted in Cameron Ballantyne finding the net. 3-1 to the Saints.

As the match neared it's conclusion, Killie got another break when Comrie (I believe) inexplicably put too much pressure on the attacker, when the ball was heading away from goal on the byline and conceded a penalty. Soft, but nonetheless a penalty.

No.9 Innes Cameron who didn't get a look in all evening, stepped up to score, sending Sinclair the wrong way.

Impressive passing performance by the team who should have won by a bigger margin.

On 10/04/2018 at 7:44 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

Hearts go 3-2 ahead with roughly 5 mins. left.

That was the final score.

first half saints were excellent .2nd half very poor ,players were tired ,hearts third sub was a 16 year old ,which brings me to my point of why did saints only use one sub again in a game ,the boys on bench may be 16 but how else are they going to learn ,if they are on bench use them have a bit of faith in them its very frustrating for me as a parent but more so as a fan of football.

1 hour ago, sevcozombie2 said:

first half saints were excellent .2nd half very poor ,players were tired ,hearts third sub was a 16 year old ,which brings me to my point of why did saints only use one sub again in a game ,the boys on bench may be 16 but how else are they going to learn ,if they are on bench use them have a bit of faith in them its very frustrating for me as a parent but more so as a fan of football.

Agree that the subs get a run out, it's the only way they are going to develop.

On 12/04/2018 at 11:41 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

In the penultimate home fixture this season, Saints take on Hamilton Accies on Tuesday next with k.o. 6pm.

Season tickets are valid.

C.o.y.s.

Wonder if Muzz will get a run out, as he appears to be suspended for 2 first  team games from 14/04/2018.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Very unentertaining 0-0 .

Few chances that were created excellently dealt with by both keepers.

A netbound header by Accies following a free kick, was headed off the line for a corner by McClean who managed to get back with the keeper beaten.

A below par performance by Saints.

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Very unentertaining 0-0 .

Few chances that were created excellently dealt with by both keepers.

A netbound header by Accies following a free kick, was headed off the line for a corner by McClean who managed to get back with the keeper beaten.

A below par performance by Saints.

13  subs between both teams 6 for Hamilton 7 for saints and not one sub used ,the game was awful ,there is nothing to play for so why not give others a chance ,in 17 years of coaching on and off and watching hundreds of games ,i ave never seen anything like that before